Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas For New Advanced Classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Ideas For New Advanced Classes

Shevaresh
08.11.2014 , 08:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazekamiha View Post
The Kingpin/Infiltrator is a ranged tank... like the Vanguard/Powertech.
Just had to comment on this: The Vanguard/Powertech is NOT, has NEVER, and WILL NEVER, be a RANGED tank. It's a melee class that uses close ranged combat abilities to tank and dps its enemies, precisely like its two Jedi/Stih counterparts. Not trying to be rude or nit-pick your choice of words, but I've simply seen far too many Vanguards running around trying to tank or dps with auto-shot and HIB to let that one go

Bioware really should consider repeatively stating in big bold letters at the AC pop-op, when people contemplate which AC to chose that:

VANGUARDS IS A MELEE CLASS; MEANING THAT YOU'RE MEANT TO BE IN MELEE RANGED WITH YOUR ENEMIES AT ALL TIMES!!

/rant

xyrmagus
08.11.2014 , 10:57 AM | #12
I had an idea for a new class. It's based around using a pistol and knife (the two weapons in this game that seem most suited for a non-force user to use in melee range). Handguns are, after all, designed for super-close range combat. A rifle doesn't make as much sense. The more I think about it, it really could be another way to play operative, it just REALLY bugs me that operatives use a rifle for close-range combat...

Imperial Infiltrator (Base class: Agent, can have a smuggler counterpart)
Weapons: Blaster Pistol/Vibroknife

Some sample abilities:

Kneecap: Shoot your target in the knee, interrupting the current action and slowing them by 50% for X seconds.

Counterstrike: Ready for an attack. The next non-AoE attack that does kinetic damage will be parried, and countered for X damage.

Slip: Using experimental technology, slip into stealth for 3 seconds and appear behind the target. Roots the target for 1 sec instantly upon use. Usable in combat, damage taken while in this form of stealth does not remove you from stealth.

Devastate: Stab the target in the gut with your vibroknife, causing them to double over, then shooting them in the back. Causes X damage instantly and Y damage over 12s.

Flurry: Enter a devastating combo of attacks in melee range using your vibroknife and blaster pistol. 2s channel, can be used while moving. Can only be used on targets affected by devastate.

Execution: Stab your target in the chest with your vibroknife, then shoot them in the head with your pistol for X damage. Instant. Only usable below 30%.

Feint: Feint an attack, causing the target to go off-balance. Increases the damage the target takes by Devastate, Flurry, and Execution by X% for Y seconds, and resets the cooldown on flurry.
"...peace was atrophy. Only through conflict could potential be realized." -Darth Malgus

TheRandomno
08.11.2014 , 11:14 AM | #13
Monk/Beserker = Shadow/Assassin.
Overall Achievements Leaderboard

Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

JouerTue
08.11.2014 , 11:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
I would like to see a non-Jedi class that wields a melee weapon.
this.
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

Cuiwe
08.12.2014 , 06:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
this.
Then you'll love the suggestion I made
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

DomiSotto
08.14.2014 , 09:13 PM | #16
I do. It just needs the axes inserted somewhere What I am curious about what kind of skill progression a melee class like that would have and how it will be different from a force user....

mynxvablid
08.19.2014 , 10:21 PM | #17
Greetings,

I have ideas of my own for some new advanced classes.

Republic

1) Jedi Knight
Advanced Class: Jedi Weapon Master
Role: DPS
Summary: Idea being to being an in between variant of the Guardian and the Sentinel. Medium armored, can either dual wield or single saber use. One tree for each style. Single saber tree would be Makashi Form. Dual wield tree would focus on Jar kai form.

2) Jedi Consular
Advanced Class: Jedi investigator
Summary: Like the shadow, the investigator can use stealth, focuses more on saber combat than force mastery, but like the sage, uses a single saber.

3) Smuggler
Advanced Class: Privateer
Role: Tank/DPS/healer
Summary: The Privateer is a jack of all trades, master of none. He can be a good tank, good at dishing out damage, or good at healing. He is intended to fill nearly any role needed. When in space and raiding ships, sometimes you need to learn a lot of skills.

4) Trooper
Advanced Class: Scout
Summary: The scout is a sniper and long range DPS expert. With stealth and a sniper rifle, plus long distance shooting, you'll never realize where he's at until he's already taken his shot.

Imperial

1) Sith Warrior
Advanced Class: Fallen Jedi
Role: Heal/DPS
Summary: You are a former Jedi, fallen to the Dark Side, and corrupted by the seductive teachings of the Sith. Your hunger for power has lead you to the steps of the Korriban academy. With your knowledge of the Jedi way and your thirst for power and hunger for knowing the ways of the sith, you will plow through anyone standing in your way towards your goal of achieving true power.

2) Sith Inquisitor
Advanced Class: Teras Kasi master
Role: Tank/DPS
Summary: As a former slave, you were never allowed weapons, but you learned to fight without them. During your training, your instructors taught you the unarmed combat of teras kasi, and showed you how to channel the force into your unarmed attacks.

3) Bounty Hunter:
Advanced Class: Creature Handler
Role: DPS/Tank
Summary: Why attack a mark by yourself when you can call upon beasts and pets to do your fighting for you? You're trained to tame nearby wildlife, spur them to action, and using various tricks in nature to subdue your mark.

4) Agent
Advanced Class: Spy
Summary: When it comes to fast talking, disguises, hiding and sneaking, you put them all to shame. You favor smaller weapons, knives and holdout blasters rather than a large bulky rifle slung over your shoulder. Some situations call for finesse and silence, which is your specialty.

Juithtin
08.19.2014 , 11:26 PM | #18
I'd like to point you all in this direction; http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...615394&page=13

Probably the most well thought out "new class" post I've come across so far.
Hoshou // Jedi Sentinel || Tesala // Sith Marauder
The Deathstalker Legacy
Harbinger

<One Last Stand> R.I.P Dalborra. It's been fun.

JamieKirby
08.19.2014 , 11:41 PM | #19
It would never happen really, it means EAware would need to make an effort at something and stick to it and we all know how they like to stop in mid-development.

HanSollo
08.20.2014 , 02:34 AM | #20
Trooper --> Ranger
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Offhand: Scattergun
Armor: Heavy
Abilities: Ranged Damage, Crowd Control, Stealth

Some Troopers take point and go in guns blazing. Others sneak to a good vantage point, set up and snipe at range. The Ranger uses an accurate weapon to disable his foe with precise shots before taking them out. In addition if a foe gets too close, or if the Ranger needs to close it, they can use a close range Scattergun in close quarters. This makes the Rangers a deadly force in the Republic's Special Ops Forces.

?????????????????Heavy armor stealthing ranged.............the hot bar has one ability and it kills everything within 30 meters including PvP.