Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH Act 3 Bugged - GAMEBREAKING to BH Progression, no access to Illum/D7/ETC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
BH Act 3 Bugged - GAMEBREAKING to BH Progression, no access to Illum/D7/ETC
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaliwyn
12.29.2011 , 10:33 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithril View Post
So, then the fact that I chose the light side options and now can not get the Ilum daily (or have it shared with me), means that it is some other bug that is not related to this bug? If so, anybody know a workaround for that?
OK. But what if I made all of my choices, finished my class quest, cleared my log and now I have no way to get to Illum or redo my quest. What is the next step now?
Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. - Malcolm Reynolds

hctibyllis
12.30.2011 , 12:41 AM | #92
Same problem, been stuck doing repetitive pvp for the past 3 days because I can't do dailies. OH and sometimes I can't do hard mode FPs either (depends if the game feels like letting me in or not, I guess).

I made the dark side choice for BH and got no quest to go to Illum. In fact, my loading screen still says I'm trying to kill the royal guard

This really sucks and pretty much handicaps those of us that are interested in the endgame. Please fix your game! This is a MAJOR disappointment to what was otherwise a fun experience.

Warwich
12.30.2011 , 03:31 AM | #93
This is a *********** shame, I cant express how angy I am.
This is not a small bug, its halting my gameplay alltogether.
I have been trying to stay calm, realizing that its alot of things that needs attention but now ive had it, diaf.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out " <3

Amazenbiano
12.30.2011 , 08:06 AM | #94
I just hit 50 yesterday and encountered this bug as well. I have played many mmo's in the past, and I understand that there are always bugs in MMO's, especially at launch. But I have NEVER experienced a bug that would basically break the main aspect of the game, in ANY mmo. This bug should be Biowares priority to fix over anything else, mainly because the game has been advertised to revolve around your characters individual story progression. This bug is game breaking, and really starts to put doubt in the customers that are paying for the game. Within the next couple of days, there will be a lot of people reaching 50, and experiencing this bug, not being able to progress with their friends into illum. Like mentioned in previous posts, this problem should have been addressed and fixed during the beta testing period. I hope Bioware decides to put more of their resources into fixing this MAJOR game breaking bug as soon as possible. This needs to be fixed sooner rather than later, and those who have had days without the ability to complete dailys, should be compensated.

filodoks
12.30.2011 , 08:47 AM | #95
im BH, just finished storymode questline and dont get FIRST STRIKE quest too
i though its end after space cutscene
besides, this is so major bug, i dont get it how its possible that it was not removed in beta phase?

phlowbies
12.30.2011 , 12:34 PM | #96
That workaround doesn't actually work all the time.

Malicore
12.30.2011 , 12:53 PM | #97
I hit a similar bug with my BH at lvl 26 on the missions “Meeting the Admiral” & “A dangerous Auction” and now my story line has hit a brick wall and I can’t progress.* I’ve had no help from customer service and I don’t know if these bugs will ever be fixed. It’s really disappointing that major bugs like these were not fixed during the beta.

Zorvan
12.31.2011 , 04:08 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Thank you for this! Our QA team has tested this and has confirmed that this is a valid workaround. We have updated the Known Issue thread accordingly! Rest assured that we are working on a fix for this!

EDIT: While the above is possible, we definitely want players to choose their own path. Please rest assured that no matter what choice you make for your character, this issue will be resolved soon.

Thank you!
The devs couldn't be bothered to fix it in the last few months of beta when it was repeatedly reported, so what exactly is your definition of "soon"?

Tokashi_ZA
12.31.2011 , 10:30 AM | #99
No fix for BH in next weeks' patch so we LOSE OUT ON ANOTHER WEEK ...

This is just amazing, sigh.

This is a very high priority bug and it is not fix for release and this issue was reported LONG before the official release....

vladthemadimaler
12.31.2011 , 03:15 PM | #100
Patch notes for Patch 1.0.2 have the fix for this issue included judging by fact its already on PTR I'd assume we will see this patch tuesday - thursday if lucky