Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Drakolich's Ship builds

Verain
10.19.2014 , 05:59 PM | #11
I like Salana much better at that, tbh. Communications is probably the best boost in there, especially when it comes to getting data on tabbables who are trying to ambush you, and sensor radius and sensor focus are both close, but I'll take sensor focus if given the choice.

Meanwhile, I think that a stealth build is not bad, and you definitely are taking the dampening sensors, and whats his face is better for that. I just, I mean, normally I run range sensors on a type 1.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Drakkolich
10.19.2014 , 06:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
I like Salana much better at that, tbh. Communications is probably the best boost in there, especially when it comes to getting data on tabbables who are trying to ambush you, and sensor radius and sensor focus are both close, but I'll take sensor focus if given the choice.

Meanwhile, I think that a stealth build is not bad, and you definitely are taking the dampening sensors, and whats his face is better for that. I just, I mean, normally I run range sensors on a type 1.
I like the Dampening builds on gunships as your team is usually doing the spotting for you, I would obviously prefer communication/dampening but we can't have everything all the time. I'd love to say I'm going to test it out and get back to you however sensors are such a small part of builds that I don't think it really matters.

To be honest I'm going to give this new guy a shot and whoever's voices I prefer are going to be who I choose. :P
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Verain
10.20.2014 , 08:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
To be honest I'm going to give this new guy a shot and whoever's voices I prefer are going to be who I choose. :P
Try out Scorpio! Her voice is sex and vodka over ice, and everything she talks about is murder.

I've actually gotten pretty good at using Suppression on my imperial ships. It's surprisingly not bad for peeling, but I wouldn't put it on a recommended guide or anything.

Verain
10.20.2014 , 08:36 AM | #14
Oh, you left this out:

Trollmark/Trollpoint
Primary: Light Laser Cannon (Accuracy/Hull damage)
Secondary: Thermite Torpedo (Extra Arc/DoT duration)
System: Combat Command (not tensor/not tensor)
Shield: Repair Probe (ammo)
Engine: Power Dive (Turn)
Armor: Lightweight Armor
Capacitor: Frequency Capacitor
Sensor: Communication Sensor
Reactor: Large Reactor
Copilot Ability: Wingman

Strategy: Take this lil' beaut out for a spin and your team has to run TWO snigglepoints to get Tensor! Run up to everyone, pop your accuracy things, and point blank them right in their enemyface! Then poop a repair probe in a corner or, alternatively, like just near nothing at all. Just like, super duper so far away.

PROTIP: Since you're Drakolich, you'll do great damage in a jalopy, so be sure to point to the fact that you can still contribute, to a degree, in this monstrous build.

Drakkolich
10.20.2014 , 01:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
PROTIP: Since you're Drakolich, you'll do great damage in a jalopy, so be sure to point to the fact that you can still contribute, to a degree, in this monstrous build.
Lmao, this was my favorite part, you get so mad at me when I play really dumb builds and then say "hey look 70k damage clearly viable right?". :P
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

mandoforlife
10.21.2014 , 08:14 AM | #16
It's funny, whenever I see Quell/Pike builds posted on here it's almost always a Cluster/Proton build. By far the Quell is my favorite ship, and it's the ship I best decimate with- I don't know why, but it just clicks with me. However no matter how many times I try to use Proton Torps, I can never get the feel for them. I run with Clusters/Concussions, and it wrecks. The Concs don't have as long a range as Protorps, but the faster lock on time is worth it to me. I built my Quell for all-round sat clearing and patrolling, and I find it works well in the tighter confines. Nothing against Proton users of course, they definitely make use of it.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

Verain
10.21.2014 , 08:20 AM | #17
I think cluster/conc is the highest damage of the Pikes, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best. What I like about cluster/proton is that you have all the surgical threat and swap of any proton build, plus a high dps missile for close range.

But cluster/concussion is a very solid build for a Pike. You know, if you are gonna run a Pike.

Drakkolich
10.21.2014 , 01:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mandoforlife View Post
It's funny, whenever I see Quell/Pike builds posted on here it's almost always a Cluster/Proton build. By far the Quell is my favorite ship, and it's the ship I best decimate with- I don't know why, but it just clicks with me. However no matter how many times I try to use Proton Torps, I can never get the feel for them. I run with Clusters/Concussions, and it wrecks. The Concs don't have as long a range as Protorps, but the faster lock on time is worth it to me. I built my Quell for all-round sat clearing and patrolling, and I find it works well in the tighter confines. Nothing against Proton users of course, they definitely make use of it.
I've played many games as Cluster/Concussion as well, It's a great build does tons of damage, It's also really fun if you wanna do a missile only game. The reason I usually run protorps on my quell/pike though is really simple, I don't use it in competitive games at all, I don't feel its strong enough to use it in those. So it becomes a "for fun" ship. I LOVE protons, the explosion, the range, the difficulty of actually landing it, the satisfaction that comes with a proton crit on someone that hasn't been hit by anything else. The cluster missiles provide me with the ability to waste my opponents missile breaks which afterwards I proton them.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

havokhead
01.17.2015 , 09:35 AM | #19
/bump
-J'exx [Nova Squadron]

-Stiletto[Eclipse Squadron]

Drakkolich
09.17.2015 , 04:45 AM | #20
Updated my ship builds

Changes:

Sting:
Ammo on cluster to Range
Engineer crew from 2V-R8 13% Engine efficiency/ 13% Blaster efficiency to Blizz 13% Engine efficiency/ 10% Engine Pool

Rycer:
Cluster missile (Ammo/Double Volley) to Concussion Missile (Range/Slow)
Engineer crew from 2V-R8 13% Engine efficiency/ 13% Blaster efficiency to Blizz 13% Engine efficiency/ 10% Engine Pool

Legion:
Aoe on seeker mine to Extra mine
Tactical crew from Salana Rok 5000m Communication/3500m to Scorpio 3000m Radius/3500m Focus
Copilot ability Wingman to Suppression

Mangler:
Crit chance on Slug railgun to Extra damage
Slow on Ion Railgun to No regen
Engineer crew from Aven Geth 13% Engine efficiency/ 10% Blaster Pool to Blizz 13% Engine efficiency/ 10% Engine Pool
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream