Powertech Tanking Relics - DF and DP

Consular_Bob

DP Hm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding

DF Hm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding

DF Sm : lol troll^^

DF Nm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding... Brontes : Reactove Warding + Ephemeal Mending

DP Nm : Fortunate Redoubt + Reactive Warding

What Methoxa said. As a general rule, Fortunate Redoubt and Reactive Warding are BiS for pretty much everyone on all content. The Ephemeral Mending thing on Brontes is absolutely true, but it's only true because of some very unique and weird properties of that fight. It is highly unlikely that Bioware would do anything quite like that fight ever again, at least not in terms of damage profiles.

Since the removal of the nm buff Nefra doesnt do dmg anymore ( in 8m) i am mostly at 1200dtps. Not quite sure but acc. do calculations that would mean reactive warding would be better even for sins and pts ( thats for nm)...

In 16m shield amplification is better

Edited by Methoxa

It's lulzy. The tank damage looks to be just about equivalent to HM, except we now have better gear. The post-mitigation DtPS is as Methoxa said, right around 1.2-1.4k depending on CD usage.

Damage outside of Brontes final phase is so insanely low now in that instance.

I can tell you that Nim Grobthok is about as hard for me to solo heal now as it was in hm back when 180s started. (aka not hard at all).

Same with CZ, I'd totes try that and draxus solo healing in nim, but cba messing up a title run if someone else screws up.

As I have told other peeps before in that instance, one good healer can heal with a rock in pvp gear and be fine in 4/5.

Damage outside of Brontes final phase is so insanely low now in that instance.

I can tell you that Nim Grobthok is about as hard for me to solo heal now as it was in hm back when 180s started. (aka not hard at all).

Same with CZ, I'd totes try that and draxus solo healing in nim, but cba messing up a title run if someone else screws up.

As I have told other peeps before in that instance, one good healer can heal with a rock in pvp gear and be fine in 4/5.

It really depends on your group. I've been able to commando/sage heal both Raptus healing challenges successfully (note: that means solo healing 4.5 seconds of the second one) in far less than full 186 gear, but I really don't think I could solo heal 4/5 in an arbitrary group. A good group? Absolutely. But there are just so many ways to take extra damage on those bosses. Maybe not Nefra (absent tanks trolling the healers by not swapping), but almost all of the others. I've had 5k+ effective HPS on post-nerf CZ with a living cohealer, just because the group in question was taking so much unnecessary damage.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

It really depends on your group. I've been able to commando/sage heal both Raptus healing challenges successfully (note: that means solo healing 4.5 seconds of the second one) in far less than full 186 gear, but I really don't think I could solo heal 4/5 in an arbitrary group. A good group? Absolutely. But there are just so many ways to take extra damage on those bosses. Maybe not Nefra (absent tanks trolling the healers by not swapping), but almost all of the others. I've had 5k+ effective HPS on post-nerf CZ with a living cohealer, just because the group in question was taking so much unnecessary damage.

(personal opinion as follows)

For that instance, it is insanely easier for an operative to solo heal 4/5 than any other healer (and to be fair that is what I was talking about.)

I will also agree that if you take lots of stupid damage solo heals wouldn't be possible, but I mean that is almost true with all of the hm content out there right now. When I say it is doable, I assume that groups will not just stand/do stupid for the ***** and giggles, that doesn't mean you have to be perfect, but it's not to say it is a particularly challenging thing to do with any organized group not deliberately ignoring mechanics (like spreading out during missle barrage?).

I mean to counter your comment I believe the first time I killed CZ during nim power on live, I (as an operative healer) died to the second laser (fail harder) and the co-heals did the rest of the fight without me no-probs.

I wouldn't go out of my way to solo heal any fight during timed runs, but if just puttering around for gear on some alt or something, why not? After all, only the health of bosses wasn't nerfed when nim power was removed.

KBN? Can we see some delicious math of yours about how much better the mending relic is? To bad I'm a shadowtank in there, else would have loved to use it myself. My vg co-tank can be quite reserved about carrying more than 1 set of gear.

From my post in another thread:

The vanguard passive does a self heal when hit by an AoE attack with a rate limiter of 3 seconds. When this happens, it has a 50% chance to proc the Ephemeral mending relic on yourself, so you get an extra ~900 heals every ~23 seconds thanks to that relic. The Reactive warding is ~1480 extra 'health' every ~43 seconds, so it shows how good the ephemeral mending relic is on fights where it actually works (so brontes and... yeah, just brontes. Maybe the last phase of dread council too, if the healers are happy with you using 1 relic for most of the fight)

In fact, back in patch 2.4 BiS for shadow tanks was Ephemeral Mending + Reactive Warding (lol 6 seconds of invulnerability), because all the self heals they did to themself made it proc almost on cooldown.

in other words, its about 11.2% better than a reactive warding relic on a fight where it consistently activates, such as Brontes.

In other words you need to take AoE damage every 5-ish seconds in a fight (or less) for an Ephemeral Mending relic to be superior to a reactive warding relic

I mean to counter your comment I believe the first time I killed CZ during nim power on live, I (as an operative healer) died to the second laser (fail harder) and the co-heals did the rest of the fight without me no-probs.

We had some pre-nerf weeks where that happened (meh…). In one particularly exciting one, both healers were dead at the end of the quad laser, and we only had myself (shadow tank), a sentinel and a commando DPS with the battle rez burned. One stealth rez on the healer while the commando sacrificed himself to Chest Laser, chain cooldowns followed by a subsequent stealth to let the sentinel off-tank while my stacks dropped and we still got the kill.

A smart group can make that fight look stupid-easy. Same goes true for most of the fights in the instance, even pre-nerf. I remember that on our first Grob'thok kill, our commando healer spent nearly all her time DPSing because she was concerned about the enrage (we had some sub-DPS that night) and the healing was easy-mode.

Edited by KeyboardNinja