Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

146 + Set Bonus vs 156 No Set Bonus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
146 + Set Bonus vs 156 No Set Bonus

Highallday
07.26.2014 , 04:27 PM | #1
My Juggernaut Tank just hit 50. I got a 4 piece set bonus 146 set(Dread Guard?) I'm going through Makeb, and when I hit 53 I can get mods from the Makeb Vendor. Now, should I keep my set piece until I can run actual Operations to get set pieces, or Just replace the mods at 53?

DogEyedBoy
07.26.2014 , 06:30 PM | #2
Keep the four piece armouring.

Loc_n_lol
07.26.2014 , 06:44 PM | #3
It's going to take quite a toll on your armor rating, I4m not sure it's really worth it.
The stat difference between lvl 50 and lvl 51+ gear is greater than the item rating suggests.

Gardimuer
07.26.2014 , 07:02 PM | #4
For Jug tanks the 2-piece set bonus increases the duration of Blade Turning by 1 second, and the duration of Invincible or Warding Call by 2 seconds. The 4-piece bonus increases the amount of damage absorbed by Sonic Barrier or Blade Barrier by 20%. All in all, the mitigation you receive from those bonuses is more useful than the small damage reduction % increase you would get from increased armor rating in the 156s.

But realistically speaking, if you try to pug a lvl 55 operation in less than 156 armorings your group members aren't going to care that you have the set bonus, their automatic assumption will be that you are undergeared. Your ability to get into pug groups is what really matters, since you need to collect the Arkanian/Underworld set bonus from the SM lvl 55 ops.

And by the way, the Arkanian set bonus is considered better than 180 armorings without the set bonus.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...bonus_all_pve/

Highallday
07.26.2014 , 09:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gardimuer View Post
For Jug tanks the 2-piece set bonus increases the duration of Blade Turning by 1 second, and the duration of Invincible or Warding Call by 2 seconds. The 4-piece bonus increases the amount of damage absorbed by Sonic Barrier or Blade Barrier by 20%. All in all, the mitigation you receive from those bonuses is more useful than the small damage reduction % increase you would get from increased armor rating in the 156s.

But realistically speaking, if you try to pug a lvl 55 operation in less than 156 armorings your group members aren't going to care that you have the set bonus, their automatic assumption will be that you are undergeared. Your ability to get into pug groups is what really matters, since you need to collect the Arkanian/Underworld set bonus from the SM lvl 55 ops.

And by the way, the Arkanian set bonus is considered better than 180 armorings without the set bonus.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...bonus_all_pve/
Thanks for the info. I think I'll keep my Set bonus till 55, get the 162 froms HM fp's then get the 162 set bonus from ops and work from there.

Methoxa
07.27.2014 , 01:20 AM | #6
hm fps are harder than gf ops btw because you are getting bolstered in gf ops therefore your equip doesnt matter.

As soon as you get lvl 55 go oricon get your 162? equip by doing dailys + do gf ops and youll be ulitmate capped pretty quickly.
Revanchist

LordBarok
07.28.2014 , 05:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Methoxa View Post
hm fps are harder than gf ops btw because you are getting bolstered in gf ops therefore your equip doesnt matter.

As soon as you get lvl 55 go oricon get your 162? equip by doing dailys + do gf ops and youll be ulitmate capped pretty quickly.
The Oricon missions give 156 rating gear.
Darth Barok / Darth Sya / Agent Solarix - GM of <Storm Squadron>
Master Saralyn / Master Coralisa / Maj. Solaric Cern - GM of <Saber Squadron>
My 55s on Jung Ma (US East RP-PVP) / Here's my Referral Link - Click for free stuff.