Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need = BoP || Greed = BoL

Deewe
07.24.2014 , 07:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
It's not a bad idea as an idea.

However I'll give you the answer you'll actually get: technically difficult

And this time I'd probably believe it. I doubt the system has the ability to change the binding of something based on a need/greed roll. I think it has to do with how the item was created in the first place. Though I'd be curious if there exists such a thing (changing the binding type after the item is created) in game already.
You are right, don't know how they coded it still they'd need to do something along changing the loot function so when it spawns a BoP item it will be "translated" automatically.

Now for the already looted items they can just keep them as bound to the character, it's the least effort and certainly the one that will please the players the most.

There some coding and DB changes for sure, but it could be done.

Icestar
07.24.2014 , 07:10 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Or just keep things as they are and follow general MMO etiquette.
This is something pugs never follow, there is always someone that needs something they do not need.

They should make it like they said they would back in 2012 but that never happened.
You are very welcome to use my referral link.
With this you get 7 days of free subscription,a free character transfer and nice items mailed to all your characters. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Deewe
07.24.2014 , 07:35 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
This is something pugs never follow, there is always someone that needs something they do not need.

They should make it like they said they would back in 2012 but that never happened.
Don't remember they said anything special about not having BoP or changing it.

The only thing I see is the lengthy discussions about how loot worked in other MMO where guild leaders would have to maintain participation lists for RAIDS and so.

Icestar
07.24.2014 , 08:43 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Don't remember they said anything special about not having BoP or changing it.
Ask, and you shall recive

Frung: Have you considered adding a "companion" loot roll option?

Damion Schubert: We've discussed it and have a design for it - when we do this, we will make it so you can only roll 'need' on items that your advanced class is meant to use in one of its specs. I do not currently have an ETA on this feature.

It is one of the discussions regarding loot rolls, there are thousands of posts discussing how they should handle it.

The information and feedback regarding how loot is handled has been silent for years from their side now.
You are very welcome to use my referral link.
With this you get 7 days of free subscription,a free character transfer and nice items mailed to all your characters. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Kryand
07.24.2014 , 08:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
So you're saying everyone should roll need then?

It could work but most people won't like it for sure because you can't use companions in full groups
I'm saying let people decide for themselves what to roll. And when you go into a group with a bunch of people you don't know, don't expect to win anything. If the gear matters that much to you, find a guild.

The only loot change I would accept for pugs is only allowing people to roll need until they win 1 item, then all of their rolls become greed automatically (or pass).
entering swtor afterlife aka other games aka heaven

Laurreth
07.24.2014 , 09:31 AM | #26
I kinda like the original idea. It still needs a fix to the legacy gear "workaround" to really be effective.
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

Deewe
07.28.2014 , 06:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
I kinda like the original idea. It still needs a fix to the legacy gear "workaround" to really be effective.
As mentioned in the OP an item and the associated mods of an item rooled with BoP would be bound to the character. Not even the alts would be able to wear it nor use the mods.

Might be seen as too restrictive but there's a need for constraints.

Drudenfusz
07.28.2014 , 06:34 PM | #28
I like the idea, since one would then take need if one actually needs it and when you get something you only greeded on but that this character doesn't need you can send it to an alt. I cannot understand how one can not like that idea, but I doubt it would happen, since that would require work from BioWare that does not directly or indirectly increase their income.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Deewe
07.28.2014 , 09:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I like the idea, since one would then take need if one actually needs it and when you get something you only greeded on but that this character doesn't need you can send it to an alt. I cannot understand how one can not like that idea, but I doubt it would happen, since that would require work from BioWare that does not directly or indirectly increase their income.
I'm afraid short minded producers might agree with you, although long term it would certainly make the game more successful.

QoL changes are of a great deal to player retention.

Deewe
08.02.2014 , 08:52 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
I'm saying let people decide for themselves what to roll. And when you go into a group with a bunch of people you don't know, don't expect to win anything. If the gear matters that much to you, find a guild.

The only loot change I would accept for pugs is only allowing people to roll need until they win 1 item, then all of their rolls become greed automatically (or pass).
I see where you go here but it won't solve the problem either.

What if a really needed item spawns after a player needed on one more for the look?