Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
07.15.2014 , 04:14 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
You're right, only F2P.
Well the point is to get players to subscribe isn't it?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
07.15.2014 , 09:58 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by LeJarC View Post
On top of that, it is also totally unbelievable to have a space ship there... since that is parked in the hangar up in the orbital station/spaceport so how could it possibly be parked outside on the pad of your stronghold...
Well, to be fair LeJarC, any game where I can summon my mount out of thin air in a puff of smoke, or get picked up indoors by a shuttle is a game I have to have a bit of a suspension of disbelief.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.15.2014 , 11:44 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Anaesha View Post
I think BW forgot to label them then.
One does not label such filthy things
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.15.2014 , 11:50 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
You're right, only F2P.
What upkeep costs are there for F2P anyway? Where is the accumulation of small expenses? The excessive attention to small amounts of money with a detrimental effect? The undesired price of upkeep?
Because AFAIK, you don't have any small fees that have to be paid over and over as a F2P player.
There are a couple of unlocks you can buy, but you don't have to buy them over and over exactly. In fact, you don't have to buy them at all.
And if you do buy them, you can buy them for in-game money.

So again, what's your point here?

Because right now your entire argument seems to boil down to "I'm being nickel and dimed because I don't get everything for free"
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

LeJarC's Avatar


LeJarC
07.16.2014 , 05:18 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Well, to be fair LeJarC, any game where I can summon my mount out of thin air in a puff of smoke, or get picked up indoors by a shuttle is a game I have to have a bit of a suspension of disbelief.
I'll grant you that one.

here's another. Companions that know the art of instantaneous lateral movement whereas I need to use speeders, taxi's or shuttles.
Sorry. No referral link here. Trust me! You don't want to....
lurker mode engaged until sub runs out.

LeJarC's Avatar


LeJarC
07.16.2014 , 05:44 AM | #66
Okay, so I was sarcastic in my original post. But honestly, the first thing that got asked on the stream when they showed a spaceship on a landing pad was this exact thing, will we be able to use it as our own. So obviously it's going to raise the same, wrong expectation with people that did not see the stream and get to see it when it goes live

And if that is the first thing that got asked, guess what the majority will be asking themselves when they see it the first time? And guess how many will have a reaction ranging from "what's the point then?" to beyond even what I posted?

I somehow can't help feeling that this won't be just a few. So it might have been better if they had skipped that option to put live size models there and instead gone for the table top model approach. Or maybe exclude the class space ship from the available models and limit it to only GSF models.

Actually, there's still time for that.
Sorry. No referral link here. Trust me! You don't want to....
lurker mode engaged until sub runs out.

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
07.16.2014 , 05:50 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Well the point is to get players to subscribe isn't it?

Not really and you know it as well.

undiess's Avatar


undiess
07.16.2014 , 06:50 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
What upkeep costs are there for F2P anyway? Where is the accumulation of small expenses? The excessive attention to small amounts of money with a detrimental effect? The undesired price of upkeep?
Because AFAIK, you don't have any small fees that have to be paid over and over as a F2P player.
There are a couple of unlocks you can buy, but you don't have to buy them over and over exactly. In fact, you don't have to buy them at all.
And if you do buy them, you can buy them for in-game money.

So again, what's your point here?

Because right now your entire argument seems to boil down to "I'm being nickel and dimed because I don't get everything for free"
At this point, I'm not going to go back and reiterate my original points just because you either 1.) have horrible comprehension or, 2.) came into this partway through and didn't see what I originally stated. Also to continue trying to debate the obvious excess in micro charges for F2P is pointless as it is well known that SWTOR's Cartel Market is excessive in it's charges and limitations for F2P players. My original post was specifically in regards to the stronghold. That F2P players are already faced with enough charges and shouldn't be faced with even more if they purchase a stronghold in an attempt to make subscriptions appear so much more "worth it" because of the "convenience". There is enough of that already. So, I'll not derail the thread further by listing every single unlock that is weekly only or every single limitation (such as credit limitation), that you are conveniently ignoring to try to make a weak point about the F2P in general. I've gotten my point across and let Bioware know that even a subscriber is fed up with the nickle and dime on Free To Play players, where they won't get to fully enjoy a stronghold that they purchase. Regardless of F2P or Subscriber, if you purchase that stronghold you should get the same benefit.

Kantaso's Avatar


Kantaso
07.16.2014 , 10:01 AM | #69
What did Eric tell Darth?

Spoiler
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY