Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Tanking Relics - DF and DP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Powertech Tanking Relics - DF and DP

Consular_Bob
08.06.2014 , 10:42 AM | #1
Hi all, I have read lots about tanking relics and which is best/worst etc. However, I cannot find a straight answer to which Tanking relics are best for a Powertech in:

DP HM
DP NiM
DF SM
DF NiM

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all!

Methoxa
08.06.2014 , 11:29 AM | #2
DP Hm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding
DF Hm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding
DF Sm : lol troll^^
DF Nm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding... Brontes : Reactove Warding + Ephemeal Mending

DP Nm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding
Revanchist

KeyboardNinja
08.06.2014 , 12:30 PM | #3
What Methoxa said. As a general rule, Fortunate Redoubt and Reactive Warding are BiS for pretty much everyone on all content. The Ephemeral Mending thing on Brontes is absolutely true, but it's only true because of some very unique and weird properties of that fight. It is highly unlikely that Bioware would do anything quite like that fight ever again, at least not in terms of damage profiles.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

dipstik
08.06.2014 , 12:53 PM | #4
I think (according to calcs) shadows and PTs like the shield amp relic for nefra... over the reactive warding. thats the only fight though.

Methoxa
08.06.2014 , 01:42 PM | #5
Since the removal of the nm buff Nefra doesnt do dmg anymore ( in 8m) i am mostly at 1200dtps. Not quite sure but acc. do calculations that would mean reactive warding would be better even for sins and pts ( thats for nm)...

In 16m shield amplification is better
Revanchist

dipstik
08.06.2014 , 03:58 PM | #6
right... nightmare buff. i dont have any numbers for the nerfed df nim.

KeyboardNinja
08.06.2014 , 04:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
right... nightmare buff. i dont have any numbers for the nerfed df nim.
It's lulzy. The tank damage looks to be just about equivalent to HM, except we now have better gear. The post-mitigation DtPS is as Methoxa said, right around 1.2-1.4k depending on CD usage.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

DuEldrvarya
08.06.2014 , 05:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
It's lulzy. The tank damage looks to be just about equivalent to HM, except we now have better gear. The post-mitigation DtPS is as Methoxa said, right around 1.2-1.4k depending on CD usage.
Damage outside of Brontes final phase is so insanely low now in that instance.

I can tell you that Nim Grobthok is about as hard for me to solo heal now as it was in hm back when 180s started. (aka not hard at all).
Same with CZ, I'd totes try that and draxus solo healing in nim, but cba messing up a title run if someone else screws up.

As I have told other peeps before in that instance, one good healer can heal with a rock in pvp gear and be fine in 4/5.
Tar-Míriel Tar-Palantír Tar-Carlion Tar-Vanimelde Tar-Meneldur Tar-Telperien Inzilbêth Almarian Lindorie
Tar-Amandil Tar-Elendill Tar-Minyatur Isilme Silmarien
Hates You Redemption
Dread Master Gate Crasher

KeyboardNinja
08.07.2014 , 12:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DuEldrvarya View Post
Damage outside of Brontes final phase is so insanely low now in that instance.

I can tell you that Nim Grobthok is about as hard for me to solo heal now as it was in hm back when 180s started. (aka not hard at all).
Same with CZ, I'd totes try that and draxus solo healing in nim, but cba messing up a title run if someone else screws up.

As I have told other peeps before in that instance, one good healer can heal with a rock in pvp gear and be fine in 4/5.
It really depends on your group. I've been able to commando/sage heal both Raptus healing challenges successfully (note: that means solo healing 4.5 seconds of the second one) in far less than full 186 gear, but I really don't think I could solo heal 4/5 in an arbitrary group. A good group? Absolutely. But there are just so many ways to take extra damage on those bosses. Maybe not Nefra (absent tanks trolling the healers by not swapping), but almost all of the others. I've had 5k+ effective HPS on post-nerf CZ with a living cohealer, just because the group in question was taking so much unnecessary damage.

DuEldrvarya
08.08.2014 , 01:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
It really depends on your group. I've been able to commando/sage heal both Raptus healing challenges successfully (note: that means solo healing 4.5 seconds of the second one) in far less than full 186 gear, but I really don't think I could solo heal 4/5 in an arbitrary group. A good group? Absolutely. But there are just so many ways to take extra damage on those bosses. Maybe not Nefra (absent tanks trolling the healers by not swapping), but almost all of the others. I've had 5k+ effective HPS on post-nerf CZ with a living cohealer, just because the group in question was taking so much unnecessary damage.
(personal opinion as follows)
For that instance, it is insanely easier for an operative to solo heal 4/5 than any other healer (and to be fair that is what I was talking about.)

I will also agree that if you take lots of stupid damage solo heals wouldn't be possible, but I mean that is almost true with all of the hm content out there right now. When I say it is doable, I assume that groups will not just stand/do stupid for the ***** and giggles, that doesn't mean you have to be perfect, but it's not to say it is a particularly challenging thing to do with any organized group not deliberately ignoring mechanics (like spreading out during missle barrage?).

I mean to counter your comment I believe the first time I killed CZ during nim power on live, I (as an operative healer) died to the second laser (fail harder) and the co-heals did the rest of the fight without me no-probs.

I wouldn't go out of my way to solo heal any fight during timed runs, but if just puttering around for gear on some alt or something, why not? After all, only the health of bosses wasn't nerfed when nim power was removed.
Tar-Míriel Tar-Palantír Tar-Carlion Tar-Vanimelde Tar-Meneldur Tar-Telperien Inzilbêth Almarian Lindorie
Tar-Amandil Tar-Elendill Tar-Minyatur Isilme Silmarien
Hates You Redemption
Dread Master Gate Crasher