Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Max Presence = 2K. Anyone tried it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Max Presence = 2K. Anyone tried it?

Heezdedjim's Avatar


Heezdedjim
08.15.2014 , 04:56 PM | #1
Just curious if anyone has ever pimped Presence to the maximum level available in game.

According to the askmrrobot.com gear calculator, with the highest level craftable Commander prefix items (+Power, +Presence), rank 28 Command augments, and with all datacrons and legacy buffs, the max achievable would be 2,076 before stim, so it seems that at least 2,100 total should be achievable.

Based on the formulas I could find, 2,000 Presence would add the following to your companion's stats:

Bonus Damage: +400
Bonus Healing: +280
Bonus HP: +10,000

I know there are people that make a habit of soloing HEROICs with companions, and some people use the healing ones to 2-man or 3-man flashpoints, or as backups when someone drops out. I'm curious if anyone has gotten close to or over 2,000 presence with a companion and what the results were for solo and small group runs with them.

arunav's Avatar


arunav
08.15.2014 , 05:15 PM | #2
I have less than half that from just finishing all the companion conversations.

The benefits are enormous while leveling, and even at level cap make your companions much better.

I don't know the answer to your question, though. I assumed there was a diminishing returns point for the stat, as with others.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Master_Hitsugaya's Avatar


Master_Hitsugaya
08.15.2014 , 05:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
Just curious if anyone has ever pimped Presence to the maximum level available in game.

According to the askmrrobot.com gear calculator, with the highest level craftable Commander prefix items (+Power, +Presence), rank 28 Command augments, and with all datacrons and legacy buffs, the max achievable would be 2,076 before stim, so it seems that at least 2,100 total should be achievable.

Based on the formulas I could find, 2,000 Presence would add the following to your companion's stats:

Bonus Damage: +400
Bonus Healing: +280
Bonus HP: +10,000

I know there are people that make a habit of soloing HEROICs with companions, and some groups use the healing ones to run short groups for FP runs, or as backups when someone drops out. I'm curious if anyone has gotten close to or over 2,000 presence with a companion and what the results were for solo and small group runs with them.
I am sure someone has and that is why people don't suggest presence gear at max lvls and besides if you play all 8 class story's and get all comps affections maxed you get like 500 presence ( need to include human at max lvl for the 100)

Just outfit your comps in 180 gear then they will be all the awesome you need.
Sammycakes-Jedi Sentinal
Sammycake-Powertech
Sammycakez-Sniper
Lordsammycakes-Sorcerer

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
08.15.2014 , 05:23 PM | #4
I suspect that at least 1000 of those presence points would only be possible by taking away the stat budget of your own character.

If you're a dps, this means that your damage output will be seriously gimped. If you're a healer, your healing output would suffer. And if you're a tank, your incoming damage will be much worse.

Remember that it's you PLUS your companion doing work in a Herioc. Any stat budget spent on presence would gimp your own abilities more than they would buff your companion's.

/2cents

Savej's Avatar


Savej
08.15.2014 , 05:25 PM | #5
Presence makes a big difference at low levels - that almost static +150 damage and +4k health matters a lot because it effectively multiplies total health and dmg done at those levels. But at max level it's just a nice extra buff - doesn't rewrite any particular encounters and gear matters more. But I'm not sure how replacing augments with presence/command would ever be worth it.

Heezdedjim's Avatar


Heezdedjim
08.15.2014 , 05:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I suspect that at least 1000 of those presence points would only be possible by taking away the stat budget of your own character.
For the part comes from the gear bonus stats and augments, it certainly does. I'm just curious if anyone has actually tried putting all those points into presence and how it worked out.

_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
08.15.2014 , 07:09 PM | #7
well, all i can say for sure is that it would make YOU the companion.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Rehneu's Avatar


Rehneu
08.15.2014 , 08:55 PM | #8
Guild mate did an HK project involving as much presence as possible. Not sure if he capped it out or not but, his HK was a terror at that point. lol

-Holmes's Avatar


-Holmes
08.15.2014 , 09:05 PM | #9
Would Presence still work if my companion is wearing it instead of me?
What's star wars?

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.15.2014 , 10:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Would Presence still work if my companion is wearing it instead of me?
No. Presence as a stat only works properly if it is applied to your character directly. On companions it is worthless. The bonus is calculated based on your presence stat only to my knowledge.