Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jedimasterjac
07.15.2014 , 02:28 PM | #51
They've expressly said you can not access your stronghold through your ship, or your ship through your stronghold.

Each stronghold does have a landing pad, but it's not accessible to a player. You can place ships there, and the player-ship model is one of the options. However, it cannot be accessed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

XiamaraSimi
07.15.2014 , 03:13 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold. It's amazing that it's seen as a great business model to nickle and dime that much in this game. I get that profitablity is key in every spot an "unlock" is added, but this game is the worst example of nickle and diming in the F2P market.
Wow... so what perks do you think are acceptable to be sub only sheesh... there needs to be appealing incentives to get people to sub. Making only option no one cares about isn't a way to go, but added convenience, you can bet its incentive. I have many reaspns to sub, this would add another reason to the list.
The Xiamara Legacy Jung Ma Nightmare Squadron
Simi, Anyamara, Anyankha, Apollimi, Xiamara, Betanya, S'imi, Kitsune'tsuki, Shi'ara, Tayanna, Asuka
BIOWARE PLEASE FIX THE BROKEN IMPERIAL SOR INTROS, ITS BEEN 8+ MONTHS!

Heat-Wave
07.15.2014 , 03:15 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I want to highlight this post as everything DarthDymond said is correct. One quick clarification is that the option to travel directly to your ship is a subscriber only perk. Thanks!

-eric
You are patient and wise to not be drawn into the petty bickering and banter that goes back and fourth, but I would imagine it is amusing sometimes in the BW offices.

You also know that DarthDymond is likely to now quote you in his sig saying that you said, "everything DarthDymond said is correct."

Heat-Wave
07.15.2014 , 03:19 PM | #54
As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold. It's amazing that it's seen as a great business model to nickle and dime that much in this game. I get that profitablity is key in every spot an "unlock" is added, but this game is the worst example of nickle and diming in the F2P market.
Another way to look at it is the F2P model here is just the biggest, baddest, longest trial ever.

If you really like the game, sub, it is as simple as that. The restrictions on play are meant to be long and petty, or no one would sub.

Frankly, I think too much is given away for free as it is. I also would like to see a super premium sub option for $30 a month, that adds additional perks including removing all travel cool downs, adds another 10 toon slots per sever, and a few other things.

I'd pay it.

Reno_Tarshil
07.15.2014 , 03:20 PM | #55
"to expose to financial hardship by the accumulation of small expenses." -thefreedictionary.com
"the undesired price of upkeep for a certain item" -urbandictionary.com
"to treat (as a person or situation) by paying excessive attention to small amounts of money often with a detrimental effect" - merriam-webster.com
None of which applies to SWTOR.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Darth_Wicked
07.15.2014 , 03:21 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Heat-Wave View Post
You are patient and wise to not be drawn into the petty bickering and banter that goes back and fourth, but I would imagine it is amusing sometimes in the BW offices.

You also know that DarthDymond is likely to now quote you in his sig saying that you said, "everything DarthDymond said is correct."

He won't. That quote of his... It's Kain... Simon Templeman... He can't.
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent
YOU MISTAKE ME FOR YOUR OWN WEAK FLESH. I DO NOT END.

DarthDymond
07.15.2014 , 03:21 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Heat-Wave View Post

Actually I was thinking about adding this to my sig:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Dymond has this thread on lockdown, like a bawss.
But yeah, that may be even better!
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
He won't. That quote of his... It's Kain... Simon Templeman... He can't.
Oh don't worry, if I did it would be an addition, no way I'd be replacing my LoK shout-out.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Darth_Wicked
07.15.2014 , 03:26 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Oh don't worry, if I did it would be an addition, no way I'd be replacing my LoK shout-out.
Can you even have a sig that big?
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent
YOU MISTAKE ME FOR YOUR OWN WEAK FLESH. I DO NOT END.

Master_Hitsugaya
07.15.2014 , 04:01 PM | #59
I still wish I could do some form of ship customization like furniture or some upgrades to the outside of the ship like color and so on. But housing is a nice addon ether way.

undiess
07.15.2014 , 04:09 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
None of which applies to SWTOR.
You're right, only F2P.