Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Squashed graphics

DarkSlabHD
12.13.2011 , 09:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurgrayden View Post
I hate to be the one to bring it up, but the desktop support tech in me demands it... Is all of your bios/firmware/drivers up to date? Also, what is your resolution and dpi set to?
All of my stuff is up to date. I've even tried a few different driver builds. I do have my dpi set to 125% though. I play on my TV so I sit a ways away from it. Would that even cause a problem.

Koriel
12.14.2011 , 12:51 AM | #12
My characters are slightly squashed but not as bad as the OP's screenshot. I'm using a GTX 560 video card. I've tried 2 different drivers.

Searching the web I found another guy with the same problem. His display looks idential to mine. He's using a 560 Ti video card and different drivers than mine. He posted his problem on the nVidia forums:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=217444

Here are some of his images:

Stretched image on 560 Ti
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/3...eaglefront.jpg

For comparison: unstretched image on his wife's ATI 4350
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...dreyafront.jpg

Both of us are playing on widescreen monitors. Mine is 2048 x 1152. It appears the resolution is not adjusting for widesceen correctly. It's as if it were displaying a narrower resolution then stretching the image to fit the screen. I noticed that people reporting this problem are all using the nVidia 560 family of video cards.
(██████████████████]█ΞΞΞΞΞΞ█][█ΞΞΞΞΞΞ█[██████████████████)

Sethbacca
12.14.2011 , 05:45 AM | #13
Weird, my game was running perfectly last night, but is squashed on the horizontal this morning. Everybody in game looks anorexic but all my menus and toolbars look perfectly fine. It's weird.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{█████████OBSCURRUM TORRENS██████████████ị

commandoExo
12.14.2011 , 05:50 AM | #14
can you resize your resolution ?
and check if your video card OpenGl is check ?
or could be driver issue with video card.
any those could do it.
and I am taken a random guess here.
Beta tester
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION OWNER.

Psychomodo
12.14.2011 , 05:52 AM | #15
Just made a thread about this. Didn't see this one.

DJOllieVee
12.14.2011 , 06:01 AM | #16
What resolution are you guys running this in and have you tried using a different resolution to the one you are currently on? Lastly what is the size and default resolution of your monitor?
Recruitment Officer for the Tatooine People's Front NOT the People's Front of Tatooine
SPLITTERS!
RIP . Gone but not forgotten.

Sethbacca
12.14.2011 , 06:14 AM | #17
1440x900 on the monitor and resolution I'm running the game at. Like I said, it ran perfectly when I logged off last night and looked great, this morning everyone in the game looks like they could stand to eat a sandwich. It's like some kind of Supermodel MMO.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{█████████OBSCURRUM TORRENS██████████████ị

Oawe
12.14.2011 , 06:19 AM | #18
In LOTRO I had an issue that looked like that once. Turns out it was just the aspect ratio that needed changed. Don't know if SWTOR has this option and if it does then I'm sure you have already tried this. If not then see if there's a way to adjust your game's aspect ratio.

Koriel above looks like she's done some research.
"No Stone Unturned!" - Well...almost no stone.

67% Explorer, 60% Achiever, 47% Socializer, 27% Killer

DJOllieVee
12.14.2011 , 06:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sethbacca View Post
1440x900 on the monitor and resolution I'm running the game at. Like I said, it ran perfectly when I logged off last night and looked great, this morning everyone in the game looks like they could stand to eat a sandwich. It's like some kind of Supermodel MMO.
Do you have an 'Auto' button on your monitor? Sometimes that helps also the person who posted above me has a good answer too. Double check the Aspect Ratio and make sure it hasn't changed.

If there isn't a specific option for it in the settings then check the actual resolutions because it might have changed for some strange reason. It might say something like 1440x900 4:3 etc. If that is the case then change it to 16:9 or 16:10.
Recruitment Officer for the Tatooine People's Front NOT the People's Front of Tatooine
SPLITTERS!
RIP . Gone but not forgotten.

redneon
12.14.2011 , 06:28 AM | #20
I've tried multiple resolutions, different graphics settings, enabling and disabling vertical sync and windowed and full screen mode but nothing seems to fix it for me.

EDIT: At the risk of derailing this thread... DJOllieVee, what about the Popular front?