Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Tanking Relics - DF and DP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Powertech Tanking Relics - DF and DP

Methoxa
08.08.2014 , 04:48 AM | #11
I think we all would say that neither DF Nm nor DP Nm, except maybe for Brontes + Council are hard. This leads to solohealing, solotanking or whatever internal challenge you can think of.
Revanchist

AAAAzrael
08.08.2014 , 05:02 AM | #12
GL solo healing Tyrans
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

fire-breath
08.08.2014 , 07:15 AM | #13
KBN? Can we see some delicious math of yours about how much better the mending relic is? To bad I'm a shadowtank in there, else would have loved to use it myself. My vg co-tank can be quite reserved about carrying more than 1 set of gear.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 67k HP commando DPS/healer

TACeMossie
08.08.2014 , 07:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
KBN? Can we see some delicious math of yours about how much better the mending relic is? To bad I'm a shadowtank in there, else would have loved to use it myself. My vg co-tank can be quite reserved about carrying more than 1 set of gear.
From my post in another thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
The vanguard passive does a self heal when hit by an AoE attack with a rate limiter of 3 seconds. When this happens, it has a 50% chance to proc the Ephemeral mending relic on yourself, so you get an extra ~900 heals every ~23 seconds thanks to that relic. The Reactive warding is ~1480 extra 'health' every ~43 seconds, so it shows how good the ephemeral mending relic is on fights where it actually works (so brontes and... yeah, just brontes. Maybe the last phase of dread council too, if the healers are happy with you using 1 relic for most of the fight)

In fact, back in patch 2.4 BiS for shadow tanks was Ephemeral Mending + Reactive Warding (lol 6 seconds of invulnerability), because all the self heals they did to themself made it proc almost on cooldown.
in other words, its about 11.2% better than a reactive warding relic on a fight where it consistently activates, such as Brontes.

In other words you need to take AoE damage every 5-ish seconds in a fight (or less) for an Ephemeral Mending relic to be superior to a reactive warding relic
Kwerty, Level 60 Vanguard on The Harbinger
Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide

KeyboardNinja
08.08.2014 , 11:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DuEldrvarya View Post
I mean to counter your comment I believe the first time I killed CZ during nim power on live, I (as an operative healer) died to the second laser (fail harder) and the co-heals did the rest of the fight without me no-probs.
We had some pre-nerf weeks where that happened (meh…). In one particularly exciting one, both healers were dead at the end of the quad laser, and we only had myself (shadow tank), a sentinel and a commando DPS with the battle rez burned. One stealth rez on the healer while the commando sacrificed himself to Chest Laser, chain cooldowns followed by a subsequent stealth to let the sentinel off-tank while my stacks dropped and we still got the kill.

A smart group can make that fight look stupid-easy. Same goes true for most of the fights in the instance, even pre-nerf. I remember that on our first Grob'thok kill, our commando healer spent nearly all her time DPSing because she was concerned about the enrage (we had some sub-DPS that night) and the healing was easy-mode.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)