Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

Selenial
07.28.2014 , 01:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Actually, the more I look at it, the more I consider that Wedge might defect... I mean yeah, the RR has rebel troops, but so does the WA, not to mention that he has history with practically every WA leader. Corran Horn especially.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Wedge defected, and brought the rebel troops with him. The RR is trying to resurrect what had eventually turned into the Galactic Empire, and the WA fits a lot better ideal wise with what he is used to.

It is also good to note that Wedge might not feel comfortable serving under someone who was once a Sith Lord, redeemed or not. He once fought a rebellion to free the galaxy of Sith rule, and he just might buy that Revan is fully redeemed. This might turn the war a bit, due to the repercussions.

However, I will also note that even if he did defect, the RR flagship would still pose quite an issue. (though, I thought the Universal Tech Rule would make it more or less what a Mk II is to a MK I when comparing to ships that compared to MK II's. Aka, the next step up, approximately 20% stronger.)
I covered this in my leadership analysis, due to Meetra's ability to form force bonds with literally anyone, the likelihood of someone she's served with for a while defecting is next to none. If anyone defects it will be the WA.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 01:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I covered this in my leadership analysis, due to Meetra's ability to form force bonds with literally anyone, the likelihood of someone she's served with for a while defecting is next to none. If anyone defects it will be the WA.
I'm not sure about any WA member defecting. At least, I don't see a big reason for them to.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
07.28.2014 , 01:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm not sure about any WA member defecting. At least, I don't see a big reason for them to.
Neither do I, which is why Tune's posts confused me a little...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Selenial
07.28.2014 , 01:58 PM | #24
Oh.

Ohhhhhh XD

I forgot....

I get the Republic Stealth Ships with Sienar, as they were blockade runners and Transports that could, if you wanted to, be used for Combat.

Now, One quick strike from them on the Drive System (which is a tactic I'd assume Wedge is familiar with) And the entirety of the Hapan Battle Dragon Portion of the fleet is history.

This could either be done right before the fleet engage, whilst the shields are down, or during the battle, when the shields will be directed towards the front, and the brunt of the fire.

Beniboybling
07.28.2014 , 01:59 PM | #25
Apologies in advance folks but it seems I've made another error here, I realise that the Hapan Battle Dragon should really be classed as a heavy cruiser instead of its current classification of a light cruiser, as while it is the size of a light cruiser its firepower far surpasses that of any comparable model. If anyone objects to this speak now.

P.S. So that will make for a total of 7 Hapans, also because their was a bit of an impromptu alteration to Tune's naval figures, the MC40a will be changed back to the standard figure of 10.

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 02:00 PM | #26
Neither do I, which is why Tune's posts confused me a little...
I think he may have overestimated Wedge's influence.

I gotta congratulate you, though, your use of Meetra's Force Bonds was brilliant.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
07.28.2014 , 02:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I gotta congratulate you, though, your use of Meetra's Force Bonds was brilliant.

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 02:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Apologies in advance folks but it seems I've made another error here, I realise that the Hapan Battle Dragon should really be classed as a heavy cruiser instead of its current classification of a light cruiser, as while it is the size of a light cruiser its firepower far surpasses that of any comparable model. If anyone objects to this speak now.

P.S. So that will make for a total of 7 Hapans, also because their was a bit of an impromptu alteration to Tune's naval figures, the MC40a will be changed back to the standard figure of 10.
So long as you don't nerf my faction, make any change you want.

StarSquirrel
07.28.2014 , 02:05 PM | #29
You uhh... You need to check your sources Star, stop using Wookieepedia... It sucks.

"Nearly too large for frigate classification, the 315 meter long Hammerhead-Class cruiser is more than a match for Capital Ships of it's time. [...] Success comes at a cost however, [Goes on to talk about the Data stuff I already mentioned]"

And 7 turbolasers? Again, I'd suggest No Wookieepedia if that's where you're getting it from. 4 Light Laser batteries, 2 Medium batteries, and 2 point defense... then a tractor beam.

So yeh, if we're using the breakdown on the Gladiator Vessel that Wookieepedia uses from the sourcebook, that's 20 individual light turbolasers, 10 Medium Turbolasers, 10 Point Defense Laser Canons, and 2 Tractor Beams... Which is actually a slight rework to the armament of the Gladiator Vessel itself, replacing Concussion Missiles with more turbolasers.

As for the shielding, that's because of the actual Strength of the Shielding that the Galaxy had at that point every ship could get torn apart by missiles. Using the Universal Tech rule, this flaw is greatly evened out.
And those stats (assuming those are actually usable) means the Hammerhead is still vastly outgunned, but it doesn't detract as horribly from your faction's fleet.

As for shielding/Tech rule I have to disagree vehemently. Missiles were just as prevalent if not MORE prevalent in the OR era. A weakness against missiles is a design flaw not a tech imbalance. The Concussion Missiles of the NJO era were equal to missiles of the OR era, so proton torpedoes are still better than OR missiles and we know that the Hammerhead had issues defending against missiles.

Sorry, but that argument is an excuse for a design flaw. I refuse to accept that.

Remember I'm not being biased here, I have no stake in this at all so I'm calling as I see it.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

StarSquirrel
07.28.2014 , 02:07 PM | #30
No, unless she directly takes over his mind his friendships will overpower her hastily established bond. If she attacks his friends it'll backfire on her severely and he'll break that bond easily.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard