Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soloing flashpoints

Montiphus
12.23.2011 , 01:37 PM | #1
Is there a point at which we'll be high enough level to go back and solo flashpoints to milk all the loot ourselves?

I'm just wondering at what point, if any, I could go back and knock out Black Talon with a companion.

Tomidius
12.23.2011 , 01:47 PM | #2
Havnt done it yet but I know you can, depending on your gear and skill level you can probably do it by level 25-30

Melecon
12.23.2011 , 02:37 PM | #3
I was able to Solo Black Talon, Hammer station, and Athiss at level 30 on my Sorc...

I used "WAS" as it was in beta, even though the last week so not much should have changed.

BluReel
12.23.2011 , 02:48 PM | #4
I soloed the Esseles Flash point with my lvl 25 smuggler and companion. It was easy since I wasn't taking any damage. I'm guessing it can be soloed at a lower level char, but not sure where that point is.

I was NOT able to solo Esseles with my lvl 12 trooper and companion. I could not take out the Iron boss. Which is interesting as it's listed as a 2 player group for my trooper and listed as a 2+ player group for my smuggler. I did try to solo Esseles with my smuggler at an earlier level (like 12 or 13) and could not defeat the Iron boss either.

Both times I didn't have the best armor/fire power, stims, or fighting strategies in place.

Ballkan
12.23.2011 , 02:55 PM | #5
I did black talon solo on lvl 17-18 bh and did it once on imperial agent healer spec with companion tanking,the boss that puts fire droids all over is harddd if you don't pull your companion out the fire it will die so fast

Heezdedjim
12.23.2011 , 03:03 PM | #6
Esseles was doable on a Vanguard solo at 17, with nothing special. The only part you can't do alone is the puzzle near the boss droid that needs two people to each flip a switch on opposite ends of the room. But you can still complete the instance. Even at 17, I think the boots that dropped from somewhere were better than what I was wearing when I started it. The rest of the loot was just shop food, but I think I netted about 3K credits anyway.

That said, it takes a while; probably more than making the same credits and getting better loot doing missions more on your level. You also don't get social points when you solo these instances, which are the main thing I think most higher levels come back and blitz the lower FPs for.

You also get a few Coruscant commendations out of it, which can be mildly useful if you just need a couple more to buy a level 15-ish piece of gear or something.

Eqvaliser
12.23.2011 , 03:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Melecon View Post
I was able to Solo Black Talon, Hammer station, and Athiss at level 30 on my Sorc...

I used "WAS" as it was in beta, even though the last week so not much should have changed.
did the same, but the rewards is terrible..
ewen with a team, once they r gray = terrible.

Montiphus
12.23.2011 , 04:59 PM | #8
Thanks all. I've been doing all solo quests first on a planet, then getting a group at the end to do all the heroics/flashpoints. Just got to thinking I wonder if I could wait on these and do them solo at some point (I do like grouping...but I was just curious).

ByungShin
12.23.2011 , 05:02 PM | #9
I ended up soloing BT last night with my Lvl 12 Sith Sorcerer and companion. Just to see if I could. Was a pain in the *****, and took about an hour and a half (my first flashpoint, so I died a few times getting my bearings, haha). Got Orange chest and saber drops in that run. The first boss I was able to take fairly well. The second and third were pretty tough. Companion would consistently drop when boss was half-dead. Then I had to spam heals on myself about four times for every damaging channel I used. Not really worth it for time/reward ratio, but I thought it was a good exercise.

Dragonamedrake
12.23.2011 , 05:37 PM | #10
Soloed BT at 14 on my BH. Having a Healing pet and a Healing spell helps as nothing in BT hits terribly hard.