Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stock Night on The Bastion

Luneward
08.16.2014 , 05:40 PM | #21
Gah! I completely spaced out that this was happening. Oh well.

I wouldn't say it really puts the newbies on the same levels as the vets... Stock night has more appeal to the vets and aces overall since it allows us to go head to head with other skilled pilots on relatively equal footing and builds without worrying about the meta as much.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk

Camelpockets
08.16.2014 , 09:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by zaskar View Post
I know a lot of pilots that won't make it because this is in their operations timeframe.

What about late week after everyone is done with PVE stuff? Or Mondays, day before reset.
Every group is different. I run NiM DF/DP every day except for Friday. And I know other groups have widely different schedules.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels Vasudan Spacepope

Rest in Pepperonis Melee Saboteur (3.2+)
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony

DamascusAdontise
08.16.2014 , 11:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
Gah! I completely spaced out that this was happening. Oh well.

I wouldn't say it really puts the newbies on the same levels as the vets... Stock night has more appeal to the vets and aces overall since it allows us to go head to head with other skilled pilots on relatively equal footing and builds without worrying about the meta as much.
when I say equal footing I mean we are all flying similar ships. Part of the thing people complain about is upgrades and how gear gaps ruin the game. This night puts everyone at the same level, outside of skill and knowledge of course. No its not like new player vs new player, but they certainly have a better chance than on a regular night.

The beauty of it IMO is that new players automatically participate, you don't need to bring anything or do anything special as a new player to enjoy stock night.
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!