Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

Transairion
07.31.2014 , 06:03 AM | #1
So remember how in all the Stronghold/Guild Ships/Legacy Storage topics certain people always claim credits are so easy to make in such a short amount of time? And that you'll be swimming in them in under an hour?

Well I went and tested it and here are my results:

Dailies and Weeklies done:
Belsavis
Ilum
Section X
Black Hole
Czerka
Oricon
Makeb
Makeb Staged Weekly
GSI Makeb
GSI Tatoonie (only need two planets for Weekly)

Total Time Spent doing Dailies: 5 hours 17 minutes

Total credits earned: 1,385, 888

Barely over a million. And in fact the last 400k of those came from the sheer amount of stuff done on Makeb which took a little over 2 hours itself.

So with Makeb out over three hours of work it was only 985,000 credits and that includes the Dailies on planets NOBODY does to boost the numbers up. I did every bonus and every Heroic (only Section X I had to group for as it requires 4 to complete), so no "hurr durr you skipped stuff!" because I didn't.

I also didn't spend any credits on purchases and didn't die to any mobs so no repair bill inflation.

1 mil in under an hour doing Dailies? Not unless Crate-o-Matic's are dropping off every boss.

Yes by the end of the 5 hours of mindless grinding and watching 2 season's of DBZ Abridged in the background to stay sane I wasn't having fun anymore.

thewitchdoctor
07.31.2014 , 06:06 AM | #2
Please quote where it was said you could earn one million credits in an hour.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Combat Sentinel
Tanks: Powertech - Vanguard
Healer: Operative - Scoundrel

hadoken
07.31.2014 , 06:35 AM | #3
Seems that "you can earn a million credits a day doing dailies" is accurate, though.

Reno_Tarshil
07.31.2014 , 06:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
This. Seriously no one said that, only that credits were easy to obtain in this game.

Sorry OP, but no.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

slafko
07.31.2014 , 06:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
I'd like to see the quote too.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

OddballEasyEight
07.31.2014 , 06:45 AM | #6
The only one I have ever heard claim that you can make a million credits in under an hour doing dailies is that guy that was complaining about PvP'ers being left behind when it comes to credits.

And that was pretty much debunked and proved to be hyperbole in that thread long ago.

The only thing I've read anyone claim on the forums is that "money isn't hard to earn in this game" and "you can easily make millions doing dailies".

But never have I heard anyone claim to be able to make a million in under an hour in any of those threads about housing, legacy bank and guild ships.

I guess some people hear what they want to hear. (or read what they want to read as this case might be).

But like others have said, feel free to quote who made those claims in those threads.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

DarthDymond
07.31.2014 , 06:45 AM | #7
Tempted to bookmark this thread as an example of a legitimate Straw Man Argument, since that term gets misused fairly often around here (and on the internet in general).

Props for having DBZ Abridged on in the background though, that series is hilarious. The guys who do it have a video series of playing SWTOR - D*cks of the Old Republic, that starts off slow but isn't half bad once it gets going.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Reno_Tarshil
07.31.2014 , 06:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Tempted to bookmark this thread as an example of a legitimate Straw Man Argument, since that term gets misused fairly often around here (and on the internet in general).

Props for having DBZ Abridged on in the background though, that series is hilarious. The guys who do it have a video series of playing SWTOR - D*cks of the Old Republic, that starts off slow but isn't half bad once it gets going.
Do it, this is prime example of that.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

OddballEasyEight
07.31.2014 , 06:49 AM | #9
I'm actually subscribing to this thread.
I don't want to miss when the OP quotes the person claiming to be able to make a million in less than an hour.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

slafko
07.31.2014 , 06:49 AM | #10
I'll be running dailies and keeping track of time spent and credits earned. Results tomorrow.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!