DK stronghold livestream notes and pics

Iwipe

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/hC0G5

• Doors open up four ways – up, down, left right. When you go into the stronghold and pass through a door, it will remain open until you leave the stronghold.
  • Trophies awarded retroactively based on achievements. Each difficulty mode has a different border and icons. It is basically portrait of the bosses you have killed.
  • Decorations can be purchased with cartel certificates right on the fleet (in addition to credits etc)
  • Question to players: If we were doing another stronghold, where would you like to live? Submit your answers on forums etc.
  • Mounts/Pets – Once you unlocked a mount/pet, you can only put one of them in each stronghold and only one copy. However, placing it in one stronghold will not make it unavailable for others. (i..e if you unlocked Charcoal Dewback on your character, there is one copy available for each stronghold and placing it in one won’t make it unavailable for other strongholds you have).
  • You can only place a mount/pet once in a stronghold even if multiple characters in your legacy owns it.
  • If you want to place companions of other characters, you need to log into them to place it.
  • You can get new labels for your stronghold to display on the public listing via achievements.It is similar to a character title.
  • You cannot name your strongholds, but you can change the owner of the stronghold to one of your characters in your legacy. The exception is Guild Strongholds which you can name it as whatever you want.
  • For Prestige, there is an incentive to make your house very busy and drop decoration on all the hooks since it increases your completion %.
  • Guild Flagship and Conquest are new systems so we want to show them to you rather than just talk to them.
  • Guild stronghold is similar to personal strongholds with the exception that guild members can donate decorations and multiple players can have gold keys with the ability to decorate. They have same layouts as player strongholds.
  • If you transfer servers, the stronghold that come with you will not be decorated. You will get your decorations back and need to decorate it again.
  • If you have two identical classes, you cannot place two copies of your companions.

• If you visit DK stronghold as a republic character, can you see the DK planetary chat? Interesting question. No answer given.
  • Min level for someone to enter Stronghold – Level 15 or 16, which should give you enough credits to buy a stronghold in DK or Coruscant.
  • You cannot place credits in legacy storage.
  • You cannot have more than one of the same stronghold. However, you can have a personal Dromund Kaas stronghold and a guild Dromund Kaas stronghold.
  • Fleet chat is still on fleet, we don’t want to deplete the fleet.
  • Can a republic character buy a stronghold in Dromund Kaas? Make an Imperial character, level it to level 15, buy a DK stornghold and then pay a fee to smuggle your Republic character over. Smugglers/agents do not need to pay any fee.

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed this earlier...

Mounts/Pets – Once you unlocked a mount/pet, you can only put one of them in each stronghold and only one copy. However, placing it in one stronghold will not make it unavailable for others. (i..e if you unlocked Charcoal Dewback on your character, there is one copy available for each stronghold and placing it in one won’t make it unavailable for other strongholds you have).

You can only place a mount/pet once in a stronghold even if multiple characters in your legacy owns it.

It's not so bad. People just need to be more creative and spam less the same item I guess. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I find stuff such as this weird though...

I mean... Seriously? Is it possible they never actually considered this to happen? :confused:

Or they just never tested it. Remember they are on a dev server not the main servers we play on.

Or they just never tested it. Remember they are on a dev server not the main servers we play on.

Testing something and not thinking about it are NOT one and the same.

If they wanted to have a Republic character visit the DK Stronghold from early on, knowing that the DK chat would be available while in that instance, the question should present itself almost automatically.

I remember people discussing it previously on Reddit... And they're not exactly testing Strongholds, are they?

I laugh at this thinking about it.

But good on them for giving Smugglers and Agents something. Was just Smugglers only.

Yeahhh but assuming you're an Operative, you're also a master of Stealth. :p

Testing something and not thinking about it are NOT one and the same.

If they wanted to have a Republic character visit the DK Stronghold from early on, knowing that the DK chat would be available while in that instance, the question should present itself almost automatically.

I remember people discussing it previously on Reddit... And they're not exactly testing Strongholds, are they?

Yeahhh but assuming you're an Operative, you're also a master of Stealth. :p

Thinking about it and actually remembering to test it out to see if it's possible is also two different things. I think of a lot of things through out the day doesn't mean I will remember to do it or that I will have time to do it, also since they are on a dev server I doubt there is a lot of chatting going on in gen chat.

