Stronghold and Legacy storage prices

Deewe

Fasten your seat belt guys tis going to shake in here....

new: I'm being told the guild ships are huge, I mean really huge. 16 unlockable rooms and the pricing is supposed to be 5 mil for each room. Making a fully unlocked guild ship @130M.

However I have no formal confirmation of this and we all know things can change much till deployement... so take that with a grain of salt.

This thread is to everyone who is curious on how much it costs to fully unlock their Stronghold. (If someone can give me the break down for Tatooine and the Nar Shadda Strongholds, I'll place them on this thread).

UPDATE: GUILD STRONGHOLDS COSTS WAY MORE THAN THE PERSONAL VERSIONS. (EX: 13 MILLION FOR UNLOCKING ALL THE ROOMS ON CORUSCANT)

Coruscant and Dromund Kas:

-Initial fee to acquire the stronghold is 5,000 Credits.

- It's 1,445,000 credits to fully unlock the stronghold (this includes the initial fee).

-250,000 for unlocking the Garage.

-1,000,000 for unlocking the Balcony.

Tatooine:

-Initial fee to acquire the stronghold is 2.5 million credits.

-Full unlock of rooms for Tatooine is 9.5 Million credits (this includes the initial fee).

Nar Shadda:

With the first 5 expansions unlocked, the last three were:

-2.25 million for balcony

-1.75 million for Garage

-250k for other stairs "room".

Cartel Coin Use:

- Balcony on Nar 2200 cc

- Antechamber on Nar 2000cc

Guild Flagship:

Pending...

A fully upgraded Legacy Storage is 50M (5M for the 1st additional bay (edit or 2500 CC), then 10M, 15M and 20M for the last one).

Edit:

None of these prices are final until BW says they are
Edited by Deewe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely sure why Guild Strongholds have higher costs given that the layouts are identical. Only other thing I'm surprised about is the cost of Legacy Storage, seems a little on the high end for a full unlock.

The other prices don't really bother me, and I'm surprised the initial unlock for capital planets are actually that low.

None of these prices are final until BW says they are and given how much of a stink people are making over the GFS cost alone if they don't change them before launch It's a safe bet GSH/2.9 will flop heavily.

Right, will edit the OP accordingly as what's obvious for some of us isn't for everyone ;)

Thx

50 million credits to unlock legacy storage?

A feature that should be in the game anyway?

That is beyond nuts...

If there was no sub, if the game was free, with F2P players getting all the current benefits of subs, then I wouldn't complain, it would be fair.

But as it stands, to be a sub and asked to pay these prices, that's insane...

50 million credits to unlock legacy storage?

A feature that should be in the game anyway?

That is beyond nuts...

If there was no sub, if the game was free, with F2P players getting all the current benefits of subs, then I wouldn't complain, it would be fair.

But as it stands, to be a sub and asked to pay these prices, that's insane...

It's 50 million for a fully upgraded Legacy Storage, not a LS by itself.

I fail to see why this is an issue. It's not a Stronghold for a single person, it's a group effort with multiple people being able to modify and customize the Guild Stronghold.

Or are you saying that 13mil credits is too much for a fully unlocked Guild Stronghold?

Yes, and that improves the situation how?

It is beyond stupid and insulting. If you don't agree, fair enough, people are free to feel however they want.

With the limitations that are associated to it, namely...

- No ability to deposit or withdraw credits

- Can't name cargo bays

- Can't place an image thumbnail for each cargo bay

^^ All the above is available since forever with Guild banks.

I'm sure not everyone is in the same position I am but I'm WAAAAAYYYYY better with a guild bank on each faction for the most part. If Bioware ever considers to make Legacy Storage more similar to Guild Bank, I may change my mind.

Until then, assuming these prices are final, I'll avoid it like the plague.

EDIT:

Still, again, prices for Strongholds really look right to me, which is why the Legacy Storage ordeal feels underwhelming as hell.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

13 mil for a complete guild stronghold on Coruscant doesn't seem too bad.

If they remove a 0 from the prices of all tabs of legacy storage, I'll consider participating in that. Otherwise I'll just use my one free tab and keep mailing when necessary.

Do you really need all those cargo tabs right away?

I kind of do Reno, or at the very least looking forward to using them. All the mats I have acquire for every trade wouldn't even fit in one full legacy storage. I had also wanted to use it as means of easing the difficulty of customization by putting all the armor I've collected into one convenient location instead of trying to dig between all the cargo holds of my characters. This is not reasonably priced and it looks like I'm not going to be able to make much of use of it after all.

Fully upgraded legacy storage at 50million is to get rid of credits from people like me sat with circa 200mill with nothing left to spend it on.

That said, as much as I want legacy storage, even I will not pay 50M for 5 tabs of storage as it is simply not enough for my needs, therefore I see no point paying for something that will not solve my storage issues sufficiently.

As for the actual strongholds, I really could not give two hoots which I have, will just get the cheapest as playing dolls house does not interest me, the stronghold is merely a gateway to storage.

If they remove a 0 from the prices of all tabs of legacy storage, I'll consider participating in that. Otherwise I'll just use my one free tab and keep mailing when necessary.

