Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stronghold Decoration Suggestions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MDondelinger
07.16.2014 , 09:41 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Everybody,

With Strongholds being released soon, the Cartel Market team is looking for suggestions of decorations that players would like to see in their Stronghold.

Suggestions can be general types of decoration like posters, chairs, lamps, giant missiles, etc.

Suggestions can be specific in game objects. An example would be, "I would really like the blood pool from the Blood Legacy quest on Korriban." (The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for the team to track down the item)

Suggestions can also be objects not currently in SWTOR. An example would be, "I would like to put a Star Forge on my Stronghold's front lawn."

We are looking for any and all suggestions so please don't hold back.

Thanks in advance!

DarthTHC
07.16.2014 , 09:52 AM | #2
I want to put armor and weapons on stands, not on companions, for display. The main reason for this is that I want the armor to appear as armor, not holos, when on different characters.

I want Treek rotating on a spit over a campfire. While we're at it, I want Gungan ears mounted like we mount moose antlers here on Earth, to mount over my mantle.

I want a garage into which I can place all my speeders, and I have a lot of them.

Chemmie
07.16.2014 , 09:53 AM | #3
Actual Mannequins to put our tier gear on.

Companions do not work, first of all many companions don't even show the gear they are wearing, 2nd the old tier gear had armor types so a light armor wearer can not model heavy armor

These would look AWESOME in the hallways. They don't need any type of structure or anything underneath just something to hold the armor together that we worked for in the previous tiers to show off. Or even do some type of achievement list collecting the tier pieces to give the actual mannequin with the armor on. Whichever would be easier for development.
www.TorCommunity.com

"Chemayla's SWTOR Styles" is now part of the TorCommunity fansite check us out there.

crubel
07.16.2014 , 09:55 AM | #4
I would like to see a mannequin that I can place a set of armor on.

I would like to see a rack or display case of some sort that we can add a weapon or multiple weapons to for display.

I would like to see some other objects that can take pets or vehicles as an item, such as a cage for a pet, or some object/set that looks like a vehicle is being worked on. Think of a mechanic where your car is raised up and there are tools lying around.

Thanks

Costello
07.16.2014 , 09:55 AM | #5
A Wookie Skin rug to sit before the fire where little sith can play awaiting Jolly Old Darth Marr to bring them presents.

Jmenks
07.16.2014 , 09:56 AM | #6
I have a strong feeling we will see 10+ dev posts in here on the first day of this thread, compared to the "Have a WZ idea?" thread. Which has sooooo many different suggestions and has been a ghost town for 3+ months. That communication!
Xekshek
Saber of Exar Kun
http://www.twitch.tv/xekshek

znihilist
07.16.2014 , 09:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MDondelinger View Post
Hello Everybody,

With Strongholds being released soon, the Cartel Market team is looking for suggestions of decorations that players would like to see in their Stronghold.

Suggestions can be general types of decoration like posters, chairs, lamps, giant missiles, etc.

Suggestions can be specific in game objects. An example would be, "I would really like the blood pool from the Blood Legacy quest on Korriban." (The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for the team to track down the item)

Suggestions can also be objects not currently in SWTOR. An example would be, "I would like to put a Star Forge on my Stronghold's front lawn."

We are looking for any and all suggestions so please don't hold back.

Thanks in advance!
Actually the blood pool is a good suggestion.

BuriDogshin
07.16.2014 , 10:01 AM | #8
A scale model of the area where the final stage of TFB occurs.

In fact, a big room where you can place scale models of many boss-fight areas and arenas would be cool.
Such a "Map Room" would be especially cool as a feature on a guild flagship, so people can use it to explain the fights.

Probably asking to much to be able to place little character holos on the scale models tho ...

AlrikFassbauer
07.16.2014 , 10:01 AM | #9
I'd like to see the current Cartel Market And From Elsewhere Holostatues to be available for display in the Stronghold, too (Dr. Oggurobb, Revan, Bastila Shan, Darth Malgus, Holo-Rancor (the really small one), Live Day Tree ...

Having Holo-Statues of the biggest defeated foes and heroes would be nice as well, like Holo-Statues from the Dread Masters ... Or Toborro ... Or Rycus Kilran ... Or the Kell Dragon (full size) ... Terror From Beyond would be far too big ...
"Just say no." If you feel like you are only there for generating Comms for someone else, then just stay away from PvP. Don't let yourself get farmed !

ghoul_drool
07.16.2014 , 10:04 AM | #10
First one I thought of: that AMAZING animated star map of Tulak Hord that is seen when one completes the final class quest of the Inquisitor on Korriban.

Also, many Coruscant and other 'urban' areas have a ground placeable that's basically a pile of scrap metal junk. While many players would choose a nice and neat Stronghold, I definitely want a lived-in feel. Do not forget the 'trash' placeables so we can make a proper mess!