Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I give up

Ryuku-sama
07.27.2014 , 11:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AceFirstCav View Post
Really? Stock ship without any upgrades? It is in matches where are most of other pilots (friendlies, enemies) 2-shippers (newbies, not veterans with just one ship in hagar ) or skilled veterans? In the latter case it would mean that you are incredibly good pilot or that veterans are really very bad.
Just to give you an idea. Bot is the #1 Gunship through all servers he plays on.

And to the OP. You're a noisy little whiner. Simple. You overexagerate everything and give us impossible numbers. You say 'you like Star Wars game and space sim' but can't try to understand the easiest space game ever. If you'd tried you wouldn't whine about the no joystick support. A joystick would make the aiming and piloting so much harder, so less instinctive.
And beside, everyone knowing me slightly on live will tell you that I never ever have flown a mastered ship. The closer I went to a mastered ship was my sports'dive with T1 pods and my close range StarGuard on Jung'ma with only Quad left to master. And I still have enough skills to pull off kills on some aces around.
The starter ships are pretty good ships with a lot of possibilities (I've thought of almost 10 different builds for the Scout and 3 for the Strike).
Your problem, OP, is simple. Beyond being an idiot, you have no situationnal awareness. To die by a 1-shot... Let me laugh. It is only possible on some Scout build and need a crit on the lowest DPS, highest burst weapon in the game (crit chance of 16%). You most likely get killed cause you can't fly evasively. I once got 5 people on my tail in a sportscar build. And survived. If you want proof, talk to Alex either on Jung'Ma or TEH. He saw me with them on my tail. The '10 following missiles locks is likely a cluster-spam. First of all, on a strike, you can take a cluster every 8 sec, 5 sec if you're running DirecS T3 -3 sec delay. Second, evasive flying around an object would have broke those locks. The target never dieing after 200 shot is most likely a bomber while you're using RFL and no pods -.- Well. If you're attacking a bomber with RFL. You're stupid. RFL has no burst and **** sustained. And you likely got pooped on with a Seismic and a Concussion. Or you were against a Clarion tank and didn't saw the GS -.-

SO. IN CONCLUSION. Good riddance, whiner. If you had searched help instead of coming here to whine, you would still be playing.

Oh! And between. I have helped people who wanted to give up, and got the hooked on the game after explaining their mistakes.
I want for SoR....
New PvP maps;
New GSF maps, modes, ships and a legacy hangar for GSF;
More characters slots per server. I want 50 slots per server!!!!!

Devrius
07.27.2014 , 11:49 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramalina View Post
Well, if GSF is too much to learn, you definitely don't want a 'real' combat flight/space sim. A good sim is far more complex, and the most detailed ones are ones where you're likely to die many times just trying to learn to take off or land.

That said, the suck-tastic nature of the GSF tutorial has been known and commented on since December 2013. Improving it is apparently not a priority for Bioware.
This, so much this!

In war Thunder, you get a tutorial every time you get a new type of plane on top of the basic tutorial that teaches you how to hit a slower target, a faster target and so on... You got a plane with rockets? Here's a tutorial on how they work, a bomber? Here's how to do a proper bombing run! Heck, they give you the equivalent of CC for finishing the tutorials! Not just a crap amount either, you get enough for an extra hangar (pretty much the only P2W thing in the whole game).

On top of that we have access to "test flights" basically, solo mission to get to learn how specific planes works, how they feel while turning/diving/climbing/execution maneuvers and how to land/take off with or without enemies.

It took me weeks to get decent in GSF with a half decent build, in War Thunder it took a couple of days and stock ships are very good from the start.

With a lot more planes/ships and battles by tiers it will take a whole week to learn the ropes.

It is sadly a lot easier to get into a flight sim with aerodynamics, damage models, gravity, manual evasive/offensive maneuvers then GSF with it's limited play style by a *large* margin simply because GSF has crap for tutorial/solo training.

Verain
07.28.2014 , 01:29 AM | #23
GSF does have crap for solo and a poor tutorial. Without any moving targets or shooting targets, and especially without the ability to queue a ship with the companions and layout you want, it's hard to learn much without actually going out and getting waxxed.

But the overall tone of this thread is unreasonable.

Pincer responded right away with Stasie's Compendium and his own new player guide as links. Instead, all OP does is cry about crap.

Quote:
I have problems with being destroyed immediately. I can dodge one missile lock every what, 60 seconds? But I can't shake the next 10 missiles that immediately follow. And I can only wrap around so many torpedoes or pylons. I'm not seeing any chaff or countermeasure upgrades, so I have no reason to believe that high end combat is anything more than "whoever runs out of missiles last wins".
Our clueless OP drops this on page 1...

Quote:
What I NEED is a tutorial on how to take an enemy base without being one shot by its turrets before I can even get a missile lock.
And this on page 2.

