Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Three Vectron Magnus, 50+ certs, a blown up machine and millions of credits later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Three Vectron Magnus, 50+ certs, a blown up machine and millions of credits later...

FlyinSpaghetti
08.04.2014 , 10:17 PM | #1
Still no rancor...
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

ThorgrimLutgen
08.04.2014 , 10:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Still no rancor...
You must be the "crap content developers" dream.
Want to fix ranked PVP? Cross-server/faction queues, bring back 8v8s, remove bolster from all ranked play, add a 2018 expertise gate, remove ranked commendations from all non-ranked play, including the 3:1 conversion.

Callaron
08.04.2014 , 10:27 PM | #3
I spent less than a million and managed to get everything except the blown up machine.
Damn resilient things.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Kremsau
08.04.2014 , 11:43 PM | #4
So it turns out KotOR 3 is about a gambling junky...
Harbinger:
Kremsau - 60 Sentinel & Ergus - 47 Vanguard
Kodamy - 60 Sniper & Maalis - 31 Sith Warrior

Prototypemind
08.05.2014 , 12:40 AM | #5
Dat RNG

OddballEasyEight
08.05.2014 , 12:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
I spent less than a million and managed to get everything except the blown up machine.
Damn resilient things.
Blew up twice for me on my first 100k spent :/

AND I got my Magnus.

The rancor waited another 700k to show up tho. Interestingly enough it showed up after I stopped looking for it. I was just spending 200k to make a note on the average gold certs per 200k and it showed up on my last kingpin spin.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

CommanderKeeva
08.05.2014 , 12:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Still no rancor...
If it makes you feel better, I spent about 8 million credits, no rancor or blown up machine but got around 180 certificates. Written off the rancor and the machine as unobtainable.

Apparently we've fallen out of favor with the RNG gods.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Kulyok
08.05.2014 , 01:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
If it makes you feel better, I spent about 8 million credits, no rancor or blown up machine but got around 180 certificates. Written off the rancor and the machine as unobtainable.
Holy mother of the Emperor! And here I was complaining about my magnus...

(I burn about 100-200k at a time every week or so. Will try again tonight if there's no new event ).
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

TX_Angel
08.05.2014 , 02:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post

Apparently we've falled out of favor with the RNG gods.
Are you buying kingpin chips? That is the only way I can imagine that happening...

If you buy smuggler chips and then burn the time required to play and play and play to get kingpin chips, it should average out to 2.3m credits to win a rancor. Of course, RNG might not like you.

I play 200K on each toon, except for my main, I played about a million...

Won it about 120K into it on an alt, probably about 3m invested, give or take... Got everything else along the way as well, many, many blown up machines.

CommanderKeeva
08.05.2014 , 02:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TX_Angel View Post
Are you buying kingpin chips? That is the only way I can imagine that happening...

If you buy smuggler chips and then burn the time required to play and play and play to get kingpin chips, it should average out to 2.3m credits to win a rancor. Of course, RNG might not like you.

I play 200K on each toon, except for my main, I played about a million...

Won it about 120K into it on an alt, probably about 3m invested, give or take... Got everything else along the way as well, many, many blown up machines.
Nah I'm not stupid (at least not in that sense), I only bought smuggler chips and only played the kingpin machines when I had the smuggler's luck buff and only with kingpin chips won on the smuggler machine.

It was just incredibly bad luck.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?