Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is the challenge?

Alanbra
07.20.2014 , 04:55 PM | #11
My guild had a lot of fun doing an ev hm where we could only use the legacy hand to hand abilities. It was a lot of fun seeing Soa surrounded by a mob punching him.

Amantino
07.20.2014 , 10:53 PM | #12
> Has not tried raiding
> Complains game is too easy

If you want a challenge, go raid. And I don't mean overgearing outdated content, try DP NiM before it gets nerfed. Flashpoints were never made to be very challenging, and people cried like little girls because Lost Island HM was "too hard", when it in fact was not hard at all.
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

Jandi
07.21.2014 , 01:09 AM | #13
The HMFPs were challenging before Oricon. Get a group of people with nothing but lvl53 blues and see how easy it is. They were designed to be done after you finished Makeb. What Oricon does is it overgears you completely for them.

slafko
07.21.2014 , 01:19 AM | #14
The only thing challenging about this game is getting or finding a group of derpless people that actually have an idea about what they're doing.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

fire-breath
07.21.2014 , 02:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
I am just levelling my PT tank from 50 to 55 and mostly doing HM FP's. Even with randomly assembled unaugmented gear and PUG's it's complete faceroll. Even Foundry HM with 12k HP healer was a joke.
Yes ...... it is supposed to be a joke with a 12k HP healer. Its balanced to be around THAT gearlevel (tionese gear). What else would you expect? I'm more worried that the best combination for a lv55 HM is to have 3 DPS and 1 healer now a days. Even gear appropriate healers can heal through a slightly overgeared dps tanking.
Regarding the question where the challenge is ..... Well don't forget that even the lv55 HM flashpoints are older. They were meant to be done in the 140 (rakata gear). Just go in with 4 people of level appropriate gear and appropriate level and it will be harder.

Also there are many bosses in classquests which are quite challenging without the use of legacy abilities and/or decent knowledge of gamemechanics.

If you want to have the real hard stuff to test your limits I would go solo flashpoints. Not sure about the CZ HM flashpoints everything else has been proven soloable. Personally I noticed that only bonus boss has anything that resembles a tougher enrage timer (expect czerka)
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs

PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer