Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling
07.15.2014 , 10:17 AM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 2: The Empire of Plagues vs The Imperial Droid Division

Welcome to the second round of Kaggath Battlegrounds! Where instead of the entire galaxy, combatants will compete in planetary arena, where every soldier, stronghold and ship counts.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. But the Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules:

• The arena: Taris – see the faction rundowns for BOEs.
  • #1 The Kaggath is won or lost when the leader of either faction is killed.
  • #2 No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • #3 No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • #4 No surrender, fight to the death!
  • #5 Apathy is death. Factions are not allowed to hide or wait. They must act.
  • #6 Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • #7 Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their faction’s decisions, this is instead determined by the nature of their leadership.

Full Rulebook.

So, the combatants: Warren-Stride’s Empire of Plagues, otherwise known as Aeuso iv Rykste in the ancient Sith tongue, has infested the depths of Taris’ vast cityscape with a swarm of insectoids and monsters engineered by the great Karness Muur. Yet word of the coming plague as spread across the galaxy, and Silenceo’s Imperial Droid Division, an army of automatons, has answered the call – under the command of the ambitions Inquisitor Jerec they will do anything to exterminate the infestation. Yet first their Imperial fleet must break the Vong armada.

Behold the factions!

The Empire of Plagues
Base of Operations: The Undercity

Leadership

Head of State: Karness Muur
Second-in-Command: Lomi Plo
Allies: Eckard Lokin & Borborygmus Gog
Supplier: Yuuzhan Vong Shapers [Wayland]
Organisation: Imperial Biological Weapons Division [Byss]

Ground Forces

Major Ground Force: Killik Warriors [3,900]
Minor Ground Force: Nekghouls [100]

Light Vehicle: Voxyn [50]
Heavy Vehicle: Leviathan [6]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: Coralskipper
Bomber Class: Dartship
Elite Class: Yorik-vec assault cruiser

Light Capital Ship: A-vek liluunu [10]
Heavy Capital Ship: Miid Ro’ik [4]
Flagship: Legacy of Torment [Kor Chokk Grand Cruiser]

Naval Officers/Marines: Killiks

vs

The Imperial Droid Division
Base of Operations: The Upper City

Leadership

Head of State: Inquisitor Jerec
Second-in-Command: Admiral Trench
Allies: Desann & IG-88
Supplier: Arakyd Industries [Mechis III]
Organisation: Commerce Guild [Felucia]

Ground Forces

Major Ground Force: Phase I Dark Troopers [768]
Minor Ground Force: Phase II Dark Troopers [128]

Light Vehicle: Phase III Dark Trooper [21]
2nd Light Vehicle: Persuader-class droid enforcer [43]
Heavy Vehicle: OG-9 homing spider droid [21]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: TIE/D automated fighter
Bomber Class: GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat
Elite Class: Shadow Droids

Light Capital Ship: Strike-class medium cruiser [9]
2nd Light Capital Ship: Tartan-class corvette [15]
Heavy Capital Ship: Vindicator-class heavy cruiser [20]
Flagship: Allegiance-class battlecruiser [Vengeance]

Naval Officers/Marines: Galactic Empire

The Droid Division have issued the challenge, and their call has been answered. Only one will leave this world victorious. Will Taris be purged of Muur’s forces? Or will it be consumed and succumb to contagion? Its droids vs meatbags, but who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Warren-Stride
07.15.2014 , 10:18 AM | #2
~~Aeuso iv Rykste~~
Empire of Plagues
(AiR)

I don't expect everyone to read this whole thing, but as arguments come up, it would be worthwhile to check my information on those topics in this write-up. I'm really proud of this faction. This explains why.
Spoiler
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride
07.15.2014 , 10:19 AM | #3
Beni, you know I love you, but I also really, really hate you at the same time.

So this is Taris pre-bombardment, correct?
~~ AiR ~~

Beniboybling
07.15.2014 , 10:19 AM | #4
Wow. That was fast.

I didn't even have time to mention that the Arbiter for this match will be me!

Or apologise in advance for setting you up with the droidest faction of them all!

Selenial
07.15.2014 , 10:20 AM | #5
SEE.

I TOLD YOU.

I win lyfe.

I guess I have to stick with Canino on this, seeing as I helped him with his faction, I promise I'll support you next time though Warren (Deja Vu)
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
07.15.2014 , 10:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Beni, you know I love you, but I also really, really hate you at the same time.

So this is Taris pre-bombardment, correct?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-KR-14uXM&t=0m9s

But it had to be done, it was just too perfect. But I compensated by giving you the arena advantage.

And yes it is. All intact.

Warren-Stride
07.15.2014 , 10:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But it had to be done, it was just too perfect. But I compensated by giving you the arena advantage.
I'm not too sure about that. Good and bad things come with what you've given me planet-wise.

I do have to say that I like the premise of the debate though. The whole thing about AiR coming up from the undercity and the IDD swooping in to stop it. Cool concept for the battle.
~~ AiR ~~

Beniboybling
07.15.2014 , 10:24 AM | #8
Alright folks another thing I wanted to put here is some factoids about the planet. I'll be doing this for each round (I refrained from doing so in the last round because there wasn't much to comment on) in order to ensure each faction makes full use of the resources available to them. You don't have to use everything I mention but its worth a look:

Points of Interest

• Kebla Yurt’s Equipment Emporium and likely various other shops located within the Upper City traded in heavy weaponry and speeders prior to the Imperial occupation.

• The Tarisian military base is situated in the Upper City, established by Revan’s Sith Empire the base is equipped with a barracks, detention facility, repair facilities and heavy security.

• The famous Taris duelling ring located in the Upper City attracted many fierce combatants such as Bendak Starkiller, Ice, Twitch and the Mysterious Stranger.

• Zelka Forn’s medical facility run by Doctor Zelka Forn was a key proponent in the mass production of the Rakghoul serum after it was wrested from the hands of the Sith.

• Javyar’s Cantina in the Lower City was a frequent hangout for smugglers and bounty hunters.

• The Undercity sewers down to a lack of proper maintenance have become infested with rakghouls, and occupied by the criminal elements from the Tarisian lower levels.

Silenceo
07.15.2014 , 10:27 AM | #9
I will need time to come up with a more formal opening statement, but during that time, This is what I have to say...

"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Beniboybling
07.15.2014 , 10:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I'm not too sure about that. Good and bad things come with what you've given me planet-wise.

I do have to say that I like the premise of the debate though. The whole thing about AiR coming up from the undercity and the IDD swooping in to stop it. Cool concept for the battle.
The main advantage though is that you have a large population to work with, as a substitute for a non-organic army.

And yeah, again I just couldn't pass it up.