Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Story of SWTOR, 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ninjonxb
07.23.2014 , 10:56 AM | #21
A lot of vague hints in this one...

But what I got from it... We will be getting 2 patches before the expansion. 2.9 and 2.10.
Since he mentioned that Forged Aliances will lead into the expansion. I am guessing that main storyline will "end" with the third part but it sets the groundwork for what we will be seeing in the expansion.

HKtheindomitable
07.23.2014 , 11:05 AM | #22
Compliment: The master continues to provide content. I look forward to terminating hostilities.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

CaptianFordo
07.23.2014 , 11:09 AM | #23
I swear, getting information out of BioWare about plot for up-coming expansions and updates is like Mulder's hunt for extraterrestrials in the X-files...full of crackpot theories and EA conspiracies, with little evidence to back anything up.

The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

AMightyKnight
07.23.2014 , 11:09 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Lead Writer Charles Boyd talks story for SWTOR in 2014!

Read Now
Yeah great, so 2.9 will have one storytelling tactical flashpoint for each faction with no challenging hardmode ? Awesome.
How about announcing the eta of a new operation before even the most dedicated raiders will leave?
Benaiah Abihail Ahdino
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
Equilibrium ~ T3M4 ~ Referral Link ~

DarthMetalJoey
07.23.2014 , 11:11 AM | #25
IS THAT WOOKIE ZAALBAR?! o_o

Varium
07.23.2014 , 11:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vashy View Post
a lot of nothing was said, while dropping some pretty interesting teases.

So, is Manaan going to be an actual planet, or just an FP?
Just a FP

Quote: Originally Posted by Wefi View Post
So 2.9 will have 2 new flashpoints? or Just one? if one, so 3.0 wont be release of a new expansion?
Most likely two flashpoints, like the Czerka FP it's going to be in two parts, the second FP is probably called Manaan Underwater station or something.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wefi View Post
So 2.9 will have 2 new flashpoints? or Just one? if one, so 3.0 wont be release of a new expansion?
Just like in WoW, the 3.0 is going to update the game with the new stuff coming in the expansion and the expansion comes later and unlocks the content. It's in order to make the downloads easier since there isn't going to be such a rush to download them.
50 V Legacy

Deewe
07.23.2014 , 11:14 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
I swear, getting information out of BioWare about plot for up-coming expansions and updates is like Mulder's hunt for extraterrestrials in the X-files...full of crackpot theories and EA conspiracies, with little evidence to back anything up.

:ak_03:
We can find much more consisting and valuable infos on all the above than on SWTOR.

MillionsKNives
07.23.2014 , 11:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Not exactly fully of story or information.

As far as the Story of SWTOR mostly vague talk that there will be some rather than any details on what the story will be.
For a post that claims "Charles Boyd talks story" I expected a bit more information other than "those flashpoints you knew were coming had some story and the expansion will have some story too".

To me it looks like that droid is plugged into the wookiee's chestpiece. Maybe he uses it for translation instead of just carrying it around for stylish reasons.

Tsillah
07.23.2014 , 11:14 AM | #29
So, there will be some more non-disclosed story stuff at a non-disclosed time.

I feel very much informed now.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

Aries_cz
07.23.2014 , 11:18 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ElevenBfour View Post
Wait, what? So this story is available now? Or not till 2.9? Sorry lol. If it's out now, I'm not sure how I missed this. If it's not till 2.9, I feel better at not being so blind to have missed this.
Part 1 of Forged Alliances has been available for some time now (since Game Update 2.7: Invasion). Part 2 will be included in Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds, coming August 19th (little over 3 weeks), and will probably take place on Manaan. When will Part 3 and beyond appear, no one knows, but many assume that Part 1 and 2 are setting the stage for new story in the new expansion (game Update 3.0).
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link