Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best things to buy in the Cartel Market? (In your Opinion of course.)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Best things to buy in the Cartel Market? (In your Opinion of course.)

LordMatthewS
07.14.2014 , 12:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lorrimar View Post
unfortunately they do. Think of them as a temporary speeder on a short cooldown that can be used in areas where speeder's aren't allowed.
Okay, thanks!
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

Heat-Wave
07.14.2014 , 12:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMatthewS View Post
I heard that rocket boots sucked? Something about they only lasted 15 seconds then cooldown, and didn't make you much faster...
Lord no... 12 seconds of boost, 18 seconds of cool down... Rank three speeder speed...

But none of that is the thing,,, they can be used anywhere, inside caves, indoors, in your ship...

Shift 2 is my keybind and I use them all the time, probably my most often used skill outright.

Lednew
07.14.2014 , 05:22 PM | #13
These are the things I can't do without...

Legacy Unlocks. Buy only once, every character on your Legacy (aka Server) will have it.
1. Ship Repair Droid
2. Ship Mailbox
3. Ship GTN Kiosk
4. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Rocket Boots (See below)
5. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Priority Travel: Personal Starship (See Below)

Character Perks. Buy once for each character.
1. Rocket Boots. 'Nuff said
2. Priority Travel: Personal Starship

Global (Account-wide) Unlocks.
Cargo Hold Tab(s)
Inventory Row(s)
At least one (1) Cartel Speeder (from Collections)

Heat-Wave
07.14.2014 , 06:26 PM | #14
Priority travel to ship is indeed per alt, but the rocket boots are per legacy, they unlock on the legacy tab, every new alt gets them for free.

Gwena
07.14.2014 , 07:00 PM | #15
Echoing the rocket boost suggestion. Fully unlocked, they're great for long "no mounts allowed" corridors and new alts that don't have speeders. I especially enjoy that you can use them while stealthed!

Depending on how you get along with/use your Companions, you may find that the character perks for increased affection gains are nice to have, but I wouldn't use CC's until after you've unlocked the cheaper tier(s) with credits.

Storage unlocks (cargo bay tabs) can be a good choice too, but again, only the later ones that are more expensive in credits.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Kulyok
07.15.2014 , 12:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lednew View Post
Legacy Unlocks. Buy only once, every character on your Legacy (aka Server) will have it.
1. Ship Repair Droid
2. Ship Mailbox
3. Ship GTN Kiosk
4. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Rocket Boots (See below)
5. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Priority Travel: Personal Starship (See Below)

Character Perks. Buy once for each character.
1. Rocket Boots. 'Nuff said
2. Priority Travel: Personal Starship
This. And, of course, quick travel/fleet pass cooldowns, if you can't buy them for credits.

I would wait before buying ship mailbox/ship gtn/ship droid, though. Those were invaluable in the past, but with the strongholds coming, everybody will be able to buy gtn/mail/shop decorations, and they will possibly be much cheaper than the ship GTN kiosk.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

TX_Angel
07.15.2014 , 01:15 AM | #17
Before getting my fleet cooldown to zero and before the quick travel terminals were everywhere, I used my ship much more for stuff. I used to do a lot of listing and cargo work there.

Now? I almost never go to my ship, ever... I don't even use the hangers anymore on the fleet, since it is faster to either just fast travel to the ship (with only a 1 hour cool down, it is usually fine), or I use the quick travel terminal just outside the hanger.

Nice part of that, I no longer have to care WHICH hanger I go into, since they all work at the terminal, so I now use whatever is closer.

Now for the most part, my ship is unused.

TX_Angel
07.15.2014 , 01:15 AM | #18
For what it is worth, most of the time if I'm out in the world, I find it faster to fleet pass to the fleet, then rocket boost to the closest hanger, then use the quick travel terminal to go to my ship.

Nuts, but that is what it has become.

PavSalco
07.15.2014 , 02:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
Echoing the rocket boost suggestion. Fully unlocked, they're great for long "no mounts allowed" corridors and new alts that don't have speeders. I especially enjoy that you can use them while stealthed
The rocket boost which I use for months is not even fully upgraded but it really quickens leveling up. I wouldn't have made a single alt to level 10 without it. It is like air to me.

JJTEAMA
07.15.2014 , 05:03 AM | #20
In the sea am I have only bought two different armor sets

at the time it only costed 7 at the time it only costed 75 coins on sal

some kind o some kind of armor vest that looks like something that the first and CPU meter that help that helps me man many times because I do not have to dit did no because it did not have to do any heroics to get something like that give you 300 armor protection
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me