Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need = BoP || Greed = BoL

Deewe
07.23.2014 , 11:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Why would we determine need/greed based on how the item binds?
Because the need would only be used because the character you are playing can actually benefits the use of the item. I mean stats wise obviously.

Just because something binds to legacy doesn't make it any less valuable or needed...
Right still the one rule with MMO is loot priority, especially in PUGS, goes to the character you are actually playing.

Plus... you can put any Character Bound items on your companions
True, the system would have to be tweaked server side.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Would it really help though? I like the idea, but it would be exploited and change nothing in most situations, as PuG groups tend to all go NEED.
Might be lucky, as on the RP PVE server I play 99% of the PuG players only need on up or if not they ask in chat if they can need for either the look or the stats for a companion, after everybody selected greed.

The way it could only be exploited is a player need for the item while it's not an up.
A system check can be done but then it could be more problematic than else. Although if it's not an up the player would be stuck with the item on his character, not even being able to pull off the mods but overwrite them.

Then there's the issue stats vs look.
So far the generally accepted rule it player roll is first based on stats then on look.
Unless they add a loot for look button, not much can be done for that.

Icebergy
07.23.2014 , 11:09 AM | #12
Or just keep things as they are and follow general MMO etiquette.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 4/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

TheBBP
07.23.2014 , 11:17 AM | #13
I like the concept to have how it binds be determined on how it was rolled on. Only I would do BoP for Need and BoE for Greed.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Warrgames
07.23.2014 , 11:33 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
EXACTLY! A button that says "LOOT!" and sparkles, that you need to click, would be better.
Giant fireworks when you win would be great too.
"Such minds. Such fertile grounds." Dread Master Raptus
You were just told you have **** for brains by a Dread Master.

Deewe
07.23.2014 , 11:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
Giant fireworks when you win would be great too.
That can be added too.

For a BH/Trooper I'd rather have huge explosions with ground shacking too!

Kryand
07.24.2014 , 12:25 AM | #16
Whining when a fully geared person rolls for their alt doesn't actually make sense. Would you rather them bring their ungeared toon just to appease your MMO-whiner sensibilities, or have them bring their best toon to help make the raid go much smoother? It's a win-win situation if they just bring the better toon and roll for the other one. In fact it's even a sacrifice on their part, because they have to spend the credits to legacy the stuff over and lose out on comms which they might also need on the alt. But nooooooo, keep whining.
Jedi Covenant - Conqueror, Deposer, Gate Crasher, Dread Master, etc. etc.
The Vail Legacy - GM of Torva Nex
Stream - Referral

Poppy_
07.24.2014 , 12:35 AM | #17
If the person has a dread master token head (186) and rolls need on an underworld head to give it to one of their other characters then there is nothing wrong with that. I used to get so annoyed when people complained about someone who hasn't won a token yet needing on something that isn't as good as what they are using. They can easily mail it to another character. If the item can't be mailed then I don't think they should need on it.

Right now I have a level 54 assassin. Would you rather me go on my level 55 sniper who is just a couple pieces away from being best in slot 186 or take my level 54 assassin who needs the gear? Groups that choose the latter usually finish the raid 4/5 with people dropping on the last boss in frustration while people who choose the better geared character finish the raid.

Many groups wouldn't even consider taking the level 54 because they don't want to carry. Yet they have no problem taking someone who has much better gear than them. Don't discriminate against the person just because the character they are on has good gear.

Kulyok
07.24.2014 , 12:44 AM | #18
Need and greed system is flawed. All players should get separate loot.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Deewe
07.24.2014 , 06:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
Whining when a fully geared person rolls for their alt doesn't actually make sense. Would you rather them bring their ungeared toon just to appease your MMO-whiner sensibilities, or have them bring their best toon to help make the raid go much smoother? It's a win-win situation if they just bring the better toon and roll for the other one. In fact it's even a sacrifice on their part, because they have to spend the credits to legacy the stuff over and lose out on comms which they might also need on the alt. But nooooooo, keep whining.
So you're saying everyone should roll need then?

It could work but most people won't like it for sure because you can't use companions in full groups

hadoken
07.24.2014 , 06:51 AM | #20
It's not a bad idea as an idea.

However I'll give you the answer you'll actually get: technically difficult

And this time I'd probably believe it. I doubt the system has the ability to change the binding of something based on a need/greed roll. I think it has to do with how the item was created in the first place. Though I'd be curious if there exists such a thing (changing the binding type after the item is created) in game already.