Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

Beniboybling
07.28.2014 , 11:29 AM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 3: The Republic Reborn vs The Wroshyr Alliance

Welcome to the third round of Kaggath Battlegrounds! Where instead of the entire galaxy, combatants will compete in planetary arena, where every soldier, stronghold and ship counts.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. But the Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules:

• The arena: Makeb – see the faction rundowns for BOEs.
  • #1 The Kaggath is won or lost when the leader of either faction is killed.
  • #2 No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • #3 No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • #4 No surrender, fight to the death!
  • #5 Apathy is death. Factions are not allowed to hide or wait. They must act.
  • #6 Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • #7 Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their faction’s decisions, this is instead determined by the nature of their leadership.

Read the full rulebook here.

So, the combatants: two rival factions, both hoping to restore order to the galaxy, but opposed in ideals, clash on Makeb for control over the ultimate resource – Isotope 5. Selenial’s Republic Reborn hopes to reforge the Republic as a strong and powerful force of justice and has formed an elite force of soldiers to do so, yet Tunewalker’s Wroshyr Alliance hopes to restore the Republic to what it once was and has made an alliance with the noble Wookiee race to see this come to pass.

Behold the factions!

The Republic Reborn
Base of Operations: Stronghold One

Leadership

Head of State: Jedi Master Revan
Second-in-Command: Jedi Master Surik
Allies: Jace Malcolm & General Antilles
Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies [Raxus Prime]
Organisation: Hutt Cartel [Makeb]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Republic SpecForce/Great War [500]
Minor Ground Force: Alliance Infiltrators [40]
Minor Ground Force: Revanchists [50]

Light Vehicle: TX-130 Saber-class tank [22]
2nd Light Vehicle: T-47 airspeeder [22]
Heavy Vehicle: MPTL-2a [4]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: X-Wing starfighter
Bomber Class: B-Wing starfighter
Elite Class: BT-Y Thunderclap

Light Capital Ship: Hammerhead-class cruiser [13]
2nd Light Capital Ship: Endurance-class fleet carrier [5]
Heavy Capital Ship: Interdictor-class cruiser [18]
Flagship: Viscount-class star defender [Battlecruiser prototype]

Naval Officers: Galactic Republic [Great War]

vs

The Wroshyr Alliance
Base of Operations: Toborro’s Palace

Leadership

Head of State: Grand Master Sebatyne
Second-in-Command: General Dodonna
Allies: Corran Horn and Chewbacca
Supplier: SoroSuub Corporation [Sullust]
Supplier: Hapan Intelligence [Hapes]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Wookiee Warriors [1000]
Minor Ground Force: Antarian Rangers [640]
Minor Ground Force: Jedi Knights/NJO [50]

Light Vehicle: Wookiee ornithopter [22]
2nd Light Vehicle: AAC-2 hovertank [22]
Heavy Vehicle: AHS-1 heavy assault airspeeder [9]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: E-Wing
Bomber Class: K-wing assault fighter
Elite Class: X4 Gunship

Light Capital Ship: Hapan Battle Dragon [7]
2nd Capital Ship: MC40a light cruiser [10]
Heavy Capital Ship: Majestic-class heavy cruiser [22]
Flagship: Obi-Wan [Nebula-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: New Republic

An agreement has been made, and the battleground has been set. Only one will leave this world victorious. Who will claim the planet’s resources and for their future goals? The strength of the Republic Reborn, or the ideals of the Wroshyr Alliance? Its special forces against guerrilla warriors. Who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Beniboybling
07.28.2014 , 11:30 AM | #2
I'm pretty excited for this battle, because the enviroment poses so many possibilities and it won't be just about defeating your opponent, but about controlling key areas. So bear that in mind.

Anyway the arbiter for this Kaggath will be LadyKulvax.

And a few notes:

• The X-Wing model in question is the T-65XJ variant.

• The Interdictors are pre-Rakatan upgrade, if they ever had any.

• The analog for the Interdictor will be the Harrower, making its armament the following:

25 quad-turbolaser cannons and 30 point defense cannons.

