Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will there be a new species?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Will there be a new species?

Darth_Raelen
08.16.2014 , 10:33 AM | #1
It's been a while since we've seen the release of Cathar, and I was -so- excited then. I bought Cathar for something new and to help promote them adding more new species. Now, a year and three months later I haven't even heard rumors of a new species possibly being added. I've seen great new mounts, like the Rancor (which I still want, I'm waiting for THAT to be added to the CC store), and new armors I love, but no new species.

As a roleplayer, new species for me mean new story potential, not just for me to RP as but for others to RP as. I'd personally love to see Zeltrons as a playable species, but if not them, Togruta could be interesting too. It would just be nice to see any new species as playable. I was really expecting to hear some kind of rumor or announcement long before now. Think they'll add more new species, preferably sometime while it's still 2014?

Keepsake
08.17.2014 , 08:51 AM | #2
Probably not, no. There's only so many relatively humanoid species that exist. And then you gotta factor in species like the Togruta and Nautolans, where their head tails will clash with lots of different armor. I think we're stuck with what we got for the indefinite future.

Which sucks because I've wanted a Togruta smuggler since day one

Darth_Raelen
08.17.2014 , 10:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Keepsake View Post
Probably not, no. There's only so many relatively humanoid species that exist. And then you gotta factor in species like the Togruta and Nautolans, where their head tails will clash with lots of different armor. I think we're stuck with what we got for the indefinite future.

Which sucks because I've wanted a Togruta smuggler since day one
Well, see, that's where you lose me. We have a Togruta companion for one of the characters and they made her able to wear armors and such, and it's not really that different than Twi'lek, just add horns.