Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

Khevar
08.04.2014 , 01:31 PM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I gotta ask Reno...what about the price did you "support"? At 50 mil, did that help or hurt the game? See, I think it hurts the game. It prevents casual players, new players and smaller guilds from participating and heavily favors the hardcore players and larger guilds. Nothing good comes from that imo.

In order to support something, I need to see the positive impact it has...what was there about a 50mil price that you supported exactly?
Although you asked Reno, I figured I'd chime in as well.

I don't have any vested interest in the price being high or low. But, I supported the price for one particular reason:

The members of my guild began playing the game more, giving me more opportunities to do group activities with them.

For what it's worth, half a dozen of the people in my guild have been broke since launch. In almost 3 years time, they never figured out how to have money. Two of them were even in the habit of borrowing money from other players. And yet, when faced with the high prices of guild flagships, they suddenly found within themselves the ability to make money and contribute to the guild bank.

What I experienced was a small group of players coming together, playing more, and discovering they were better at parts of the game than they thought. From my own (admittedly limited) perspective, it had a good effect.

Now, I am fully capable of realizing that not everyone reacts that way. Some were pushed away by the high price. My response to that was to argue ways that a guild could pull together to make that kind of money. I tried to offer up solutions that would potentially result in more players realizing that it may not be the barrier they thought.

If BW drops the price, it won't hurt me in the slightest. And you may be right, it may be what's best for the game. (I'm not an expert in such things)

I just wish that more players saw the high price as an opportunity instead of a barrier.

/2cr

Icebergy
08.04.2014 , 02:36 PM | #452
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Although you asked Reno, I figured I'd chime in as well.

I don't have any vested interest in the price being high or low. But, I supported the price for one particular reason:

The members of my guild began playing the game more, giving me more opportunities to do group activities with them.

For what it's worth, half a dozen of the people in my guild have been broke since launch. In almost 3 years time, they never figured out how to have money. Two of them were even in the habit of borrowing money from other players. And yet, when faced with the high prices of guild flagships, they suddenly found within themselves the ability to make money and contribute to the guild bank.

What I experienced was a small group of players coming together, playing more, and discovering they were better at parts of the game than they thought. From my own (admittedly limited) perspective, it had a good effect.

Now, I am fully capable of realizing that not everyone reacts that way. Some were pushed away by the high price. My response to that was to argue ways that a guild could pull together to make that kind of money. I tried to offer up solutions that would potentially result in more players realizing that it may not be the barrier they thought.

If BW drops the price, it won't hurt me in the slightest. And you may be right, it may be what's best for the game. (I'm not an expert in such things)

I just wish that more players saw the high price as an opportunity instead of a barrier.

/2cr
That's awesome, I'm really happy for you and your guild. Its amazing what you can accomplish when you don't waste all your energy on negative thoughts and complaints.
10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 7/10 HM

Brewski
08.04.2014 , 02:48 PM | #453
Can I say that I'm still waiting for the OP to pop back in here with the source of the quote in the title? I'm still eager to know who claimed you could a million credits in an hour doing dailies...

DOHboy
08.04.2014 , 02:53 PM | #454
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Can I say that I'm still waiting for the OP to pop back in here with the source of the quote in the title? I'm still eager to know who claimed you could a million credits in an hour doing dailies...
nobody, which is why some of the first responses were about saving this as a definition of a straw-man argument.

Tsillah
08.04.2014 , 02:53 PM | #455
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
I can get over a million in an hour doing dailies....it does depend a bit on my gtn sales in the mean time though.
Ultimately I am a much more reasonable person when people reply to what I actually wrote instead of what they decided I meant with it

OddballEasyEight
08.04.2014 , 03:08 PM | #456
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
nobody, which is why some of the first responses were about saving this as a definition of a straw-man argument.
Actually, it appears that ONE person might have stated it ONCE.
But then that's not what the OP is claiming anyway so the point still stands.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

HuaRya
08.12.2014 , 10:55 AM | #457
I enjoy optimistic posts like this, however, some of us are on servers where things sell for less than a fraction of what you state. Traveling to fleet to post some blues and oranges I might get 5k for isn't worth the load screen wait time.

