Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can someone Explain the Kaggath (forum version) To me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can someone Explain the Kaggath (forum version) To me?

Nalathemaster
07.28.2014 , 06:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
^Pretty much this. We've got a while to go. However, if you want you can participate in the current tournament as a debater.
Well that stinks, So I'll have to wait, what, 3 months?

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 06:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
Well that stinks, So I'll have to wait, what, 3 months?
Most likely.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Nalathemaster
07.28.2014 , 06:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Most likely.
That stinks :/ I'll help debate though (if i can)

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 07:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
That stinks :/ I'll help debate though (if i can)
All opinions are welcome. The current debate is the space battle, so focus on that.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 11:56 AM | #15
I am most impressed by your explanation, I have nothing to add.

Well one thing, I don't know if you know Silenceo but the Kaggath existed in another form before the War of the Dream Teams. It basically wasn't player made, so w'ed pit characters and their "factions" against each other. Like Revan's Sith Empire vs Darth Traya's Sith Empire and so on...

Silenceo
07.29.2014 , 01:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I am most impressed by your explanation, I have nothing to add.

Well one thing, I don't know if you know Silenceo but the Kaggath existed in another form before the War of the Dream Teams. It basically wasn't player made, so w'ed pit characters and their "factions" against each other. Like Revan's Sith Empire vs Darth Traya's Sith Empire and so on...
Hmm, I do not remember that part of Kaggath history... It must be false!!!

It is interesting though, but I am guessing the limited number of factions is what leads to the Dream Teams, and then, the Kaggaths?
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
07.29.2014 , 01:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post

It is interesting though, but I am guessing the limited number of factions is what leads to the Dream Teams, and then, the Kaggaths?
Dream Teams was created by someone else, but the thread died before we could get started, so Beni adapted it for the Kaggath series.

Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 01:49 PM | #18

Ha! How did you think Warren and Aurbere got their thrones?

Nah Dream Teams just came out of the blue, it was made by some random guy but he didn't put enough effort into it and despite our attempts to salvage it it fell apart. The Kaggath had been going for a while now and the tournament has just ended, so I decided to make a Dream Teams variant.

Silenceo
07.29.2014 , 01:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Nah Dream Teams just came out of the blue, it was made by some random guy but he didn't put enough effort into it and despite our attempts to salvage it it fell apart. The Kaggath had been going for a while now and the tournament has just ended, so I decided to make a Dream Teams variant.
Interesting... Beni, did you decide by yourself to reinvent it into the wonderful thing it is today, or were you elected like Palpatine, who then seized power for eternity?

Though I am unsure what it is, I almost feel like something could be added to the Kaggath series for the next tournament, but I can't put my finger on what... All I know is it had something to do with multiple players...

Though, i am not quite sure if I should classify the Survival Game as a hit, or too early to call... Any thoughts? People are not being too forthcoming in their feedback. I know, you have already given feedback, but I needz more!

Side Note: Ooooh, do tell the story about Strider's and Aurberes Thrones. They have been talked about much, but explained very little.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 02:23 PM | #20
Interesting... Beni, did you decide by yourself to reinvent it into the wonderful thing it is today, or were you elected like Palpatine, who then seized power for eternity?

Though I am unsure what it is, I almost feel like something could be added to the Kaggath series for the next tournament, but I can't put my finger on what... All I know is it had something to do with multiple players...

Though, i am not quite sure if I should classify the Survival Game as a hit, or too early to call... Any thoughts? People are not being too forthcoming in their feedback. I know, you have already given feedback, but I needz more!

Side Note: Ooooh, do tell the story about Strider's and Aurberes Thrones. They have been talked about much, but explained very little.
No it just came to me (in a dream!) and we rolled with it.

Well let me give you a brief history, it started off as a standard series of threads. I think the first one was Grievous vs Malgus? Back then they would only last for a couple of dozen pages, so we burned through that pretty quick.

Anyway then I decided to do a tournament version, using the same characters but with different matchups and of course a process of elimination, and it ended with the famed Traya vs G0-T0 match in which Traya won.

And basically after that alone with announcing the Grand Champion I gave Aurbere and Warren the honorary titles of King and Queen of the Kaggath for the most and bestest participation.

I think this new Survival game has great potential too.