Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any way to get old e-mails back?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any way to get old e-mails back?

08.01.2014 , 01:41 PM | #1
So, I came back to play after a few months, and for my surprise 2 full legacy sets disappeared from my account (they were on my e-mail, I didn't know there were a timer to it get deleted).

I was really hoping to come back do play, does anyone know if there is a way to get all my gear back? Anyone who experienced this got the items back?

Sorry about posting it here, but I was hoping that on gen discussion there'd be a higher chance to find people who had this problem.

08.01.2014 , 01:43 PM | #2
Any mail left for more than 30 days is subject to deletion and essentially unrecoverable. There is not much even customer service can do you may be out of luck.

08.01.2014 , 01:45 PM | #3
After 30 days they are "puff there goes the pink balloon".
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff ----->

08.01.2014 , 01:46 PM | #4
CS can restore lost items, e.g. when you traded in a token for the wrong items, and it is restricted to three items per quarter by policy. Not sure if that will work for items in the mail though, or if they blame that to be the player's fault. Always make sure to retrieve your items from the mail, they are deleted after 30 days. Only mails sent by the game persist, mails from players are automatically deleted.
When you send a ticket to CS, make sure to include the keyword "SEESAW" near the top of the mail, that's how CS will know you want to get an item restored.
Scoundrel healer, raid leader and vanity pet collector on T3-M4.

08.01.2014 , 01:53 PM | #5
Oh well thanks for answering friends, this is a gigantic letdown for me. There goes my will to come back to play. Anyway, I know it's my fault, so thanks again.

08.01.2014 , 01:56 PM | #6
Which legacy sets were they? If you're simply talking about the legacy starfighters outfits, simply create a new character and mail them over, then delete the new character.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

08.01.2014 , 01:56 PM | #7
If I am not wrong can't you reclaim those legacy sets? From your legacy screen
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff ----->

08.01.2014 , 01:58 PM | #8
It was 2 full obroan sets on legacy gear (1 KDY, 1 oriconian, both with mainhand and offhand), both augmented.

08.01.2014 , 02:26 PM | #9
If it's any comfort, I've been bitten by the mail thing too a couple of times.
Though my losses were mostly crafting missions and GTN returned items and profits.
I wish they'd implement some system to automatically dump it all into your cargo hold first, and if that happens to be full... tough luck, it's gone.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

08.01.2014 , 05:18 PM | #10
General rule of thumb, never mail yourself something important and "forget" to get it from the mail. You had 30 days to pick it up after sending it, if you "lost" it by trying to pull the "extra storage via mail" scam, can't give much sympathy if they say no, again, you had 30 days to get it from whatever characters mailbox you sent it to.

Edit for those who come in and say "but unintended absence!" Again, mailboxes ARENT storage. If you send yourself something, pick it up! Unless his computer exploded 5 seconds after mailing them to whatever alt, he had time to claim them on whoever he sent them to.

Just in case it was misunderstood the first two times, mailboxes aren't "extra storage" you can and obviously will lose items after 30 days. Never has been a secret, especially when the day counters turn orange then red in your mailbox window...
The Xiamara Legacy Jung Ma Nightmare Squadron
Simi, Anyamara, Anyankha, Apollimi, Xiamara, Betanya, S'imi, Kitsune'tsuki, Shi'ara, Tayanna, Asuka
"Let another claim the throne. My place is on the battlefield." -- Darth Marr