Pretty much. There's no point even attempting to utilize the cargo as legacy crafting storage at such price because mats take a LOT of space, 6 crafting skills will easily require 4 full tabs or more (and that is assuming you have no more than a stack of each on average). So without legacy crafting ability, it's gonna be good only for storing few legacy armors sets and some BOL tokens. No one will bother expansing. The price is a complete absurd. Cut one zero or it's a completly failed new feature.

Edited by Pietrastor

Do you really need all those cargo tabs right away?

Ha! I need a lot more than 5...

I have 17 alts... 6 of whom are just crafting mules... 30 tabs of cargo between them 100% full of mats...

Are you kidding? I needed 50 tabs... :)

And if it were 50 million for 50 tabs... I'd pay that...

Ha! I need a lot more than 5...

I have 17 alts... 6 of whom are just crafting mules... 30 tabs of cargo between them 100% full of mats...

Are you kidding? I needed 50 tabs... :)

And if it were 50 million for 50 tabs... I'd pay that...

I have 21 Alts currently and I'm only getting 1 extra bay if that.

The only crew skill that so desperately needed this was Scavenging. As you can accumulate Metal very easily...

Bioanalysis and Archaeology are so minor that you can keep them consolidated on one character each that needs them.

But don't get me wrong, I don't like the pricing either for this or Guild Ships, just merely stating my opinion on it.

Fully upgraded legacy storage at 50million is to get rid of credits from people like me sat with circa 200mill with nothing left to spend it on.

That said, as much as I want legacy storage, even I will not pay 50M for 5 tabs of storage as it is simply not enough for my needs, therefore I see no point paying for something that will not solve my storage issues sufficiently.

^ This...

I actually could afford the 50M, but I'm not going to spend it, it would be a waste...

10M would probably be my limit for 5 tabs... and that is only because I'm swimming in credits.

50 tabs would be a headache to manage, a better solution is to raise the stack limit to 999 or 9,999.

5m for 1 legacy bay? Are they nuts?

guildships looks very cheap in front of the stronghold

Sorry Devs but 5m for 1 LB is wayyyyy to much, even for me with many mills and i dont have the need to get any guild stronghold or flagship.

and then 10 and 15? They just want to make people to spend reall money to get cc, nothing more.

The greedy EA strikes back

DANG!! And we still have 99 stack only, not even 999!!!

Edited by Kissakias

Shhhhhh, no one can complain. We're not permitted to say these cost too much. After all, some people have that amount of credits easy.

yeah, those players tend to rip off loads of other players on the GTN...thats the only reason they can afford that much credits so easily......its like the saying, 'you gotta work twice as hard when its honest.' its a saying that they don't even know about.

Edited by JamieKirby

As for the actual strongholds, I really could not give two hoots which I have, will just get the cheapest as playing dolls house does not interest me, the stronghold is merely a gateway to storage.

So, you have 200 millions and nothing to spend it on. But you are not interested in spending the credits on anything anyway. You could spend them now, but meh, that's nothing for you.

Please enlighten me: What's the point of having 200 millions if there is nothing enjoyable you can do with that? And then you come bragging about it here? As if that would be something to brag about.

The reality is that most players cannot even afford to pay their repair bills. 200 million credits... elitist BS.

Stronghold stuff is not supposed to be only for the 1%. If BW wants to make money with it, they have to make reasonable prices. Otherwise most players are left out and then the feature is a total financial flop for them. What is the point?

So, you have 200 millions and nothing to spend it on. But you are not interested in spending the credits on anything anyway. You could spend them now, but meh, that's nothing for you.

Please enlighten me: What's the point of having 200 millions if there is nothing enjoyable you can do with that? And then you come bragging about it here? As if that would be something to brag about.

The reality is that most players cannot even afford to pay their repair bills. 200 million credits... elitist BS.

Stronghold stuff is not supposed to be only for the 1%. If BW wants to make money with it, they have to make reasonable prices. Otherwise most players are left out and then the feature is a total financial flop for them. What is the point?

I have more than that and I won't spend 50 million on the cargo bays. That's an absurd price. The value simply isn't there.

Part of the reason I have the credits that I have is that I won't spend them on frivolous garbage. I won't buy a Dewback at 3-5 million, let alone a Walker at 15-25. I spent a grand total of 50k on the Slot Machine event, and no, I didn't get the Rancor.

I have the credits I have because I won't spend them unless I believe I will receive appropriate value for them. I've put tens of millions of credits into our guild bank (of which I'm just a member, not leader or officer) because I believe in the value of having a guild ship and guild stronghold. I will probably put millions into one stronghold for myself, again because I see value in it.

The point of having hundreds of millions of credits is first to be sure I can do whatever I want in the game (like the repair bills you mentioned) without ever having to worry about it. The second point is to use them to bring enjoyment to myself and the other players I care about. I don't enjoy spending credits (or RL money) on things that provide negligible value, or value similar to a significantly less expensive alternative.

If players can't afford their repair bills, they're doing something dreadfully wrong. In this game, credits fall into your pockets. All you have to do is not spend them stupidly. That's not elitist, that's simple reality.

I understand Western culture has drilled competition with the Joneses into its members, but at some point you need to break free from that brainwashing if you're ever going to have money... in the game or, again, in real life.

But I'm not complaining about the price. I'm simply providing my feedback to BioWare, feedback that they asked for, that given the current pricing or anything close to it, I'm not remotely interested. That's what these forums are for, ya know?

Edited by DarthTHC