Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want a Manaan Stronghold.

Gwena
07.30.2014 , 04:05 PM | #11
Stonghold on Manaan? Sign me up!

I've never played KOTOR so I have no sentimental attachment to the planet, but I've always loved the water and housing in such a setting could be amazing. Definitely my #1 choice for an additional stronghold location.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Rafaman
07.30.2014 , 04:10 PM | #12
Stronghold in Manaan. Yup that would be fine, but it would have to underwater and I want a submarine to go along with it.

Mireleni
07.30.2014 , 04:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
For a planet of all water, I could seriously live there after seeing the lobby for the new FP on tc.

Could be damn fun too. Imagine steps going into the depths instead of up, giving an aquarium feel and as fish pass by and the occasional curious Selkath peeks in a window at your pad, with the Manaan theme playing in the background.

That sort of serene spot in a crazy galaxy at war is incredibly appealing to me.
I agree 100%. This was my exact thought as soon as I got to Manaan. Oceanfront patio all around, lots of windows for the above-water living space so you can admire the sun sparking on the ocean, bedrooms in the lower level with windows showing the marine life with rays of light filtering down from above. Ambitious, sure, but it would be so amazing, it would blow all the other strongholds right out of the water, so to speak.
Visit my award-winning Resort on Tatooine! Part 1/Part 2
Check out my Jedi Strongholds on Yavin 4 and Coruscant.
...And consider using my referral link for free goodies, if you like.

Capella
08.17.2014 , 09:15 AM | #14
I would also love to see one of these. Sadly, the Selkath seem really xenophobic and disinclined to let us settle.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

venomlash
08.17.2014 , 09:17 AM | #15
I'd love a Manaan stronghold. A landing pad at the surface, unlocking rooms that spiral deeper and deeper into the glassy depths...

annabethchase
08.17.2014 , 10:14 AM | #16
An underwater stronghold would be great, but it doesn't technically have to be on a planet we already have in game since it's an instance anyway. Mon Calamari would be my choice.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Apophis_
08.17.2014 , 01:46 PM | #17
Yes! Manaan is the first place they should add in the future. It's a potential for different and fresh looking Stronghold. I'm buying Tatooine on Tuesday, but if they will add Manaan, I will move there with all my characters.
Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Balance Sage) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild on ToFN server.
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, Loremaster, Galactic Hero, S-1 All-Star

Zyrious
08.17.2014 , 01:50 PM | #18
Then again, since we're not a part of continuity any more, BioWare could go nuts.
That's actually not true. The "Legends" canon is still part of the canon, but as a semi-canon. It's stated as "Stories of what happened". They said these may be accurate or innaccurate stories but it can be presumed accurate until new canon is made on the subject. The only EU completely nullified is the Post-RotJ stuff.

So not too different from the pre-disney tiers but now it's official. Except post RotJ-EU is completely dead. And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it? Plus i've heard JJ considered taking elements from the thrawn trilogy for the new movies so we'll see what happens there.
Squadron 238 Referral
The Tyrel Legacy [The Harbinger]
Zyrious 50 JUG,Rojinn 9 BH,Kienn 50 SNP, Iravik 50 SIN, Sedryn 50 VG, Zyrioun 50 GRD, Ethris 11 GS, Tavrec 11 JS

Nickious
08.17.2014 , 01:54 PM | #19
Blow up Nar Shadda for the lulz
Heck blow them all up. Asteroid apartments. Just look at that beautiful view of the void of space. Just don't forget to wear your oxygen mask.

PavSalco
08.17.2014 , 02:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyrious View Post
That's actually not true. The "Legends" canon is still part of the canon, but as a semi-canon. It's stated as "Stories of what happened". They said these may be accurate or innaccurate stories but it can be presumed accurate until new canon is made on the subject. The only EU completely nullified is the Post-RotJ stuff.

So not too different from the pre-disney tiers but now it's official. Except post RotJ-EU is completely dead. And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it? Plus i've heard JJ considered taking elements from the thrawn trilogy for the new movies so we'll see what happens there.
Spoiler

End of offtopic.

Alderaan still blows up in Legends continuity, so ZionHalcyon had a point
Not a subscriber, just a referral
$15 for a monthly 1 hour single player ain't worth it