Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

Darth_Wicked
07.31.2014 , 07:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Which dailies?
None.

It's BS.

He may claim to use stealth but that would bring down the overall revenue even further.

Darth_Wicked
07.31.2014 , 07:27 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkheyr View Post
Well, we have at least someone in this thread claiming it to be possible:
I guess his measure of time differs considerably from ours. It's the only explanation I can think of.

lironBD
07.31.2014 , 07:29 AM | #23
You are doing it wrong my child.

Classic cooms > u get offhand from fleet sell for 15 k
Basic cooms > Iso-5 vial \ craft or sell for ******** of credits.

Also many of those areas including makeb will drop "junk loot" and raw credits from mobs worth loads loads of cash.
I once collected long ago all the junk loot from ilum \ belsavis classic and black hole it was sold for over 100k !!

Also you should really use crew skills and GTN to make money I didn't touch dailies for long time now.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

Storm-Cutter
07.31.2014 , 07:36 AM | #24
You could possibly make a million in an hour crafting - but it'd be in small chunks of maybe 5-10 mins a day to log on, send companions on missions, check the GTN for bargain basement mats and lof off. 2/3 times a day. - in a weeks time you'd have a milion if the god of sales is smiling on you. - and for an hour's actual playtime.

- Do this with several characters - and yes it is possible-

BUT its like the Model T- car plant turning out a car every minute - IT DIDN'T TAKE A MINUTE TO MAKE!

But doing dailies solo? I somehow doubt it. Even the Black hole (not heroic) takes ~15-20 mins on a 'speed run' for ~50K or so. - And though not the most profitable- it is possibly the quickest. - Did the OP include the vials of ISotope-5 from the Basic comms hand-in - GSI, MSW and weeklies give 20-30 each IIRC - that-s 70-80K per vial for 35 comms each.
-Storm Cutter.

DarthDymond
07.31.2014 , 07:37 AM | #25
Can't find it now, but I swear there was a thread in the last week or two that broke down how many credits you could make per Daily Area and even included a credits-per-hour ratio based on his times (it was only the quest rewards I think).

Or am I thinking of a Reddit thread?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

ZETA_SCORPII
07.31.2014 , 07:39 AM | #26
I ran nothing but dailies for well over a year and would always make over a Mil a day, plus the boost you get from Iso sales.

Reno_Tarshil
07.31.2014 , 07:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Can't find it now, but I swear there was a thread in the last week or two that broke down how many credits you could make per Daily Area and even included a credits-per-hour ratio based on his times (it was only the quest rewards I think).

Or am I thinking of a Reddit thread?
I remember posting prices per daily area rounded up in one thread a while back.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Transairion
07.31.2014 , 07:59 AM | #28
Haven't found the quote yet despite control-f ing through 54 pages of another topic, I'll try again tommorow.

Quote:
Yeah, time does vary depending on class, companion, gear and concentration (the OP was watching a show at the same time... seems like he wasn't really concentrating to me)

But I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if someone got it down to under 2 hours.

In a group, maby... but not solo.

Speaking of which... someone should time a run of all the dailies (weeklies) as a 4 man group... because that's usually just a quick slaughter of enemies.

Funny, looking to discredit already? Tell me how long you spent testing this instead of just looking for holes to try and poke in someone else's things (hard for me to "not be concentrating" when the videos were open in the background so all I got was the noise... I spent the entire time focused ingame doing dailes, avoiding all the trash that wasn't quest related and so on).

By all means someone "disprove" these numbers by doing it yourself and doing every bonus, not just stealth-running through to press the quest button for example.

Didn't count Isotope-5 sales since... that's not part of the Daily for starters and you only get 1 Iso per 35 Basics, and only half the dailies give basics (Makeb does hence why it's desirable to do despite being such a grind). Trying to cap my Basic's before I go on another selling spree.

Math only counts a single character because... that should be obvious reasoning, really. If we count alts then "you can make 22 mil in 2 days!" as well right?

hadoken
07.31.2014 , 08:02 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Haven't found the quote yet despite control-f ing through 54 pages of another topic, I'll try again tommorow.
Shocking.

thewitchdoctor
07.31.2014 , 08:07 AM | #30
Funny, looking to discredit already?
Don't have to try. I don't know what crazy claim YOU think you are disproving; but the rest of us are truly holding our breath in anticipation ...

... of this.

Because the rest of us know full well that no one in their right mind (and with a clock) is going to honestly claim this.

Therefore, the whole point of your post is click bait.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Combat Sentinel
Tanks: Powertech - Vanguard
Healer: Operative - Scoundrel