Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Storage?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jeweledleah
07.16.2014 , 07:08 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Then dont call it legacy storage. I guarantee most people thought the exact same thing. With that said, how would it break the game? you can already bypass the majority of the gearing process with legacy gear. If they cared that much about it then they should remove legacy gear because as it stands people farm end game on 2-3 alts and just put it all in a legacy piece. Pointless restriction on legacy bank is pointless.
why not?

it IS legacy storage, as its a storage every character on your legacy can acess rather then individual storage units if individuals characters that only those characters can acess.

kina like... bind on legacy gear can potentially be worn by any character on your legacy, while bind on pickup gear is worn only by the character its bound to.

you guys ARE asking for bioware to remove current binding restrictions, essentially turn all bound items into bound on legacy items. you are asking them to remove a credit sink.

I'm amazed that people actualy expected this to happen.

and no it doesn't make the storage useless. are guild vaults useless? by your definition, they are. because they serve similar function to legacy storage - they allow multiple characters access singular consolidated storage space.

last but not least. i thought strongholds was supposed to be for fun? and I mean, it does sound like fun - decorating, deciding what goes where, collecting. something doesn't need to be super utilitarian to be fun. and contrary to some of the doom and gloom in this thread? legacy storage IS utilitarian.

eartharioch
07.16.2014 , 07:10 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
If they cared that much about it then they should remove legacy gear because as it stands people farm end game on 2-3 alts and just put it all in a legacy piece. Pointless restriction on legacy bank is pointless.
I'll definitely /sign to remove legacy gear's ability to move armorings, mods, enhancements, hilts, barrels, and crystals...don't need to remove the gear entirely, just make it so that BoL can only be transferred if there are no Bound modifications in it.

Legacy gear wasn't designed as way to let chars transfer modifications, the devs just decided to roll with it when people started doing it...probably because it had a significant cost (at least with end-game modifications -- chars could just craft or buy leveling modifications and mail them, or just mail the cash to the alt to purchase directly).
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Jeweledleah
07.16.2014 , 07:11 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhazgoth View Post
I'll state this again in a different manner.

All 180 crafted gear, whether its Implants, Ear Pieces, and Relics are all Bind on Equip. Which means all the hard work the progression raiders have put in to get their Left side is completely useless because its BoP where as someone who spends credits to gear up their toon's Left side will be able to put said ears, implants and relics into the legacy bank. How is this fair?
its fair becasue guess where all that crafted gear comes from? that's right - those raiders that put in hard "work" to clear content, multiple times. seeing as they are the only ones that can get the schematics in a first place since you cannot reverse engineer oriconian implants etc for schematics, only token pieces.

so... they either got their upgrades while having fun with their team, without having to pay exorbitant fees, and/or - they get to CHARGE those exorbitant fees as a result of doing all that "hard work"

Kurin
07.16.2014 , 07:12 PM | #254
I'll throw in my vote of confidence for the Dev team for NOT allowing bind on equip/pickup items in the legacy bank. SWTOR is the only MMO on the market that allows legacy transfer of armor and weapons. We don't need the ultimate "I win" button of relics/ears/implants.

If the folks crying for this feature got what they wanted, and you could transfer implants and relics: Progression raiding teams would force their members to have identical alts (mirrors) and run everything twice, each week, shortening the progression time by half to fully gear out your left side, while doubling the expected amount of in game time. For example, since my ops team is not allowed to exploit Nefra, we are not quite done getting a second implant for everyone (this is in part due to having replaced 2 members during this time as well). However, if this legacy bank thing could unbind an implant, we'd all be done weeks ago, including the 4 implants I need for my tank/dps hybrid, and our 2 new members.

And that's why it shouldn't be done. Progression is too fast already. This would only make it insanely fast, and as an end game operations guy, which already has content coming out far too slow (imho), the last thing I want is to finish off the gearing game even faster, and sit on my hands even longer, waiting for the next content update.
<insert lots of characters here>- The Harbinger - Invictus guild.

Ratajack
07.16.2014 , 07:12 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhazgoth View Post
I'll state this again in a different manner.

All 180 crafted gear, whether its Implants, Ear Pieces, and Relics are all Bind on Equip. Which means all the hard work the progression raiders have put in to get their Left side is completely useless because its BoP where as someone who spends credits to gear up their toon's Left side will be able to put said ears, implants and relics into the legacy bank. How is this fair?
One is BOE and one is BOP. What part of BOE =/= BOP is so difficult to understand?

Once that BOE earpiece is equipped, it is bound to character and no longer able to be placed in the legacy storage.

idnewton
07.16.2014 , 07:13 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?
As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage.
No one labeled it better than you...
this issue
This is, indeed, an issue. I mean, yay, we can craft using mats from a central source... yippee... that's pretty much the only thing Legacy Storage has added though. You have the opportunity to make your playerbase happy and to make more money. Take this opportunity.

Personally I take the answer as a "We want to add this, but we'd rather roll out GSH on schedule than delay the update for this". If that's the case, I totally understand and agree with your decision. If it's a "good idea, but not currently in the cards" then I am not satisfied. This is a golden opportunity. Take your time, do it right, yes... but take this opportunity.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 17 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Ratajack
07.16.2014 , 07:18 PM | #257
Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?
As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Can I access my crafting materials from Legacy storage?
Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
I apologize for neglecting to say this earlier, but thank you for not allowing bound to character items to be placed in legacy storage.

You have made many players very happy with this decision. I, for one, hope that you do not decide to change it in the future.

MitchPB
07.16.2014 , 07:20 PM | #258
So this was gonna be the best part of 2.9 for raiders and personally the only thing i cared about in galactic ****holds you've gone and ruined it. GG bioware

Jeweledleah
07.16.2014 , 07:21 PM | #259
incidentally. correct me if I'm wrong,... but... what MMO that has shared storage, allows BoP items to be placed into shared storage and withdrawn by alts? I'm pretty sure ESO doesn't. I'm VERY sure Neverwinter doesn't. and those are just two that I played personally.

just curious. because I'm trying to figure out where exactly this assurance that shared storage MUST be able to hold bind on pickup items is coming from. cause possibility of that happening didn't even occur to me, until some people started demanding it, or its "RUINED FOREVAH!"

Warrgames
07.16.2014 , 07:24 PM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
incidentally. correct me if I'm wrong,... but... what MMO that has shared storage, allows BoP items to be placed into shared storage and withdrawn by alts? I'm pretty sure ESO doesn't. I'm VERY sure Neverwinter doesn't. and those are just two that I played personally.

just curious. because I'm trying to figure out where exactly this assurance that shared storage MUST be able to hold bind on pickup items is coming from. cause possibility of that happening didn't even occur to me, until some people started demanding it, or its "RUINED FOREVAH!"
I'm pretty sure ESO does, since I played ESO. Since ESO had only 1 bank and that was an account bank. I used my bound armor from 1 character on another character.
"Such minds. Such fertile grounds." Dread Master Raptus
You were just told you have **** for brains by a Dread Master.