Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best things to buy in the Cartel Market? (In your Opinion of course.)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Best things to buy in the Cartel Market? (In your Opinion of course.)

LordMatthewS's Avatar


LordMatthewS
07.15.2014 , 05:54 AM | #21
Interesting ideas guys.
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

Heat-Wave's Avatar


Heat-Wave
07.15.2014 , 07:43 AM | #22
Now all we need is a new pair of holo statues...

One to access the GTN from anywhere.

Another to provide the quick travel terminal anywhere, the one that is by the hanger entrance and in the daily areas...

Actually, one more... I would like a holo statue row of mission terminals, PvP, daily, and ops.

crubel's Avatar


crubel
07.15.2014 , 09:29 AM | #23
I have my own list, but first I want to call out that a lot of these I spent with credits, not cartel coins! However, I sill classify them as cartel market items.

Everyone says rockets boots, however the following are items that I have found the most useful, especially when leveling a new toon and are listed in order of importance/convenience.


Revan holo-statue. Cartel coins for account wide unlock, initial purchase was credits via GTN. This allows me to set down a repair and sell junk holo wherever I want. It lasts one minute and the cooldown is 1 minute, so there is really no downtime.

Fleet pass cool down reduction. Being able to go to the fleet instantly from anywhere is great with no cooldown.

Quick Travel cool down reduction. 10 minute cool down. I wish it was less, but I find myself using QT more often and I don't have to be stingy with it.

Account wide inventory unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Starting a level 1 ton with all inventory slots is great.

Account wide cargo bay unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Knowing I never have to buy these again is awesome.

Rocket Boots. Credits via Legacy window, but that was pre-cartel market. CC is the way to go today. Yeah they are great, but notice they are not my number one item.

Treek account wide unlock. You know why.

Early speeder unlock. When you used to be able to buy speeder 3 at level 1, it was awesome and back then I would put this over rocket boots. Now they fixed it and you have to wait until level 10 I think to get level 1, so Rockets boots is better as it is the only way to get around the starter planets quickly. Early speeder is still great though.

Account wide unlock for any Endurance or Power crystal

Any cartel armor account wide unlock. This gives a level one character a helmet, bracers, and belt which provides a little extra armor that you normally would not have

Any account wide adaptive speeder unlock

Trainer holo-statue. great for leveling, but not 100% necessary. You can live without it, hence the bottom of the list.


Here is a list of items I have bought that I really wanted, but in practice I use much less than what I thought. In order of the first item I use the least, last item I still use, just not that much.

Ship Repair Droid. I don't need it for repairs due to the Revan holo, only the unique items it sells, which I have bought one time and could have gone to someone else's ship to do so.

Field repair droid. I have the Revan holo, this really isn't needed.

Reduced cool-down for companions to sell junk. In theory this should be great, but with a Revan holo statue account unlocked, this is obsolete.

Ship GTN unlock. Paid via CC. I spend more time in the VIP area of the fleet due to the mailbox and cargo bay being next to the GTN terminal there.

Ship Mailbox. Paid via CC. I just don't spend enough time on my ship.

So, thoughts? Anything critical I missed?

EDIT: Formatting

LordMatthewS's Avatar


LordMatthewS
07.15.2014 , 02:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by crubel View Post
I have my own list, but first I want to call out that a lot of these I spent with credits, not cartel coins! However, I sill classify them as cartel market items.

Everyone says rockets boots, however the following are items that I have found the most useful, especially when leveling a new toon and are listed in order of importance/convenience.


Revan holo-statue. Cartel coins for account wide unlock, initial purchase was credits via GTN. This allows me to set down a repair and sell junk holo wherever I want. It lasts one minute and the cooldown is 1 minute, so there is really no downtime.

Fleet pass cool down reduction. Being able to go to the fleet instantly from anywhere is great with no cooldown.

Quick Travel cool down reduction. 10 minute cool down. I wish it was less, but I find myself using QT more often and I don't have to be stingy with it.

Account wide inventory unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Starting a level 1 ton with all inventory slots is great.

Account wide cargo bay unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Knowing I never have to buy these again is awesome.

