Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need = BoP || Greed = BoL

Deewe
07.23.2014 , 07:45 AM | #1
Short version: make items how it binds be determined on how it was rolled on.

Long version:
  • Need = BoP that you can only use on your character
    • Can't use it on companions
    • Can't use it on alts
    • Can't remove mods or eventually can only move them to the same character.
    • Can't sell it
  • Greed = BoL

An option is to make BoL, once used, stuck to the character and its alts it has been used on.
Long term, there could be in game systems to unbind gear to allow one transfer between alts.

Finally the system could also be made that you can't need if your equipped gear has a higher rating than the looted one

--- ---

Then but for gear it should be made that if anybody needs and you already cast a greed vote you are prompted a need/greed again.

What you think?

Darth_Wicked
07.23.2014 , 07:51 AM | #2
And no.
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent
YOU MISTAKE ME FOR YOUR OWN WEAK FLESH. I DO NOT END.

Warrgames
07.23.2014 , 07:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
And no.
A man of many words...
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click it for lots a free and cool stuff.

Darth_Wicked
07.23.2014 , 07:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
A man of many words...
Only when deemed necessary. Such is hardly the case.

Deewe
07.23.2014 , 08:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
A man of many words...
The interesting part is it's as hard to dismiss their post as the effort they put not to bring a constructive opinion.

Darth_Wicked
07.23.2014 , 08:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
The interesting part is it's as hard to dismiss their post as the effort they put not to bring a constructive opinion.
What is there to bring up?

I could be wrong but last week or so, we had three threads pertaining Legacy gear running simultaneously(!!!) and how people wanted to look dandy with the least amount of effort evolved, preferably in a manner that didn't involve credit sinks.

You're looking for a reprise it would seem.

ninjonxb
07.23.2014 , 08:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
  • Need = BoP that you can only use on your character, not on companions, even less on alts.
  • Greed = BoL

An option is to make BoL, once used, stuck to the character and its alts it has been used.
Long term, there could be in game systems to unbind gear to allow one transfer between alts.

What you think?
Why would we determine need/greed based on how the item binds?

Just because something binds to legacy doesn't make it any less valuable or needed...

Plus... you can put any Character Bound items on your companions

TUXs
07.23.2014 , 08:38 AM | #8
Would it really help though? I like the idea, but it would be exploited and change nothing in most situations, as PuG groups tend to all go NEED.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Darth_Wicked
07.23.2014 , 08:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Would it really help though? I like the idea, but it would be exploited and change nothing in most situations, as PuG groups tend to all go NEED.
Seeing people using Dread Forged and Dread Master needing on Arkanian and Underworld tokens will NEVER cease to amaze me. I don't even ask anymore.

At this stage, as far as PUGs are concerned, Bioware should just remove the "Greed" button altogether and "Pass"? Yeahhh, right.

TUXs
07.23.2014 , 08:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Seeing people using Dread Forged and Dread Master needing on Arkanian and Underworld tokens will NEVER cease to amaze me. I don't even ask anymore.

At this stage, as far as PUGs are concerned, Bioware should just remove the "Greed" button altogether and "Pass"? Yeahhh, right.
EXACTLY! A button that says "LOOT!" and sparkles, that you need to click, would be better.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])