Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operations: Where to start?

chillshock
08.05.2014 , 06:27 AM | #11
Heh... I'm mostly like the OP.

I did my share of pve raiding during wow: classic 40 man raidlead up to cata raidlead & maintank at the same time (and I SUCK at doing two things at the same time!. So in swtor I just did what I liked most anyways: solo pvp.

However every now and then I get the idea "hey, why not look at pve and ops and flashpoints and all that for a change." - Then I find posts like this and realize I'd only be doing it for the story, maybe. And that's definately nothing I'd be willing to grind gear for a few weeks. Even though that gear might actually improve any attemts at dailies (queue times) over my brutalizer (okok, there's one or two items not upgraded, yet... takes time when being averse to arenas ).

So question is: Would my (anni-mara) brutalizer gear be ok for PvE - meaning: Am I getting gimped via expertise or is that a clean bonus-stat? And if is is mostly good for pve: What level of pve? Yeah I'd get some mods for accuracy, I guess.

TACeMossie
08.05.2014 , 07:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by chillshock View Post
Heh... I'm mostly like the OP.

I did my share of pve raiding during wow: classic 40 man raidlead up to cata raidlead & maintank at the same time (and I SUCK at doing two things at the same time!. So in swtor I just did what I liked most anyways: solo pvp.

However every now and then I get the idea "hey, why not look at pve and ops and flashpoints and all that for a change." - Then I find posts like this and realize I'd only be doing it for the story, maybe. And that's definately nothing I'd be willing to grind gear for a few weeks. Even though that gear might actually improve any attemts at dailies (queue times) over my brutalizer (okok, there's one or two items not upgraded, yet... takes time when being averse to arenas ).

So question is: Would my (anni-mara) brutalizer gear be ok for PvE - meaning: Am I getting gimped via expertise or is that a clean bonus-stat? And if is is mostly good for pve: What level of pve? Yeah I'd get some mods for accuracy, I guess.
Brutalizer = 162s = Arkanian, so if you get your accuracy to 100% you are not only good for all SM operations, but also HM Scum and Villainy/Terror from Beyond/Toborros Courtyard/Event Operations (Eyeless, Xenoanalyst) AND all level 50 raid content including its nightmare versions

But yeah, expertise is a worst-case scenario of -2 of a stat, so just replace the crystals temporarily and you'll be good.
And if you respec to carnage, you wont need as much accuracy
Kwerty, Level 65 Vanguard/Powertech on The Harbinger

3.0 Guides: Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide
4.0 Guides: Advanced Prototype | Pyrotech

ML_DoubleTap
08.05.2014 , 08:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
I guess my question is, which one or two should i focus on trying to bone up on?
Personally I'd start by boning either Brontes or Bestia, but your preference may vary.
Bonkurz