As of August 12th everyone on Shadowlands is in a fire sale mentality. Mass Manips are going for 200k, EEE's 30k, and vial of iso's 70k. And the listings for those three are 13 pages deep, meaning the sellers will recycle multiple times in a day and re-list for considerably less. And as far as the discount hypercrates , the filler in those require methodically listing on gtn for 5-20k repeatedly until you get a buyer.

It takes me an hour to do three daily/weekly sections and they generate less than 500k . The items harvested through gathering skills simply do not sell on the GTN for the trouble they are worth taking them there.
Pazaak is long overdue
Pazaak in Cantinas, Pazaak Mini Quest, Pazaak Reputation Vendor
http://www.pazaak.org/

Brewski
08.12.2014 , 11:08 AM | #458
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
The items harvested through gathering skills simply do not sell on the GTN for the trouble they are worth taking them there.
The trouble it takes is having one toon stationed on either a ship with both an email and GTN terminal, or one toon stationed on the fleet next to the mail terminal right next to the GTN terminal.

To your point, gathered materials are typically not worth a lot. That said, mission materials such as Underworld Tradiing sell for extremely high prices relative to the cost of the mission you send them on. If you level your UT skill from 0 to 450 on metal and (recently) fabric skills, and sell the mats on the GTN, not only will leveling pay for itself, you will actually make a healthy profit as well.

The other three missions skills can also pay for themselves, but you have to be more selective in what missions you run. UT and Slicing are nothing but cash cows.

Have all your active toons extra companions run missions while you are playing. Takes 2-3 seconds per companion to send them on a mission, and a few seconds at a mail terminal to send the mats to your seller. Log in once a day with your seller to collect all of the goods and GTN sales you made, list new sales, and send cash to your main toons.

There, now you have the secret to infinite money. Admittedly not 1 million an hour, but then no one has ever claimed that anyway.

Credits are easy to make in this game. The only variable is the rate you make them at and the rate you spend them at.

JAVEWZ
12.30.2014 , 01:33 AM | #459
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
So remember how in all the Stronghold/Guild Ships/Legacy Storage topics certain people always claim credits are so easy to make in such a short amount of time? And that you'll be swimming in them in under an hour?

Well I went and tested it and here are my results:

Dailies and Weeklies done:
Belsavis
Ilum
Section X
Black Hole
Czerka
Oricon
Makeb
Makeb Staged Weekly
GSI Makeb
GSI Tatoonie (only need two planets for Weekly)

Total Time Spent doing Dailies: 5 hours 17 minutes

Total credits earned: 1,385, 888

Barely over a million. And in fact the last 400k of those came from the sheer amount of stuff done on Makeb which took a little over 2 hours itself.

So with Makeb out over three hours of work it was only 985,000 credits and that includes the Dailies on planets NOBODY does to boost the numbers up. I did every bonus and every Heroic (only Section X I had to group for as it requires 4 to complete), so no "hurr durr you skipped stuff!" because I didn't.

I also didn't spend any credits on purchases and didn't die to any mobs so no repair bill inflation.

1 mil in under an hour doing Dailies? Not unless Crate-o-Matic's are dropping off every boss.

Yes by the end of the 5 hours of mindless grinding and watching 2 season's of DBZ Abridged in the background to stay sane I wasn't having fun anymore.
threes antothor way harves tthe m on lium

OddballEasyEight
12.30.2014 , 02:01 AM | #460
Quote: Originally Posted by JAVEWZ View Post
threes antothor way harves tthe m on lium
Why dredge this old thread up?

This so called "myth" was something that ONE person stated ONCE.

And the OP was completely off his rocks.

Let this die out.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.