Rocket Boots. Credits via Legacy window, but that was pre-cartel market. CC is the way to go today. Yeah they are great, but notice they are not my number one item.

Treek account wide unlock. You know why.

Early speeder unlock. When you used to be able to buy speeder 3 at level 1, it was awesome and back then I would put this over rocket boots. Now they fixed it and you have to wait until level 10 I think to get level 1, so Rockets boots is better as it is the only way to get around the starter planets quickly. Early speeder is still great though.

Account wide unlock for any Endurance or Power crystal

Any cartel armor account wide unlock. This gives a level one character a helmet, bracers, and belt which provides a little extra armor that you normally would not have

Any account wide adaptive speeder unlock

Trainer holo-statue. great for leveling, but not 100% necessary. You can live without it, hence the bottom of the list.


Here is a list of items I have bought that I really wanted, but in practice I use much less than what I thought. In order of the first item I use the least, last item I still use, just not that much.

Ship Repair Droid. I don't need it for repairs due to the Revan holo, only the unique items it sells, which I have bought one time and could have gone to someone else's ship to do so.

Field repair droid. I have the Revan holo, this really isn't needed.

Reduced cool-down for companions to sell junk. In theory this should be great, but with a Revan holo statue account unlocked, this is obsolete.

Ship GTN unlock. Paid via CC. I spend more time in the VIP area of the fleet due to the mailbox and cargo bay being next to the GTN terminal there.

Ship Mailbox. Paid via CC. I just don't spend enough time on my ship.

So, thoughts? Anything critical I missed?

EDIT: Formatting
Very nice organized list. I just have one question: Why Treek? (I have never had him before BTW)
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
07.15.2014 , 04:14 PM | #25
Treek is like HK with heals, basically. HK puts out more DPS, and is slightly more versatile, IMO. But Treek is good for people who either:

a) have no lvl 55 toon with the gear to go to SecX
b) commonly go into FPs without a full group (at any level)
c) want every companion available.
d) often run missions with one or more people who have HK.\


EDIT: Cru, I think you missed the legacy-wide HK unlock. It's worth the money to have that bada*s robot at level ten, regardless of your class.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

LordMatthewS's Avatar


LordMatthewS
07.15.2014 , 04:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
Treek is like HK with heals, basically. HK puts out more DPS, and is slightly more versatile, IMO. But Treek is good for people who either:

a) have no lvl 55 toon with the gear to go to SecX
b) commonly go into FPs without a full group (at any level)
c) want every companion available.
d) often run missions with one or more people who have HK.\


EDIT: Cru, I think you missed the legacy-wide HK unlock. It's worth the money to have that bada*s robot at level ten, regardless of your class.
I am currently a level 29 warrior on Tatooine. Should I get Treek or HK-51, and if so, how?
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
07.15.2014 , 08:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMatthewS View Post
I am currently a level 29 warrior on Tatooine. Should I get Treek or HK-51, and if so, how?
Get Treek now. You can't unlock HK on your first toon until lvl 55 (SecX)

Treek is buyable through the 'cosmetic' section of the CM, I think. You get a 'Mercenary Contract'. Right click it. You'll get a quest to go to the fleet and meet a droid in the Cartel Bazaar.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

LordMatthewS's Avatar


LordMatthewS
07.16.2014 , 06:48 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
Get Treek now. You can't unlock HK on your first toon until lvl 55 (SecX)

Treek is buyable through the 'cosmetic' section of the CM, I think. You get a 'Mercenary Contract'. Right click it. You'll get a quest to go to the fleet and meet a droid in the Cartel Bazaar.
I don't have enough CC for him right now... Is there any other way to get him without spending over 2,000 CC?
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

Kulyok's Avatar


Kulyok
07.16.2014 , 07:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMatthewS View Post
I don't have enough CC for him right now... Is there any other way to get him without spending over 2,000 CC?
Sure, go and search for "merc contract" on GTN. Just make sure it's not the one that requires legacy 40+.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

LordMatthewS's Avatar


LordMatthewS
07.16.2014 , 07:55 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
Sure, go and search for "merc contract" on GTN. Just make sure it's not the one that requires legacy 40+.
Ok thanks!
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH