Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can someone Explain the Kaggath (forum version) To me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can someone Explain the Kaggath (forum version) To me?

Nalathemaster
07.28.2014 , 05:27 PM | #1
I've been trying to get into the kaggath, Read the rulebook, but I still don't understand It, Can someone explain it to me?

Silenceo
07.28.2014 , 05:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
I've been trying to get into the kaggath, Read the rulebook, but I still don't understand It, Can someone explain it to me?
I will work on an expanded explanation, but the short version:

Select 4 characters to lead a Faction. That done, select units they have previously had access to as well as ships. From there, you choose planets to defend aka your bases. Then, you are matched with another Faction. The goal is to be the last one with your Head of State (Leader) Alive.

It can be through all out war, assassination, or even a duel.

As long as it happens, you win.

To do so you have to debate reasons of why certain things will happen, and how you will counter your opponent. Even more simplified, is its origins, Battle of the Dream Teams.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Nalathemaster
07.28.2014 , 05:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
I will work on an expanded explanation, but the short version:

Select 4 characters to lead a Faction. That done, select units they have previously had access to as well as ships. From there, you choose planets to defend aka your bases. Then, you are matched with another Faction. The goal is to be the last one with your Head of State (Leader) Alive.

It can be through all out war, assassination, or even a duel.

As long as it happens, you win.

To do so you have to debate reasons of why certain things will happen, and how you will counter your opponent. Even more simplified, is its origins, Battle of the Dream Teams.
So what is the arbiter? So, If ALL my faction is dead except for my leader, I'm still in the kaggath?

Silenceo
07.28.2014 , 05:51 PM | #4
So what is the arbiter? So, If ALL my faction is dead except for my leader, I'm still in the kaggath?
Yes, though chances of success are slim.

The Arbiter tallies the arguments and judges their merit, by the end using the tally he decides the winner and writes a scenario to visualize the outcome.

Keep questions going, they must be answered!
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 05:54 PM | #5
OK, since Beni is probably out, I'll explain.

Basically, you create your own faction of various soldier units, vehicles, starships and cruisers, and characters. Then it gets put against the faction of another person. Let's take the current Kaggath for example and look at the two factions:

Leadership

Head of State: Jedi Master Revan
Second-in-Command: Jedi Master Surik
Allies: Jace Malcolm & General Antilles
Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies [Raxus Prime]
Organisation: Hutt Cartel [Makeb]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Republic SpecForce/Great War [500]
Minor Ground Force: Alliance Infiltrators [40]
Minor Ground Force: Revanchists [50]

Light Vehicle: TX-130 Saber-class tank [22]
2nd Light Vehicle: T-47 airspeeder [22]
Heavy Vehicle: MPTL-2a [4]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: X-Wing starfighter
Bomber Class: B-Wing starfighter
Elite Class: BT-Y Thunderclap

Light Capital Ship: Hammerhead-class cruiser [15]
2nd Light Capital Ship: Endurance-class fleet carrier [6]
Heavy Capital Ship: Interdictor-class cruiser [20]
Flagship: Alliance [Imperious-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: Galactic Republic [Great War]

vs

The Wroshyr Alliance
Base of Operations: Toborro’s Palace

Leadership

Head of State: Grand Master Sebatyne
Second-in-Command: General Dodonna
Allies: Corran Horn and Chewbacca
Supplier: SoroSuub Corporation [Sullust]
Supplier: Hapan Intelligence [Hapes]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Wookiee Warriors [1000]
Minor Ground Force: Antarian Rangers [640]
Minor Ground Force: Jedi Knights/NJO [50]

Light Vehicle: Wookiee ornithopter [22]
2nd Light Vehicle: AAC-2 hovertank [22]
Heavy Vehicle: AHS-1 heavy assault airspeeder [9]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: E-Wing
Bomber Class: K-wing assault fighter
Elite Class: X4 Gunship

Light Capital Ship: Hapan Battle Dragon [7]
2nd Capital Ship: MC40a light cruiser [10]
Heavy Capital Ship: Majestic-class heavy cruiser [22]
Flagship: Obi-Wan [Nebula-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: New Republic

Basically you want your leadership to be able to work together so that your faction doesn't fall apart when one person decides to defect.

