Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder Rage Guide (2.8+)

Benirons
08.04.2014 , 05:02 AM | #1
(Last updated Aug 11 2014)

How to RAGE!!!!!

Hello everyone, despite my forum name I normally go by Arc (Imp) or Hiímme (Pub) in game on The Ebon Hawk. I raid with Aisthesis Pub side doing NiM content.

As it stands right now, I have the best Marauder rage parses under my name on the world 1 mill ď2.9+ DPS leader boardĒ and the 1.5 mill The Ebon Hawk Leader board.

So why am I making this guide? After extensive frustration with both annihilation and carnage due to some crippling rng elements (I will not go into details here) I have taken up running rage a couple months ago for pretty much any sort of PVE content, even if it was a single target boss fight. Having parsed a fair bit in it I have discovered something startling: rage can reliably outparse carnage in a single target fight. This however is not in comparison to myself (I doubt I ever did a full carnage parse let alone a competitive one XD) but carnage/combat parses submitted by others on the dummy, hence slight gear differences.

The Spec

Spoiler

Shorthands

Spoiler

Gearing

Spoiler

The opener

Spoiler

Procs

Spoiler

The Rotation

Spoiler

Cascading Power Combos after SM

Spoiler

Clipping Ravage

Spoiler

Video Parse And Combat Log

Spoiler

Parse Analysis

Spoiler

Tips and tricks

Spoiler

Why RU b4 OB and not SM in general?

Spoiler

DieGhostDie
08.06.2014 , 05:43 PM | #2
You have to admit it is quite funny to see people coming off elitist like that by spamming teh dylfu's guides lol.

Awesome work Benirons on the Rage guide. Keep it up.

Meatpopsickle
08.06.2014 , 05:55 PM | #3
Nope, crap guide. Should play real dps like concealment operative.

TACeMossie
08.06.2014 , 05:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Meatpopsickle View Post
Nope, crap guide. Should play real dps like concealment operative.
Nope, Concealment operatives are crap. Should play a real DPS like a Madness Assassin :P
Or better yet, Pyro PT (Im looking at you 1.5 mill HP dummy's on the ebon hawk leaderboards!)

And who's guide was used for that 1.5 mill dummy parse that is best in the world? Not dulfy's, but rather one that was written on these forums. WHO KNEW!

Meatpopsickle
08.06.2014 , 06:43 PM | #5
Nope still crap Dulfy or go home! Besides I can pull a solid 2k on my healer that is real dps for you! Nim quality *****!

TACeMossie
08.06.2014 , 07:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Meatpopsickle View Post
Nope still crap Dulfy or go home! Besides I can pull a solid 2k on my healer that is real dps for you! Nim quality *****!
Operative: Not in top 10 for these:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=628575

or These (world leaderboards):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=9

It is second place here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=714446

But still beaten by the more mobile Assault Vanguard, and it was done by a guy who wrote his own guide instead of using dulfy (though to be fair, Dulfy's Operative guide was written by a guy who mains a concealment operative and was Dulfy's GM, so he knows how to pull it off and wrote a guide for it).

Try harder.

Anyway, in the past, I remember people trying to get Dulfy to optimize her guides a little more. It was responded that "The guides were written so everyone can pick up a class, use those guides, and be HM Capable. NiM Capable requirements should come from other guides or from adapting yourself and picking it up. Probably better for the second option, as it means you are a more nightmare-capable player"

Benirons
08.07.2014 , 01:13 AM | #7
Glad the guide was of use to at least some people. It was the whole point after all :P

I did read the dulfy guide a long time ago on rage and honestly I dont think it is giving it the credit the spec deserves. A stone age old video parse, because nothing else was available as most peeple believe the spec is weak single target wise and that its all about carnage and annihilation. Im trying to show otherwise XD.

I am doing a fair number of things differently and believe ravage is a very big part of the tree (usually 2nd most dmg from it in a parse if not a very close third).

So much for that.

I probably should mention that that naturally this is not THE way to play Rage or that its THE best way to do so. I have gotten the best results with this methodology. I have shared a couple tricks and insights I have learnt on my own which I didnt see anywhere else.

Look at this as a more up to date guide for Rage.

As for you Meatpopsicle, I hope you enjoy dpsing on ur healer, must be fun :P Maybe you should write a guide for it so we can also get better at doing dmg on our healers.

Meatpopsickle
08.07.2014 , 04:49 PM | #8
Sure I could make a post to stroke my ego too!!!!

GrandLordMenace
08.07.2014 , 04:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
Glad the guide was of use to at least some people. It was the whole point after all :P

I did read the dulfy guide a long time ago on rage and honestly I dont think it is giving it the credit the spec deserves. A stone age old video parse, because nothing else was available as most peeple believe the spec is weak single target wise and that its all about carnage and annihilation. Im trying to show otherwise XD.

I am doing a fair number of things differently and believe ravage is a very big part of the tree (usually 2nd most dmg from it in a parse if not a very close third).

So much for that.

I probably should mention that that naturally this is not THE way to play Rage or that its THE best way to do so. I have gotten the best results with this methodology. I have shared a couple tricks and insights I have learnt on my own which I didnt see anywhere else.

Look at this as a more up to date guide for Rage.

As for you Meatpopsicle, I hope you enjoy dpsing on ur healer, must be fun :P Maybe you should write a guide for it so we can also get better at doing dmg on our healers.
Well if the guide is good it might actually end up on dulfy :P She's been contacting guide writers to write guides for classes.
Rydarus Veneris the Eternal Warrior
GuardDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/12/11/swtor-3-...de-by-rydarus/
JuggDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/20/swtor-ve...s-class-guide/

TACeMossie
08.07.2014 , 06:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
Well if the guide is good it might actually end up on dulfy :P She's been contacting guide writers to write guides for classes.
BRB making my guides look more professional so they end up on dulfy.net