Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

OddballEasyEight
07.31.2014 , 06:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I'll be running dailies and keeping track of time spent and credits earned. Results tomorrow.
Yeah, time does vary depending on class, companion, gear and concentration (the OP was watching a show at the same time... seems like he wasn't really concentrating to me)

But I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if someone got it down to under 2 hours.

In a group, maby... but not solo.

Speaking of which... someone should time a run of all the dailies (weeklies) as a 4 man group... because that's usually just a quick slaughter of enemies.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Jerba
07.31.2014 , 07:02 AM | #12
The only way I could think of farming credits this fast is with the Makeb chests, but they are usually farmed by so many people it's hard to get all the chests.
With normal dailies, you can get around 200k-300k/hour, which is roughly what the OP got. Though Makeb + GSI is not really worth the time investment, it's better to switch to an alt and start anew than working on those.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Veteran player. Minipet collector @ T3-M4

slafko
07.31.2014 , 07:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Yeah, time does vary depending on class, companion, gear and concentration (the OP was watching a show at the same time... seems like he wasn't really concentrating to me)

But I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if someone got it down to under 2 hours.

In a group, maby... but not solo.

Speaking of which... someone should time a run of all the dailies (weeklies) as a 4 man group... because that's usually just a quick slaughter of enemies.
My plan is to do a solo run of dailies I used to do a few months back. This doesn't include H4 in Section X because I don't like wasting time waiting to group. I'll just post the quests, total credits earned on each planet and time required to complete said quests.

Would be nice if a few people did the same so we'd have a more accurate data to use in our calculations.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

slafko
07.31.2014 , 07:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
With normal dailies, you can get around 200k-300k/hour, which is roughly what the OP got. Though Makeb + GSI is not really worth the time investment, it's better to switch to an alt and start anew than working on those.
QFT

Makeb and GSI are a complete waste of time and basically one long, arduous speeder race.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Vinak
07.31.2014 , 07:11 AM | #15
Each daily area should only take you ~20 minutes to finish.

Anything involving more time isn't worth it. Just run another character through the daily areas if you need the cash.

I've easily made ~3 million credits in a day doing this. I ran the dailies on 3-4 characters. Took me...3 hours I think? Give or take.
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

jedip_enguin
07.31.2014 , 07:20 AM | #16
How can you bust a claim nobody ever made?

Darth_Wicked
07.31.2014 , 07:24 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinak View Post

Anything involving more time isn't worth it. Just run another character through the daily areas if you need the cash.

I've easily made ~3 million credits in a day doing this. I ran the dailies on 3-4 characters. Took me...3 hours I think? Give or take.
If you can do Oricon and Belsavis in twenty minutes, you're my personal hero for sure. Same with Section X, especially Republic side.

Bonus missions included on Oricon BTW.

Uvirith
07.31.2014 , 07:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
Which dailies?

Kantaso
07.31.2014 , 07:25 AM | #19
OK, I must confess, I am the one who said you could make 1 million under 1 hour..... yeah right, I am only, I cannot even keep my face straight typing this....
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Darkheyr
07.31.2014 , 07:25 AM | #20
Well, we have at least someone in this thread claiming it to be possible:

Quote: