Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best things to buy in the Cartel Market? (In your Opinion of course.)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Best things to buy in the Cartel Market? (In your Opinion of course.)

TX_Angel's Avatar


TX_Angel
07.16.2014 , 09:10 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
Sure, go and search for "merc contract" on GTN. Just make sure it's not the one that requires legacy 40+.
This is a big key point to note...

Once you're at Legacy Level 40, you can buy it for 1,000,000 credits from the droid in the Cartel Bazzar.

Until then, you have to buy it with CC or off the GTN from someone else who bought it from the CM.

On BC, it is running about 2 million credits for the unrestricted version.

Worth every penny... of course, to unlock on each alt, you have to spend either 350,000 per alt, or I think it is 700 CC once to unlock in collections. But that gets you treek for everyone.

Once you get HK (you have to do all the missions at lvl 50 one time), then you can unlock HK at lvl 1 on each new alt for 1,000,000 credits, or 320 CC. At that rate, he is a bargain at 320 CC, but it isn't a global unlock.

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
07.16.2014 , 10:41 AM | #32
I personally think that (if you have the credits), it's better to buy off the GTN and use CC for unlocking things in collections or anything else that may be CM exclusive (not sure what you can't find on the GTN).

I any case, credits or CC, Rocket Boots, and the account-wide inventory and cargo hold unlocks are (imo) the best things, followed closely by Treek if you plan on crafting (or -- shudder -- actually want to use it for combat).
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

LordMatthewS's Avatar


LordMatthewS
07.17.2014 , 05:50 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
I personally think that (if you have the credits), it's better to buy off the GTN and use CC for unlocking things in collections or anything else that may be CM exclusive (not sure what you can't find on the GTN).

I any case, credits or CC, Rocket Boots, and the account-wide inventory and cargo hold unlocks are (imo) the best things, followed closely by Treek if you plan on crafting (or -- shudder -- actually want to use it for combat).
I take it Treek isn't good at combat?
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

Kulyok's Avatar


Kulyok
07.17.2014 , 06:49 AM | #34
She's excellent in combat as a healer or a tank(she has both stances, you can change them as you wish). In fact, she might be the strongest companion in the game. Unfortunately, she's also really... verbose. That is, she has really long battle cries and after-the-battle phrases, and she talks a lot in her high, high, high voice. It might become a little annoying. Or very annoying.

I levelled at least two chars to 55 with her alone, though, and it worked great, so it's not that awful.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
07.17.2014 , 03:18 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
She's excellent in combat as a healer or a tank(she has both stances, you can change them as you wish). In fact, she might be the strongest companion in the game. Unfortunately, she's also really... verbose. That is, she has really long battle cries and after-the-battle phrases, and she talks a lot in her high, high, high voice. It might become a little annoying. Or very annoying.

I levelled at least two chars to 55 with her alone, though, and it worked great, so it's not that awful.
The character concept alone annoyed me (I am a certified Ewok and Gungan "non-fan"), and the intro cut scene just made me want to kill her. Ofc, as a crafter, I had to have her, but so far she has 0 kills with any of chars, and is still wearing her default level 10 gear. I may get rid of it if I need to use her as a clothes-storage unit for some of my Bound gear.

That said, she is supposed to be a very good tank or healer, so if you want one of those two roles and don't like your class's current options and think a shrill, whiny Ewok would be better, she's available at level 10.

tl;dr -- My "shudder" was just for Treek's "aesthetics" (i.e., personal preference), not actual performance. In an objective world, where players don't promote their companions based on "duties and performance outside of the published job description", she probably gets very high scores.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

LordMatthewS's Avatar


LordMatthewS
07.17.2014 , 04:20 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
The character concept alone annoyed me (I am a certified Ewok and Gungan "non-fan"), and the intro cut scene just made me want to kill her. Ofc, as a crafter, I had to have her, but so far she has 0 kills with any of chars, and is still wearing her default level 10 gear. I may get rid of it if I need to use her as a clothes-storage unit for some of my Bound gear.

That said, she is supposed to be a very good tank or healer, so if you want one of those two roles and don't like your class's current options and think a shrill, whiny Ewok would be better, she's available at level 10.

tl;dr -- My "shudder" was just for Treek's "aesthetics" (i.e., personal preference), not actual performance. In an objective world, where players don't promote their companions based on "duties and performance outside of the published job description", she probably gets very high scores.
Oh... Lol. And as for the Ewok and Gungan non-fan thing, I must say, didn't Jar-Jar make you love Gungans? All of those hilarious things he says at just the right time! I mean there are some pretty funny characters out there, but Jar-Jar tops them all. He was so funny I wanted to cook him up and eat him as fish sticks! (Sarcasm)
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH