Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware Strikes Again! Stupid Flashpoint Changes that were never needed!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Bioware Strikes Again! Stupid Flashpoint Changes that were never needed!

Kaos_KidSWTOR
07.22.2014 , 06:46 AM | #1
Ok, first it was the adds in Czerka Corporate Labs having a now infinite aggro range and almost forcing groups to have a Rdps. Now it's this...

The Beast of Vodal Kresh encounter in Athiss now resets if the boss is moved too far off of its platform.

WHY?!? That's got to be the MOST STUPID CHANGE EVER.... So what if we can kite the boss away and reduce the strain and headauche that boss has? those adds in that fight are pretty brutal, so if you would have either A. gotten rid of the adds. or B. reduced their HP and Damage. i would be fine. but this is just stupid... (this is about HM Athiss, this boss is piss easy in SM.)

Irongut
07.22.2014 , 06:50 AM | #2
To stop lamers like you using the stupid cave technique. It isn't necessary and its an exploit imo.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

AAAAzrael
07.22.2014 , 07:00 AM | #3
What was the cave technique out of curiosity?
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

rantboi
07.22.2014 , 07:00 AM | #4
Good. Taking it to the cave was pointless waste of time anyway.

Benirons
07.22.2014 , 07:48 AM | #5
There were several different "strategies" in the past that I was aware of.

1: take it to the cave to the south where u can activate a droid (avoids adds, kb in a small room does not matter much), but need to clear two additional pack of adds.

2: take boss to the pond, again no adds will come, but folks will most likely fly all over the place, no more add killing needed.

Honestly put, these r faceroll tactics which r pretty said to do with a full group. All the tank needs to do is to stand in the middle of the doorway and he will not be knocked out of positionn, adds will spawn right on top of the tank so they can instantly use aoe threat moves etc.

Frankly put, that shuttle in HM cademimu should be made inaccessible, such a wussy tactic that one is. Folks facerolling mechanics instead of doing it the right way. Pretty saddening, neither of the encounters is hard meachanics wise.

rantboi
07.22.2014 , 07:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
Frankly put, that shuttle in HM cademimu should be made inaccessible, such a wussy tactic that one is. Folks facerolling mechanics instead of doing it the right way. Pretty saddening, neither of the encounters is hard meachanics wise.
hiding behind the elevator is even worse. the adds still spawn and just sit there and after killing the boss you'll have to kill 20 pigs that just stand there and stare at the sky

Dras_Keto
07.22.2014 , 08:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Ok, first it was the adds in Czerka Corporate Labs having a now infinite aggro range and almost forcing groups to have a Rdps. Now it's this...

The Beast of Vodal Kresh encounter in Athiss now resets if the boss is moved too far off of its platform.

WHY?!? That's got to be the MOST STUPID CHANGE EVER.... So what if we can kite the boss away and reduce the strain and headauche that boss has? those adds in that fight are pretty brutal, so if you would have either A. gotten rid of the adds. or B. reduced their HP and Damage. i would be fine. but this is just stupid... (this is about HM Athiss, this boss is piss easy in SM.)
Ive done labs with all melee plenty of times. I havent noticed this "adds having infinite aggro range problem." What are you talking about?

As for Athiss, if the only kind of boss fight you can handle is one that sits still while you pound on it, might I recommend the Training Dummies? You can even solo those. Go get 'em, tiger!

Kryand
07.22.2014 , 08:56 AM | #8
Complaining about tactics used in a HMFP... that's even worse than complaining about SM Ops tactics.

TBH I'm glad this Athiss one was fixed. Now bads won't whine at groups to waste time clearing those extra mobs and kiting the boss instead of just killing the boss. I hope they also fixed the bugs where he would sometimes launch people who were standing behind him. But things like the Cademimu shuttle do not take extra time to set up, so who the hell cares? Do people really get their SWTOR challenge fix from HMFPs?
entering swtor afterlife aka other games aka heaven

johnatters
07.22.2014 , 08:59 AM | #9
I genuinely had no idea people found this difficult?

Irongut
07.22.2014 , 09:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
Frankly put, that shuttle in HM cademimu should be made inaccessible, such a wussy tactic that one is.
Agreed. I put that tactic up there with the cave tactic in Athis.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)