Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else who doesn't mind?

Jowy
12.13.2011 , 02:46 PM | #1
Hey guys,

Knowing the internet MMO community, I really should not be surprised by the amount of backlash this early access has sprung up within the community. Yet, I still find myself overwhelmed by the amount of it. Having been one of those who started following the development of this game from the first day these forums were created, waiting a couple more days to play the game really isn't such a big deal. After 200 weeks of waiting, 1 more doesn't sound so bad. To me, it sounds silly how people are making such a big deal out of this; like threatening to cancel their pre-orders and never playing this game. Really guys, really? You only have to wait a couple of days. It's not like you're not gonna take breaks when the game does come out! Although, in hindsight, perhaps you really won't, but for the sake of the argument, let's assume you are normal. Either way, things are getting blown way out of proportion!

The reason behind writing this post is, firstly, attempting to calm down atleast some of the recent forum hooligans. Perhaps this could act as a little reality check. Honestly, it doesn't really affect me or the admins in the slightest whether you decide to act irrationally or not. But it does affect you. I'm sure you'll have a better day if you just stop the nagging and go play another game while waiting for SWTOR. Now, secondly, I'm a bit curious to know whether there's anyone else who doesn't mind the wait?

See you at launch everybody!
Leon: "You forgot Rule #1 in 'the book.' Don't put yourself in danger."
Shu: "I had to throw away 'the book.' You read it too many times..."

Lasarith
12.13.2011 , 02:49 PM | #2
Dosent Bother me,

- im Expecting to get in on wednesday or thursday (since my codes for late september)

But a bit more info from the Dev,s Here and not Twitter would help.
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

DarkBarron
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #3
Another Day or two is fine with me. Pleanty of other things to do.
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓(۝)█▒▒▒ǁ█(۝)▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Dramhidel
12.13.2011 , 03:14 PM | #4
Did I cry because I didn't get in today? Yup...
Am I mad ...nope...I dont think people understand what would happen if bio actually let everyone in....

People don't realize how long it would take to finish a quest if there are 2million people waiting to collect an item....

You let 20thousand people in....let the, quest up and move on...then let more in and they do the same..

DarkBarron
12.13.2011 , 03:14 PM | #5
Hmm Looking at the epic rant thread I think we are out numbered about 7,000 to 3
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓(۝)█▒▒▒ǁ█(۝)▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Bragah
12.13.2011 , 03:16 PM | #6
I'm fine with not getting in today, even though I wanted to.

I have this thing called a job that makes me do this thing called work on weekdays.

I also pre-ordered the CE in early October and wasn't expecting to get in on day one anyway.

People who complain about not getting in are just hurting themselves. Hats off to Bioware giving us two extra days of early access.

symphilol
12.13.2011 , 03:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkBarron View Post
Hmm Looking at the epic rant thread I think we are out numbered about 7,000 to 3
People who don't whine, don't post.
These are not the droids you are looking for.

PhiPsi
12.13.2011 , 03:17 PM | #8
didn't expect to be in today (or the next couple days, really) so whatevs. Got a raid today to go kill Deathwing in shortbus mode anyway. As long as i'm in by friday I'm a happy dude
▥▥▥║[]╠▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

ptwonline
12.13.2011 , 03:17 PM | #9
People being angry means they care. I'll take that over shrugging of shoulders.

nolanders
12.13.2011 , 03:18 PM | #10
I could care less....the QQ has been entertaining.