Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since KOTOR: Manaan

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kintosi
07.19.2014 , 08:41 AM | #101
watching the update stream, i noticed several items with a Manaan theme. Specifically, a fern-like plant, and a kolto tank. One of them listed it's source as "Flashpoint: Manaan". so there you have it. Manaan is a flashpoint, likely a level 55 tactical FP, continuing their new story arc with cheap content.
Kintosi Nalyd - Jedi Weaponsmaster
'Squadron 367' 'Regulators'

<RCOD>

Aussie
07.19.2014 , 08:41 AM | #102
I thought manaan was scheduled to be the next, part 2 of the forged alliances storyline tactical flashpoint "planet" for 2.9 patch and not a full blown "makeb size" expansion planet like some here are thinking. Though I do agree with a few other people in the community a manaan themed stronghold would be cool to see.
OMEGA Guild From SWG-Wanderhome

sandisrd
07.19.2014 , 08:54 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Kintosi View Post
watching the update stream, i noticed several items with a Manaan theme. Specifically, a fern-like plant, and a kolto tank. One of them listed it's source as "Flashpoint: Manaan". so there you have it. Manaan is a flashpoint, likely a level 55 tactical FP, continuing their new story arc with cheap content.
I watched the stream as well, and source for that big Selkath Kolto tank was (Cartel market, Gatekepper's pack), but there was a Selkath solar sculpture, sourced as (Flashpoint Manaan), it's on the third SWTOR twitch live stream about strongholds (aired: 17/07/14), minute 47:13...

So as much as I wanted Manaan to be a playable planet, it's a Flashpoint...
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

crestdragon
07.19.2014 , 09:34 AM | #104
we want to see Manaan, a city, a flash point and a pvp zone with it, some new acitvitys with the city. im sure it wont be just a fp and will have all this stuff, no one should give up hope and write if off as just a new fp, we will learn more as time goes on, I know its gonna be a new great expansion update with good content. the developers listens to the community and they extended the player housing release date because of feed back form the comunity

HiddenPalm
07.19.2014 , 10:11 AM | #105
Just being part of the echo here ... New Planet is welcome with the raise in the Level Cap, Swimming, Underwater Stronghold, Mounts that swim underwater, more immersive Cantinas with minigames like Pazaak and Holochess (Dejarik), and two new playable species.

Good introduction by the way.
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.GrassrootsJedi.org *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Altyrell
07.19.2014 , 10:17 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by FeniceNera View Post
Hopefully they will tease something during the stream today...

Btw, I haven't finished playing Kotor, but from what I remember in Kotor era the empire was supposed extinct. How could the empire have an embassy then?
Since no one had bothered to answer you, I will. The Sith that had the embassy there was part of Revan/Malak's Sith Empire and not exactly from the True Sith Empire [aka the Sith Empire of this Game]

BuriDogshin
07.19.2014 , 10:44 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
You must have missed the part of the datalog where it states the Sith Bombarded the Planet and destroyed Ahto City
We can rebuild it. We can make it better than it was ...
Oh, sorry, wrong fictional universe.
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.

BuriDogshin
07.19.2014 , 10:49 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenPalm View Post
Just being part of the echo here ... New Planet is welcome with the raise in the Level Cap, Swimming, Underwater Stronghold, Mounts that swim underwater, more immersive Cantinas with minigames like Pazaak and Holochess (Dejarik), and two new playable species.
Do not set your expectations too high, or you will be sure to be disappointed.

"That was worst things about Christmas for me as a kid: getting underwear instead of a cool Lego Star Wars set. I'd have rage-quit my parents if I could have." -- just kidding, but you get the point.
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.

yoomazir
07.19.2014 , 11:08 AM | #109
I love these lore posts.

errant_knight
07.19.2014 , 11:22 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by ThermalKandalf View Post
Idk why people crying for a new class or story??? As i know that game is a mmo and not KotOR game cause to play with friends and so is more fun than playing alone.
Only commenting briefly so as not to derail the thread, but people ask for story content because that was the games whole premise originally--meshing story content of single player depth with mmo gameplay. It's what makes swtor unique among mmos. In fact, it *is* Kotor.

Back to Manaan.... Any story content is appreciated, but I hope it has more dialogue and choice opportunities than the introductory segment of the new arc. Don't get me wrong. I loved what was there and it was pretty cool to fight our way through our ruined starter planets, but I'd like to see the next instalment have more dialogue.

I'd also prefer that they move away from tactical fps. They're far too easy, lack strong mechanics, and teach new players horrific gameplay habits. That being said, I suspect they'll bring out at least a couple more so that players who *do* like them will have more GF choices available. I'm ok with that, as long as they beef up the interactions/plot elements. I'll be glad when they start fiving us fps like Kaon and The Foundry again, though.

All in all, very excited about Manaan.