Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want a Manaan Stronghold.

Deathen_Shada
08.17.2014 , 04:52 PM | #21
Agreed, Dev's if you ever decide to make another stronghold Manaan is the one you should do!
""And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing." Now I know how you felt, my friend."

Zyrious
08.17.2014 , 05:04 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
Spoiler

End of offtopic.

Alderaan still blows up in Legends continuity, so ZionHalcyon had a point
You obviously need to go re-read the press-release and interviews with Lucasfilm staff. The EU is not non-canon until new canon on the subject is made. Only post-RotJ is officially non-canon. Like it or not those are the facts. They stated again and again the EU is not "Non canon", but it isnt Official canon and can be overwritten and contradicted. This is not disimilar to the old Lucasfilm lore-rules, Except that all future books, games, et cetera are official canon on the same level as the movies. That would include any future books or stories on the TOR period.

But i digress.
Squadron 238 Referral
The Tyrel Legacy [The Harbinger]
Zyrious 50 JUG,Rojinn 9 BH,Kienn 50 SNP, Iravik 50 SIN, Sedryn 50 VG, Zyrioun 50 GRD, Ethris 11 GS, Tavrec 11 JS

Apophis_
08.17.2014 , 05:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyrious View Post
You obviously need to go re-read the press-release and interviews with Lucasfilm staff.
No, you have to go re-read the press release.

There is no difference between post- and pre-RotJ. Only movies and The Clone Wars are Canon, plus upcoming novels, comics and Rebels. Expanded Universe is just something they can use, but it's nothing more than source of inspiration.
Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Balance Sage) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild on ToFN server.
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, Loremaster, Galactic Hero, S-1 All-Star

Zyrious
08.17.2014 , 05:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
No, you have to go re-read the press release.

There is no difference between post- and pre-RotJ. Only movies and The Clone Wars are Canon, plus upcoming novels, comics and Rebels. Expanded Universe is just something they can use, but it's nothing more than source of inspiration.
Again go look up all the info on "Legends" canon, until new canon is produced it is still considered semi-canon. I dont know what you people have against that but i know some people have been wanting EU to be completely demolished. There's a reason they spent 3 press releases saying "It's not non-canon. It's stories of what happened. They may be inaccurate, but it's what people believe happened". Infact i think that quote is on starwars.com
Squadron 238 Referral
Zyrious 50 JUG,Rojinn 9 BH,Kienn 50 SNP, Iravik 50 SIN, Sedryn 50 VG, Zyrioun 50 GRD, Ethris 11 GS, Tavrec 11 JS

Apophis_
08.17.2014 , 05:20 PM | #25
Again go look up all the info on "Legends" canon, until new canon is produced it is still considered semi-canon. I dont know what you people have against that but i know some people have been wanting EU to be completely demolished. There's a reason they spent 3 press releases saying "It's not non-canon. It's stories of what happened. They may be inaccurate, but it's what people believe happened". Infact i think that quote is on starwars.com
I have read EVERY SINGLE EU BOOK, and I would never want EU to be demolished, I just follow everything that is Star Wars related, especially if it is EU-related, and I understand that there is only one Canon now and SWTOR is not part of it. We are talking about CANON, things that are importand for the future Star Wars stories, not about Legends, things that might have happened, but-who-knows-what-the-next-book/movie-will-change.

Sorry, but I won't continue this disscusion here, because it is not only unrelated to Manaan (Manaan is non-canon, but Selkath species appeared in The Clone Wars), but also boring and annoying.
Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Balance Sage) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild on ToFN server.
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, Loremaster, Galactic Hero, S-1 All-Star

Zyrious
08.17.2014 , 05:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
I have read EVERY SINGLE EU BOOK, and I would never want EU to be demolished, I just follow everything that is Star Wars related, especially if it is EU-related, and I understand that there is only one Canon now and SWTOR is not part of it. We are talking about CANON, things that are importand for the future Star Wars stories, not about Legends, things that might have happened, but-who-knows-what-the-next-book/movie-will-change.

Sorry, but I won't continue this disscusion here, because it is not only unrelated to Manaan (Manaan is non-canon, but Selkath species appeared in The Clone Wars), but also boring and annoying.
That's like saying the EU is non canon under the George Lucas Tier system, which was the same damn thing. EU could be over-written over-ruled at a moments notice. If anything, EU was given less regard by lucasfilm back then, only Leland Chee and his group had any respect for it's consistency and importance. That holds true with Legends. Legends is still part of SW Lore, it just isn't of the highest order and can be abolished/rewritten, AS ALWAYS.

The difference, is that if a single TOR novel,book game, or story expansion comes out now, it can grandfather the whole thing into Official canon on the same level as the movies. That was never possible before. However. you are right this is off topic and i apologize to the OP.
Squadron 238 Referral

ZionHalcyon
08.17.2014 , 07:02 PM | #27
That's actually not true. The "Legends" canon is still part of the canon, but as a semi-canon. It's stated as "Stories of what happened". They said these may be accurate or innaccurate stories but it can be presumed accurate until new canon is made on the subject. The only EU completely nullified is the Post-RotJ stuff.

So not too different from the pre-disney tiers but now it's official. Except post RotJ-EU is completely dead. And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it? Plus i've heard JJ considered taking elements from the thrawn trilogy for the new movies so we'll see what happens there.
Wow, are YOU in denial!

There is no "semi-canon".

There is what is canon and what is not. What is canon is the movies and the Clone Wars cartoon, and anything SW going forward starting with Rebels.

What is NOT canon is anything else that came before. Leland Chee made that PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR.

The "Legends" is a designation for things that are not canon, but they said ideas and concepts from the EU can be drawed upon to be brought into the canon, but not in their existing form or name.

At best, anything NOT the Clone Wars or Movies that predates the new rebels cartoon can inspire future canon, but is itself NOT canon.

Again, stop being in denial, they were crystal clear - it was a giant reset button, blessed by Kathleen Kennedy herself, straight from Leland Chee, the man she put in charge of the continuity.

Altyrell
08.18.2014 , 01:36 AM | #28
Technically, Leland was put there by Lucas. She allowed him to keep his job and continue doing what he does best. Leland was a Lucas appointee, not a Kennedy appointee.

iankalo
08.18.2014 , 02:01 AM | #29
I want a Sarlacc Pit Stronghold. Let us decorate its stomach while we slowly dissolving.
REFERRAL CODE-> http://www.swtor.com/r/rGl9NH
7-day free subscription + Jumpstart / Preferred Friends Bundle.
One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account.

Altyrell
08.18.2014 , 07:14 AM | #30
Also, last I heard, Manaan was only a Flash Point World