Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Average Item Level Requirements for Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Average Item Level Requirements for Flashpoints

wadecounty
08.03.2014 , 03:42 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
First of all, let me say that I don't disagree with you. Players should learn their class while leveling.

Unfortunately, the leveling experience it far too easy if you have a companion out.

Bring out a dps companion? Things die super quick and you don't have to use very many abilities.
Bring out a tank companion? Take little damage, hop on your speeder to "regen" comp hp in 0 secs.
Bring out a heal compaion? Sleepwalk through leveling no problem.
Do all this while 3-5 levels over content? You can auto-attack your way to success.

How is anyone supposed to learn their class, their rotation, their defensive CDs, if they never have to use them?
This, but also, we're getting off topic from the OP's point now. The original request was a hard restriction on gear for entering hm flashpoints, which I still think is overblowing the issue as I rarely see people with less than 148 gear.

See, I sympathize with both crowds, both the OP and those who suggest people have to learn somewhere. The problem with people not understanding proper group behavior is exacerbated by a lack of patience from the experienced folks anyhow. I can tell you with the attitudes of some groups I've run with, if I didn't know what I was doing, I wouldn't care to learn from them anyways.

That's a common problem in MMO's though. I will say, I feel sorry for those who didn't get to level at launch... this was probably one of the nicest and friendliest communities I've ever experienced, with a LOT of people new to MMO's and coming over cause of being fans of KOTOR or Star Wars, therefore having helpful friendly attitudes in groups. Now many of that group have become jaded themselves, and it really takes a lot of the joy out of it, although every once in a while you get a fresh group that are friendly and helpful still.
Kandel - Juggernaut Kaelden - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger