Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware need to MERGE servers !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware need to MERGE servers !

Pistols
07.18.2014 , 10:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
2 out of the past 4 days it has existed quite nicely on PoT5 in Oricon. But you're right, the PvP community as a whole has no drive to do it themselves. Bioware has to spood feed incentives for every single thing, the community won't do anything at all but complain if there isn't a karrot placed infront of them. I am proud of PoT5 for keeping up OWPvP skirmishes, fighting back and forming up when gank fests are happening is a great time. The only incentive has been the pure PvP experience itself.
Lag incentives don't usually get players to want to OWPvP.

Keldaur
07.18.2014 , 10:28 AM | #12
Cross server queues.

Pistols
07.18.2014 , 10:36 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Keldaur View Post
Cross server queues are not coming to TOR.
/fixed

LanceCorporalDan
07.18.2014 , 11:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Lag incentives don't usually get players to want to OWPvP.
You can get medium sized battles (30 v 30) without much lag problem.

I think the last large scale server pvp event I attended on JM had around 80 pubs vs 60 imps, not counting instance 2? (Can't recall for certain but wouldn't be too hard to dig for it.) and that had noticeable lag. So yes lag definitely turns people off of larger engagements, but tbh... Those are organized so rarely in the community. More commonly we see 4-30 people on either side fighting, and without terrible lag interference.

I do agree the engine just can't seem to hold much more than that, and if bw were to want to develop wpvp further (which they don't lol ) then that would be the first thing they would have to address IMO.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

ZooMzy
07.18.2014 , 01:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
You can get medium sized battles (30 v 30) without much lag problem.

I think the last large scale server pvp event I attended on JM had around 80 pubs vs 60 imps, not counting instance 2? (Can't recall for certain but wouldn't be too hard to dig for it.) and that had noticeable lag. So yes lag definitely turns people off of larger engagements, but tbh... Those are organized so rarely in the community. More commonly we see 4-30 people on either side fighting, and without terrible lag interference.

I do agree the engine just can't seem to hold much more than that, and if bw were to want to develop wpvp further (which they don't lol ) then that would be the first thing they would have to address IMO.
We had a 15 v 15 war on Tat a few days back and there was plenty lag. 30 v 30, especially with AOEs and other flashy abilities all going off at once will cause considerable lag.

This game's engine is a joke for anything past 10v10, to be honest.

As for the topic, I'd like to see a merge as a member of a server whose community is basically extinct in regards to quality players and groups/guilds.