• The batteries of the Viscount are as follows: 350 heavy turbolaser batteries, 350 turbolaser batteries, 35 concussion missiles, 50 ion cannons, 90 point-defence cannons and 7 tractor beam projectors.

Silenceo
07.28.2014 , 11:35 AM | #3
They both want to re-create the Republic? Not so sure... Both sides have merit. I will need time to contemplate before choosing a side... Both of these great fellows helped me pre-Kaggath so it is not an easy decision...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Beniboybling
07.28.2014 , 11:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
They both want to re-create the Republic? Not so sure... Both sides have merit. I will need time to contemplate before choosing a side... Both of these great fellows helped me pre-Kaggath so it is not an easy decision...
Some advice: don't make a decision based on the faction makers, but based on the faction.

Silenceo
07.28.2014 , 11:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Some advice: don't make a decision based on the faction makers, but based on the faction.
Oh that is only on the table because of how closely I think the factions will be. If it was imbalanced it wouldn't factor in at all. Though some of these fleet numbers seem a little odd...what was the multiplier for light capital ships for light cruisers again? Also shouldn't Tune's Heavy Capital ship be 20 and not 22?
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

LadyKulvax
07.28.2014 , 11:40 AM | #6
Very well balanced, this should be interesting.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Silenceo
07.28.2014 , 11:43 AM | #7
Forget about my previous question, I had forgotten about the Flagship multiplier.

Beniboybling
07.28.2014 , 11:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Forget about my previous question, I had forgotten about the Flagship multiplier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Ee02WLxGk

Also, small mistake on my part. Tune's MAAT Gunship should actually be an X4 Gunship.

Aurbere
07.28.2014 , 11:51 AM | #9
This is actually a fairly balanced match-up. I'm not sure who would win.

To Tune: I wouldn't give up so easily. This is a really good faction you've got here.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

StarSquirrel
07.28.2014 , 12:59 PM | #10
My initial findings in terms of firepower and fighter complements points to an advantage to the WA.

fighter numbers
  • RR- 1992
  • WA- 1908

Now despite the slight number disadvantage, I give this one to the WA slightly due to the quality and makeup of their ships.

The E-wing was faster and more maneuverable than the XJ, and since they're contemporaries and the E-wing has the advantage of being newer and better I give an edge to the E-wing.

The B-wing is old and was designed to fill the heavy firepower gap left in the Rebellion fighter force caused by the use of the heavily outdated Y-wing. The K-wing was the successor to the B-wing, and it was even more heavily armed and armored iirc. It is really a case of the replacement being better than the original.

The Thunderclap I think might be the best RR choice here. It could probably pose a good challenge for the WA's gunboat, but it suffers from a lack of major firepower that can allow it to take down ships. Game mechanics aside, it seems to be designed to do better against smaller corvettes and heavy fighters. The WA's gunboat is also relatively unknown to me, but it seems like it'd do very well against the heavier and slower fighters of the RR. It seems like a nice picket ship, and will fulfill its role well while taking any punishment that gets thrown at it. The Thunderclap is a better ship, but the WA's choice fits the role the WA needs it to better.

Now, for the ships.

The RR sacrificed too much firepower and got too little of a reward in fighter numbers for its trouble imo. The WA's Hapan Battle Dragons and Majestic-class ships will wreck the Interdictors and the Hammerheads won't stand a chance in a direct fight. Each of the WA's capital ships outguns its analog on the other side and outnumbers them (except the Battle Dragon which still easily outguns its rival) as well. I give a bigger edge to the WA here for having ships with bigger guns.

Now the RR has an ace card . The Alliance is a major threat to every WA ship. It is essentially a compact SSD, and has the firepower and shields of the Mon Cal to boot. Like the last match, if the big ship stays with the fleet, it'll be very hard for the WA to engage. However, the Obi-wan is a neat ship. If the WA can fight in smaller engagements in space, they will win anytime the Obi-wan is present. Bringing a Impstar's firepower to bear while flying around in a ship almost half its size is a massive boost to any fight.

Also, the shields of WA ships are far superior imo to those of the RR's excluding the Alliance. Mon Cal shields FTW.

This all ignores tactics and is more an analysis of the ship's capabilities.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard