Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I give up

Teschmacher
07.26.2014 , 07:51 PM | #1
GSF is clearly designed for individuals that are much different than I am. I love space combat games, and I love Star Wars. But I absolutely HATE GSF. So you've got one less scrub to one-shot from now on. I will not be missed.

DamascusAdontise
07.26.2014 , 08:20 PM | #2
With a little more information we might be able to steer you the right way for components or ships. If all you have is the starter ships I suggest sticking with it until you can buy something better, doesn't take too long to earn 2500 fleet req 5k can be steep but plenty of good choices at 2.5 . Anyways kudos and sorry your experience was bad, the game is very twitch based - fast paced - and with a very high skill ceiling, for me its very fun / rewarding.

(I play in both groups and Solo most days, so I know what a bad game feels like)
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!

Teschmacher
07.26.2014 , 08:59 PM | #3
Any game that I have to "stick with it" for weeks to enjoy is not a game worth playing.

Lendul
07.26.2014 , 09:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Teschmacher View Post
Any game that I have to "stick with it" for weeks to enjoy is not a game worth playing.
Is this your first MMO?
Leader of Grace by Faith
Recruitment Video
May the LORD be with you
Referral Link Stream

Teschmacher
07.26.2014 , 10:03 PM | #5
No, but it may very will be my last. It's THAT bad.

DamascusAdontise
07.26.2014 , 10:05 PM | #6
Only single player games allow you to walk in as a new player and instantly be a god (or even decent)

All PvP in every game I have played has had a wicked learning curve, some more than others. GSF is not the worst I have played (Try MWO where when u die thats the end of the round)

I am fairly certain that with just dalies and weeklies (a small investment in time) within two weeks you should be able to have some good components and possibly enough fleet req for a new ship. If you expect to spend less time than this then im afraid PvP games in general will disappoint.
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!

Devrius
07.26.2014 , 10:12 PM | #7
In his defense online PvP games usually have tiers, with low level tiers comprise of new players, who as they climb the ladder to higher tiers, become better and better while fighting people at their skill level.

GSf though? The pros and the newbs face each other from day one and the vets and newbs have the same ships, just that vets have the fully mastered more powerful versions.

If GSF was a standalone game it would have gone under long ago.

Pathlight-
07.27.2014 , 03:53 AM | #8
Anything worth it takes time to master. You expect to just waltz in there and instantly kill experienced players left and right ? lol

If you are not willing to take the time to practice, you don't belong in any kind of high end pvp or pve content. Fare well.

Davionix
07.27.2014 , 04:05 AM | #9
Have you tried doing pve, on rail space missions ?

Yeh they are on rails but maybe they can help you get better with aiming while moving, changing powers depending on situation etc.

Using proton torpedoes on command / communication centers for bonus can serve as a good training for missile locking at GSF.

These are whatever I can advise you to do other than telling you to keep playing till you get better at GSF.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

Teschmacher
07.27.2014 , 05:18 AM | #10
I don't have any problems with aiming, or firing torpedoes. Those mechanics are no different than any other space sim.

I have problems with being destroyed immediately. I can dodge one missile lock every what, 60 seconds? But I can't shake the next 10 missiles that immediately follow. And I can only wrap around so many torpedoes or pylons. I'm not seeing any chaff or countermeasure upgrades, so I have no reason to believe that high end combat is anything more than "whoever runs out of missiles last wins".

I have problems with being a "level 1" player pitted against "level 55" players. Skill doesn't mean jack squat when your opponent can survive 200 direct hits and you can't even survive 1. Put me in matches against other players who are learning the ropes, so we can all suck and learn to get better. Don't put me up against max-level ships who know they're going to win before the match even begins. That's not helping anyone learn how to play. It's nothing more than a frustrating grindfest to incrementally suck less until you're finally on par with players who merely have been grinding longer.

And as far as queue times making tiered stages to GSF impossible....well, if GSF were anywhere near as good as you want to believe it is, then there wouldn't be an issue with long queue times, now would there? It's a Star Wars game, FFS. Star Wars is the reason most of us play video games in the first place, and it's the reason that video games became so popular.

I expect more from a Star Wars game. And so should you.