Who here thinks that:

> You can dodge one missile lock every 60 seconds?
> You can't LOS pretty much indefinitely and prevent all missile locks
> There's no upgrades that make breaking missiles easier
> High end combat is "whoever runs out of missiles last wins"
> Base turrets one shot you?

Anyone?

Oh, right, no one. Out of all the things discussed on the forums, this is the only one that is clearly typed by someone who has no idea what he's saying.

You only have two responses to something this ignorant:
mock him and insult him
try to help him, and by extension anyone else who googles into this wasteland of a thread

Both are valid. The second is more helpful, but the first is fine here- this guy doesn't have a clue.

So for those who are as new as the OP:

1)- You can break a missile every 30-20 seconds baseline. About 2500 req in, however, this becomes every 10-20 seconds, depending on your talents. This is only a couple games, it's nothing.
2)- You can LOS missiles forever. Only cluster missiles can hit you, and only barely. Your real threat when tightly hugging an asteroid or satellite is enemies over/undering you, or laying mines, or railgunning you, your hitting you with burst laser cannon. The first requires multiple enemies, the second is indicated by a bomber and you just have to hide from the mines, the third just means you have to know where the gunship is and stay LOS, and the fourth will take some time to actually kill you.
3)- Anything that makes it easier to boost or dodge is a big upgrade versus missiles. As pointed out, EMP field can break missiles, and so can distortion. But the big thing is being aware of WHERE your enemies are, and how HARD it is to lock missiles. If you are in space- entirely open space- you can OFTEN break a missile lock by an enemy behind you by boosting and flying up, then down and left. This is no guarantee, but often an enemy will begin following you and have a hard time, and that can buy you all the time you need to press your hard missile lock again. Missiles are weak. New players fail at boosting.
4)- This doesn't even make sense.
5)- The base defense turrets on satellites have a short range, and you can approach a satellite such that only one is facing you. Alternatively, you can snipe them from out of range with a gunship. They have a lot of armor, so the upgrades that pierce armor help, but even without them you can simply have decent boost, shields, and full weapon energy, and then fly DIRECTLY towards the turret (no boosting), and once you are in range, begin shooting. After about half a second, switch power to weapons (F1), and continue. If you have directional shields, they should have been at double front on your way in. If you have quick charge, press the button once you begin taking damage. If you have distortion, just press it once the firing starts at you. Because only one turret can hit you, and you are doing a lot of damage, you will kill it. If you are worried about flying past, just kill your throttle on the way in. Once it is down, you can turn and boost away, keeping the sat in between you and it, or, if your shields are still ok, you can fly around the EDGE of the satellite, with the next turret targetted. Again, turn quickly towards it and blast, etc. Once you have rocket pod shield pierce (tier 2) or some large reactor upgrades, or any armor piercing on blasters, or armor piercing on slug railgun, they will be even easier. You should not be using lock missiles on turrets at all, and if you really really want to, they should be from out of range of the turrets. But seriously, no. Stop.

Quote:
No, this is certainly not the solution.
Yes, it is. Players that have stopped by and played with Drako, queuing with him or all of us, have gotten a lot better faster. Premades are the way to go.

Quote:
Also meet in the VOIP Premades rather not the best players, rather those who seek easy victories without much own skills.
Players who say things like this are trying to justify being generally poor at the game, and they want a ready excuse for their losses. Instead of learning how to fly as a team, they would prefer to focus on the few overpowered mechanics in the game, and dismiss the rest, lauding them as a necessary crutch for their lack of teamwork and skill.

It's also nonsense at every other level- VOIP premades are the most effective and best way to win, and full team versus full team is far deeper than anything else the game has going.

In other words: you are just angry your performance solo will never match that of a good team. But don't let this turn into bad advice to a new player. He should absolutely find a team and run with them, they'll explain the ropes much faster and nicer than, say, this thread.

Unless you count Pincer, who, again, wrote his own guide for new players and linked to it, and Stasie, who wrote a huge compendium, and Drako, who gives one on one advice on how to win:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=741384

So mock this newb, or insult him, or link him to good stuff. But don't tolerate crap like "can only break a missile every 60 seconds".

Oh, and I've seen Drako go 80k damage in a stock Rycer. Literally stock. I've seen Stasie go similar in a stock gunship. Again, literally stock, 0 upgrades. Both have these have carried teams of newbs against teams with geared sihps. I've done very well myself in absolutely stock ships, but not what I've seen those two do.

The message isn't that gear doesn't matter- it does. But it's nowhere close, NOWHERE CLOSE, to what it would be in the ground game. This game is heavily skill based, and most of the really clutch upgrades are early and cheap, with a few exceptions.