In this current iteration, the two sides are first pitted in a space battle, where we debate which ships are more effective, how effective the tactics employed will be, and so on, until the Arbiter (judge) decides who won. Then it moves to the ground battle, which is basically the same deal- how effective units are, how effective tactics are, and so on. The ground portion usually includes a leadership battle, in which the leaders of the two factions are pitted against each other. Whoever's Head-of-State survives wins the game.

It's basically a versus debate on a massive scale.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Nalathemaster
07.28.2014 , 05:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
OK, since Beni is probably out, I'll explain.

Basically, you create your own faction of various soldier units, vehicles, starships and cruisers, and characters. Then it gets put against the faction of another person. Let's take the current Kaggath for example and look at the two factions:

Leadership

Head of State: Jedi Master Revan
Second-in-Command: Jedi Master Surik
Allies: Jace Malcolm & General Antilles
Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies [Raxus Prime]
Organisation: Hutt Cartel [Makeb]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Republic SpecForce/Great War [500]
Minor Ground Force: Alliance Infiltrators [40]
Minor Ground Force: Revanchists [50]

Light Vehicle: TX-130 Saber-class tank [22]
2nd Light Vehicle: T-47 airspeeder [22]
Heavy Vehicle: MPTL-2a [4]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: X-Wing starfighter
Bomber Class: B-Wing starfighter
Elite Class: BT-Y Thunderclap

Light Capital Ship: Hammerhead-class cruiser [15]
2nd Light Capital Ship: Endurance-class fleet carrier [6]
Heavy Capital Ship: Interdictor-class cruiser [20]
Flagship: Alliance [Imperious-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: Galactic Republic [Great War]

vs

The Wroshyr Alliance
Base of Operations: Toborro’s Palace

Leadership

Head of State: Grand Master Sebatyne
Second-in-Command: General Dodonna
Allies: Corran Horn and Chewbacca
Supplier: SoroSuub Corporation [Sullust]
Supplier: Hapan Intelligence [Hapes]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Wookiee Warriors [1000]
Minor Ground Force: Antarian Rangers [640]
Minor Ground Force: Jedi Knights/NJO [50]

Light Vehicle: Wookiee ornithopter [22]
2nd Light Vehicle: AAC-2 hovertank [22]
Heavy Vehicle: AHS-1 heavy assault airspeeder [9]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: E-Wing
Bomber Class: K-wing assault fighter
Elite Class: X4 Gunship

Light Capital Ship: Hapan Battle Dragon [7]
2nd Capital Ship: MC40a light cruiser [10]
Heavy Capital Ship: Majestic-class heavy cruiser [22]
Flagship: Obi-Wan [Nebula-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: New Republic

Basically you want your leadership to be able to work together so that your faction doesn't fall apart when one person decides to defect.

In this current iteration, the two sides are first pitted in a space battle, where we debate which ships are more effective, how effective the tactics employed will be, and so on, until the Arbiter (judge) decides who won. Then it moves to the ground battle, which is basically the same deal- how effective units are, how effective tactics are, and so on. The ground portion usually includes a leadership battle, in which the leaders of the two factions are pitted against each other. Whoever's Head-of-State survives wins the game.

It's basically a versus debate on a massive scale.
Interesting...When are kaggaths held? (as in, when can i submit a faction? Just got a really awesome idea)

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 06:00 PM | #7
Interesting...When are kaggaths held? (as in, when can i submit a faction? Just got a really awesome idea)
Well, faction making is closed at this point, so you'll have to wait until the current tournament is finished.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Nalathemaster
07.28.2014 , 06:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Well, faction making is closed at this point, so you'll have to wait until the current tournament is finished.
And when will that be ?(lol)

Silenceo
07.28.2014 , 06:08 PM | #9
And when will that be ?(lol)
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Time. This last match took around a week or two, maybe three? And there are about 5 matches (correct me if I am wrong) in round 1. Then there is round 2 and ect.

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 06:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Time. This last match took around a week or two, maybe three? And there are about 5 matches (correct me if I am wrong) in round 1. Then there is round 2 and ect.
^Pretty much this. We've got a while to go. However, if you want you can participate in the current tournament as a debater.