Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Storage?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kane_Ren
07.16.2014 , 11:04 AM | #131
If legacy storage doesn't let you move bound items, then it is completely pointless. We have storage and mail already, so why bother with it?
My legacy copes well as it is, there would be no reason to base my toons in a house that is nothing more than a time/credit sink with no features that I would have a use for.
The problem with droid jesus is that he jumps around too much, you'd think he'd be a lot easier to nail down.

Warrgames
07.16.2014 , 11:08 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Kane_Ren View Post
If legacy storage doesn't let you move bound items, then it is completely pointless. We have storage and mail already, so why bother with it?
My legacy copes well as it is, there would be no reason to base my toons in a house that is nothing more than a time/credit sink with no features that I would have a use for.
Your opinion is noted.
If it doesn't allow you to move bound items it is very useful to me.
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

Anaesha
07.16.2014 , 11:13 AM | #133
See the problem is when people think of bound items they are only thinking of Armors, Earpieces, implants, and relics. However, There are a lot of items such as Armor plating, Mods, Barrels/Hilts, and Enhancements that are bound so a specific char once used that instead of wasting them when your current char is done with them could be recycled and used on a new char without having to **** around with pulling them out of one armor, placing them into a legacy armor, mailing them, and then pulling the items out again.

Another Example all those XP boots we get during lvling to 55 that are bound to whatever char they are earned on could be put to real use on a new char instead of one who doesn't need them anymore.

Sangrar
07.16.2014 , 11:14 AM | #134
They still might make it possible to move bound items who knows. Right now its possible to use legacy gear to send bound mods over to other characters so if they allow that then they might allow bound items to go through legacy storage.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Forgettableone
07.16.2014 , 11:52 AM | #135
I only have one question - what's the maximum number of tabs?
Requiescat in Pace

Anaesha
07.16.2014 , 11:56 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgettableone View Post
I only have one question - what's the maximum number of tabs?
Based on the info we have LS seems to work almost exactly like Cargo Bays so there is a chance it only allows 5 tabs of course I would prefer more then 5 myself.

Sambril
07.16.2014 , 12:57 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Don't know if I missed it, or not, but what about multiple access points for Legacy Storage outside the strongholds (ie: Fleet, Planets, Guild Ships & Personal Starships)? Or will they only access points be Stronghold only?
It is a hook to get us to use strongholds and perhaps spend some CC on items for the stronghold. For now at least I think that it will not be accessible from outside.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

Khevar
07.16.2014 , 01:36 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Kane_Ren View Post
Centralized crafting mats?
One location to find gear?

I've got enough alts that I've occasionally LOST gear. Once (right after 2.0 dropped), I figured some bug caused a vital piece of my gear to be completely deleted. I was about to open a ticket when I finally found it on Tab 4 of Toon 6's cargo hold.

Legacy storage has plenty of uses that don't involve eliminating BoP from the game.

Transcendent
07.16.2014 , 02:29 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Can I transfer Bind on Pickup (BoP) items through my Legacy Storage?
This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

I hope that answers most of the bigger questions you have.

-eric
Thanks for the information, that last part is possibly the one answer that i'd like to see above most of the rest of them.

How would this affect account wide unlocks for Cartel Market items? Or Legacy Gear? It would make both of those obsolete if we could put BoP items in there and transfer them over, surely? I'm fine with it if it isn't for BoP items, as much as I would like to gear my Merc in some Commando endgame armour shells ().

If there is that limitation, is there any way to make Legacy endgame armour shells (just the shell, no mods etc) purchasable in the future, alongside normal endgame armour shells? Would be a nice addition and wouldn't affect Cartel Market revenue or Legacy Gear available at other vendors.

LordArtemis
07.16.2014 , 02:35 PM | #140
I would like to see it have the following:

1) Ability to hold bound items for use by other legacy characters.
2) Ability to deposit credits that can be used by other legacy characters.
3) Ability to draw crafting materials from the bank.

However, as long as it had 3, I can dismiss the absence of 1 and 2. Still, having all three would make strongholds a win for me for this specific reason, regardless of the type of decoration system used. The feature would add so much utility to the game that I can ignore the hook system and it's failings from my perspective.