Juggernaut PvP gear

RSKeogh

I have a guardian and scoundrel fully geared for ranked PvP and am starting to gear a juggernaut tank. I have a spec for PvP that I'm happy with but what I'm unsure of is gearing. I have looked at deltias gaming and although his gear set up certainly looks good I have also seen people use a 2 piece of the vindicator set and the rest war leader in order to get the two set bonus.

What I guess I'm asking is what do you feel is better, going for war leader or getting a couple of vindicator pieces to get both set bonuses. Please do leave a Mr robot gear set up if you can. Thanks all :)

Deltias gaming tank gear: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/1da8fb5f-b515-4c68-9273-2b6c7179bc4f

(I know this is obroan but you get the idea)

Honestly, it depends on how you plan to play. If you group up or do a lot of ranked, get full tank gear with the 2 vindicator armorings. This is because in group play your job is to guard, disrupt, taunt, and CC and depend on your group for dps.

However, if you solo queue regs a lot, you're better off speccing full Vengeance and switch to tank stance if you want to guard. It's not as tanky as full tank or hybrid, but it does the job well enough in regs while maintaining a lot of damage. If you're careful with focus management you can still pull 1k+ dps in tank stance. To gear for this, wear a shield and a couple tank implants wirh a fortitude stim. Don't drop under 70 percent surge with this setup. Full vindicator set bonus.

Honestly, it depends on how you plan to play. If you group up or do a lot of ranked, get full tank gear with the 2 vindicator armorings. This is because in group play your job is to guard, disrupt, taunt, and CC and depend on your group for dps.

However, if you solo queue regs a lot, you're better off speccing full Vengeance and switch to tank stance if you want to guard. It's not as tanky as full tank or hybrid, but it does the job well enough in regs while maintaining a lot of damage. If you're careful with focus management you can still pull 1k+ dps in tank stance. To gear for this, wear a shield and a couple tank implants wirh a fortitude stim. Don't drop under 70 percent surge with this setup. Full vindicator set bonus.

I do a lot of ranked PvP so I guess the 2 vindicator pieces are better. Once you explained it I finally understood why people use both set bonus. Cheers :)

and.... what about min/max tank gear (included 2 Vendicator Armor) ?

how many Def, Shield, Absorb? Saw people go for Def and Shield solo, but I'm wondering why as Absorb is the efficency of your shield...

thanks a lot