Thinking about it and actually remembering to test it out to see if it's possible is also two different things. I think of a lot of things through out the day doesn't mean I will remember to do it or that I will have time to do it, also since they are on a dev server I doubt there is a lot of chatting going on in gen chat.

Again...

(...) I remember people discussing it previously on Reddit... And they're not exactly testing Strongholds, are they? (...)

Not that hard really.

Again...

Not that hard really.

OK so basically you expect the devs to think of every LITTLE detail ahead of time so they know how everything works and can give a yes or no Answer?

Sorry it doesn't work that way no one and I MEAN NO ONE can be expected to think of absolutely every little detail when designing something. :(

OK so basically you expect the devs to think of every LITTLE detail ahead of time so they know how everything works and can give a yes or no Answer?

Sorry it doesn't work that way no one and I MEAN NO ONE can be expected to think of absolutely every little detail when designing something. :(

It's a fairly basic detail, not to mention logical truth be told.

Was kind of sad to see that the DK Stronghold was the exact same floor plan as the Coruscant - I mean I get that they want to make it "Equal" but most of us will have all 4 and I think they should have gone with a completely different floor plan for all strongholds...

IN the end, I actually liked the Coruscant one better - which is surprising cause I like DK better...

It's a fairly basic detail, not to mention logical truth be told.

I didn't even consider it until they mentioned it on the stream. They like us are only Human and like all humans they make mistakes or over look things even something as basic as "can a pub char see and interact with imp chat on DK".

I didn't even consider it until they mentioned it on the stream. (...)

It's their job to consider what the average Joe doesn't.

(...) They like us are only Human and like all humans they make mistakes or over look things even something as basic as "can a pub char see and interact with imp chat on DK".

Being human and noticing the obvious from afar, from a developer perspective, are separate things. Again, it's basic.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Thanks, Dulfy. You are truly awesome.

And what I want to see as a new stronghold. . . ALDERAAN. Please Alderaan. I want an Alderaan palace so badly. Also, talking about Manaan, they should give us an underwater stronghold.

Thanks, Dulfy. You are truly awesome.

And what I want to see as a new stronghold. . . ALDERAAN. Please Alderaan. I want an Alderaan palace so badly. Also, talking about Manaan, they should give us an underwater stronghold.

Don't know about the Manaan one. Think about it you are a Dark side SW with a Dark Side Jaesa that you are married to and you look at another woman. that night you go to bed and wake up underwater because she turned off the barrier holding back the water or broke out a window. :(

I didn't even consider it until they mentioned it on the stream. They like us are only Human and like all humans they make mistakes or over look things even something as basic as "can a pub char see and interact with imp chat on DK".

It's their job.

They need to think of this, because what if there is no General Chat? Could it literally break the entire game that Republic people don't have General Chat on DK in the same way that 16m GF broke the game? Would it simply crash chat all together?

They don't know, so they need to design and test these aspects as they can have huge repercussions.

It's their job.

They need to think of this, because what if there is no General Chat? Could it literally break the entire game that Republic people don't have General Chat on DK in the same way that 16m GF broke the game? Would it simply crash chat all together?

They don't know, so they need to design and test these aspects as they can have huge repercussions.

Part of my job is designing a disaster recover plan for my Company in case of a natural disaster I have to do this yearly so I have to consider a lot of different scenarios and such. Which means working under your logic since it's my job I'm responsible if say a Volcano erupts in the middle of Downtown KS and destroys the company building in part or in full just because I never considered the possibility of a Volcano in a state not known for them ?

Edited by Anaesha

Part of my job is designing a disaster recover plan for my Company in case of a natural disaster I have to do this yearly so I have to consider a lot of different scenarios and such. Which means working under your logic since it's my job I'm responsible if say a Volcano erupts in the middle of Downtown KS and destroys the company building in part or in full just because I never considered the possibility of a Volcano in a state not known for them ?

That's completely different.

A volcano? Ridiculously low odds.

But, they'd been talking about which chat to use in each stronghold so surely this should have crossed their mind.

But it doesn't matter, it would have been discovered in testing at least.

The real solution here is to just hire me :p

Here you go again exaggerating wildly again....mixing chat channels hardly compares to a vulcano erupting in the middle of town, now does it?