Quote:
maybe even an explanation how starship sensors are so much better than the ones thousands of years later in which an imperial fleet can't detect the Millenium Falcon in an asteroid field
The Millenium Falcon gained a lot of distance on them, and you can do that in this game too. Get to 20k and you'll often not be detected!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Ryuku-sama
07.28.2014 , 01:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Surprising from our dear despicable pilot You were nicer than me. With all the whining and crying and poorly written English (English being my second language, well written posts are so much better to read), I was ready to chase the OP and spawn camp him for a few matches. I would even have given him the choice of my ship and said to my team to not attack him if I'm around. Then I would have crushed him. Many times. Then I vented....

I want for SoR....
New PvP maps;
New GSF maps, modes, ships and a legacy hangar for GSF;
More characters slots per server. I want 50 slots per server!!!!!

Warlord_Maliken
07.28.2014 , 02:07 AM | #25
- I share your opinion
- I will never play GSF ever again. Not interested.
- I still play this game as a pvp arcade and enjoy the WZ's.

"Any game that I have to "stick with it" for weeks to enjoy is not a game worth playing."
I gave GSF over a month myself. got a primed ship and still loathed it lol.. Pathetic.
By the way i think its an important detail that i mention i performed very well in GSF matches. Almost always #1, and usually by a long shot. I even played with friends in vent and we worked together during fights. Still an atrocious experience. Anyway. Cya. Had to thumbs up this post.
Maliken - 55 Juggernaut @ Shadowlands Server
A.K.A. The Golden Sasquatch Of Korriban / The Vicious Manbearpig
"Greetings my children..."
Maliken Selfy: http://imgur.com/1Drc5BE
Young Maliken Selfy: http://imgur.com/StV2Pyb

Magira
07.28.2014 , 02:14 AM | #26
It's also nonsense at every other level- VOIP premades are the most effective and best way to win...
Do I have says otherwise? Of course this is the reason to use a tool that looks like a Cheat. Easy wins for mediocre players.
Einistra - Assasin/Pilot Guild: PUG Server: Red Eclipse
Ynaxi - Shadow/Pilot Guild: The Wookkiees Server: Red Eclipse
Ainola - Powertech/Pilot Guild: The Last Dark Reapers Server: The Bastion
Lilora - Sage/Pilot Server: The Bastion

Davionix
07.28.2014 , 05:02 AM | #27
All that quoted stuff!
An excellent response to a whining thread that was most likely created to vent anger, not actually try to get responses.

Can not help but agree with all points mate there, including the beneifts of premades both in and out of games.

Seeing such a good answer to such an annoying OP by the "The most despicable person on the GSF forum." reinforces my own belief that GSF sub-forum is more helpful than a generic pvp forum.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

Kuciwalker
07.28.2014 , 05:11 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Teschmacher View Post
I have problems with being destroyed immediately. I can dodge one missile lock every what, 60 seconds? But I can't shake the next 10 missiles that immediately follow. And I can only wrap around so many torpedoes or pylons. I'm not seeing any chaff or countermeasure upgrades, so I have no reason to believe that high end combat is anything more than "whoever runs out of missiles last wins".
Missiles are actually pretty underpowered. If you have the Barrel Roll engine component, you can break one lock every 20 seconds. If you have Koiogram Turn or Retro Thrusters, you can do so every 15 seconds. If you have Power Dive, every 10 seconds. If you also have the Distortion Field shield component and raise it to level 3, that's a second parallel 20 second missile break.

Anishor
07.28.2014 , 07:14 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Teschmacher View Post
GSF is clearly designed for individuals that are much different than I am. I love space combat games, and I love Star Wars. But I absolutely HATE GSF. So you've got one less scrub to one-shot from now on. I will not be missed.
you clearly never pvp'd in JTL, where if you weren't in a multi-person ship, the odds of you surviving 1-2 shots were very very small. At least the non-interceptor class ships here have a decent chance of killing ints.
Penumbral, Jung Ma server
Sranishor ( Vengeance *main* ) Sran'ishor ( Marauder *alt* )
PVP Officer
"My passion and the force shows me more than your eyes ever could."

SammyGStatus
07.28.2014 , 08:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AceFirstCav View Post
Really? Stock ship without any upgrades? It is in matches where are most of other pilots (friendlies, enemies) 2-shippers (newbies, not veterans with just one ship in hagar ) or skilled veterans? In the latter case it would mean that you are incredibly good pilot or that veterans are really very bad.
Incredibly good, thank you. But I've heard others do the same feat. Waefi's first toon on some server or another got 79k in a starguard, for example. I can guarantee that Nem can do it as well as Verain, Gunsheep, Drakolich, and Dementia (Stacie). 2500 games+ will enable you to pick up a few things

Verain's made the Most Valuable Post in this thread. Nuff said - you either work hard and get good and enjoy it, or you don't choice is yours. The proper way to get better is to ask, not to tell, and the OP doesn't do this. Instead of offering questions, he tells us that dying to missiles is arbitrary. Bah! I wish you luck OP, but if you weren't trolling and wanted to get better, read the guides posted and practice with others. There are very helpful people on here willing to teach. The way of going about getting assistance is the biggest fault here. Best of luck!
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess