Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stock Night on The Bastion

Drakkolich
08.05.2014 , 12:53 AM | #1
With the very succesful Strike night that has been going on at Ebon Hawk, and my recent adventures of playing a ton of stock games, I thought it might be fun to have an event where everyone that is participating plays on Stock ships.

The plan is that on Wednesday, August 13th everyone interested would come play on The Bastion in only Stock ships.
I would suggest making a new alt with " -Stock " at the end (example: Drakolich-Stock) to show that you are participating.

The rules are simple, and were going by the honor system anyways so just come have fun if this interests you.
- You can fly any ship
- You can only use the default components of that ship, no swaping anything around.
- You can't upgrade anything
- You can only use the 4 default crew members (you can however change the copilot)

Time for the event is going to be 5pm-midnight pdt (8pm-3am est)

I hope everyone has fun, if anyone has suggestions for the event I'm all ears and if it's really successful we can make it a weekly thing.
DrakolichDrakolÝch
The BastionTwitch Stream

Mathemagica
08.05.2014 , 02:20 AM | #2
So there would be only three ship types available, or would it be legitimate to play something like a stock Spearpoint?

Drakkolich
08.05.2014 , 03:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathemagica View Post
So there would be only three ship types available, or would it be legitimate to play something like a stock Spearpoint?
You can play all 12 ships, as long as they are the default components with no upgrades. So a stock Spearpoint would be just fine yes.
DrakolichDrakolÝch
The BastionTwitch Stream

DamascusAdontise
08.05.2014 , 11:13 AM | #4
Im down, sounds like a good time + plenty of chance for some new stock screens
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!

caederon
08.05.2014 , 01:46 PM | #5
I think this is a great idea. I'll definitely join in for some matches. I hope it's well received and becomes a recurring event.

- Despon

SammyGStatus
08.05.2014 , 02:06 PM | #6
Would definitely enjoy a coordinated stock night - our records of stock ships are pretty much us (as new players in the eyes of matchmaking) facing newbs with no skill or talent or pedigree. This allows for a bit more.... interesting results to see the scaling of ability vs the scaling of gear. Dope idea Drako - please make schedule
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Camelpockets
08.07.2014 , 08:11 AM | #7
My only thing against one of the points you mentioned is that we can only use the default crew members:

The imps start with a crew member that gives an AoE accuracy buff (which I'm sure all of the aces will be running), and if this rule stays the same... the Imps should theoretically dominate the pubs.

I feel like the pubs should at least be able to swap crew members, and not just stick with the ones they have. But other than that I'm all for it.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels Vasudan ShÝvan

The Pockets Legacy - The Shadowlands & Jedi Covenant

Drakkolich
08.07.2014 , 08:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
My only thing against one of the points you mentioned is that we can only use the default crew members:

The imps start with a crew member that gives an AoE accuracy buff (which I'm sure all of the aces will be running), and if this rule stays the same... the Imps should theoretically dominate the pubs.

I feel like the pubs should at least be able to swap crew members, and not just stick with the ones they have. But other than that I'm all for it.
Imps get wingman, though so in the end I'd say it even's out.
DrakolichDrakolÝch
The BastionTwitch Stream

Ryuku-sama
08.07.2014 , 09:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
Pub get pinpointing, though so in the end I'd say it even's out.
I fixed it for ya... Cause you were saying exactly the same he was saying
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

mpatsos
08.07.2014 , 10:27 AM | #10
I think this is a great idea! I'll be in force for IMPS...

-Moocher